All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Okay, I think I need some help after all......
      #172070 - 04/21/05 03:37 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Okay, I'm doing better with my eating. Well my daytime eating but I'm still struggling with my night time munchies so I thought maybe if I do report for a while then it will help me stop. I tried really hard not to binge last night (ended up having a HUGE bowl of cereal, 6 lollies and 5 pieces of chocolate ). Please bare in mind I'm not on Heather's diet so please don't yell at me about all the unsafe food
So far today I've had:
8:00am-1 cup of coffee
9:00am-1 big bowl of Special K
11:30am-1 K Time Apple Muffin Bar, a biscuit and a cup of decaf tea.
1:00pm-3 pieces of bread, 1 with peanut butter and honey, 1 with creamed honey and a lemon iced tea.
2:30pm-2 homemade blueberry muffins, a glass of lemon barley water.
3:45pm-1 glass water.
7:00pm-2 lamb cutlets, a huge mound of potato and pumpkin and asparagus and a glass of lemon iced tea.
So far haven't been to bed, but hoping won't eat
Is this sounding like a better amount of food?
I'm finding no matter what I eat for lunch or when I end up with a massively sore belly between about 2:30 and 6:00pm. Does anyone else get this or am I just eating something wrong?

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Okay, I think I need some help after all...... new
      #172079 - 04/21/05 05:12 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I know you're not following the diet atm, but don't you think the morning coffee could be causing the tummy ache? It does that to me every time I indulge. I know how much trouble you're having with sleep atm, but maybe trying Rooibos and ginseng could help?

#172124 - 04/21/05 08:30 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Are you having the cereal with regular milk or soy? That could be causing the problem. It does sound like a better amount of food, though. Good for you! As for the late night snacking, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're underweight, that bedtime snack is a good thing. Just don't overdo it with foods that will hurt you!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#172375 - 04/21/05 08:28 PM
doubletrouble

I've avoided the coffee in the past and to be honest it doesn't seem to do anything as far as the way I feel after lunch. It's always 2 hours after lunch that I seem to have the problem.
HS-My doc diagnosed me with an eating disorder recently so the "snacking" at bedtime is actually more like binge eating till I feel so sick I can hardly move.
I've put on 2 kilo's though
I have to admit I ate again last night although I had a bit of control over it and didn't go overboard, just had a handful of crisps and 4 lollies.
I haven't been as good with my eating today as the kids had daycare, but I'll report in later tonight when I've had a bit more than brekkie and lunch. Thanks for the help guys.

--------------------
Amy

#172459 - 04/22/05 01:58 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

It happens to me, too. I typically develop spasms regardless of what I do. Usually around 2:30-5:00pm. Most often, the only way to rid myself of an attack is to sleep. If it doesn't go away when I awaken, that's usually a really bad sign in my case. I can develop an, "Uber Spasm" as I call it. These sometimes send me to the emergency room. As far as diet goes, it's probably better than my current my diet and most likely better than how I used to eat before I was diagnosed. I was getting very close to becoming anorexic.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

#172628 - 04/22/05 09:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Lynx...do yo have migraines?

the docs thought I was having chronic sinusitis...and it was MIGRAINES!

Have you ever tried ginger for this?

Feel good Lynx *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172825 - 04/22/05 07:11 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

IMHO, I think the morning coffee can still effect you even after lunch. You don't need to feel the effect right away to have a problem with the drink/food. I seriously think the coffee is causing you problems, even though the timing seems off to you.

I know you love your coffee (I used to drink it all day and I miss it like mad ), but I think you need to give it a good month of no coffee to determine if it a problem. Plus, it is probably the coffee plus other foods that are problems, not just the coffee. So if you removed the coffee and still felt bad, it was probably because you were still consuming something that didn't agree with you and you assumed because you were still in pain, it wasn't the coffee and that it was okay to drink.

Try to give it up Amy, along with other possible obvious triggers.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#172857 - 04/22/05 11:03 PM
doubletrouble

Yes, will try giving up the coffee again (sigh ). It's just weird cause I get it a lot but not every day and it seems to not just be on the days I have the coffee. I know it's a trigger but it just doesn't seem to be connected. That being said I have honey on my lunch nearly every day and it has fructose in it which I know my body hates. Maybe that's the connection.

--------------------
Amy

I think you're on to something... new
      #172931 - 04/23/05 09:43 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

with the honey! Honey is pure fructose according to a doctor. In fact he often tests for fructose intolerance by having you drink a cup of something with lots of honey. Lots! And see how you react to it.

That being said, I still think the coffee is good to give up, though. Sorry! But it's up to you, ultimately! It's just MHO!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3241

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review