All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help w/ food planning on fitday.com
      #170422 - 04/16/05 08:13 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Just starting w/ fitday.com. How do I set goals for cals, protein, fats, sugar, etc.? I'm totally lost w/ all this!

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help w/ food planning on fitday.com new
      #170446 - 04/16/05 08:43 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

OK, not quite sure what your question here - you're not sure how many calories carbs etc. you should be eating each day, or you're not sure how to set that on fitday?

If you're not sure how much you should be eating each day, check out this site: Healthy Body Calculator. You just enter all your info and it will give you really good numbers to aim for for weight loss or maintenance or weight gain, whatever your goal is.

Fitday also gives you some numbers, in that it tells you how much your BMR and daily calories burnt are (see the activities page). Basically for weight loss (if that's your goal), you need to be eating fewer calories than you're burning (maintenance: calories in = calories out, weight gain: calories in exceed calories out).

To set goals that you can check up on, click on the "goals" tab and enter your goals. You can check if you're achieving these goals by looking at the reports tab, at the report "am I meeting my custom nutrition goals." There are also lots of other good reports in that tab.

Hope that helped, and don't hesitate if you have any other questions!

#170611 - 04/17/05 03:23 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Thanks. Yeah, right now I'm trying to calculate how many cals, how much from protein, etc. Fitday.com is the only one I've found. Do you have any other/better suggestions of how to maintain a daily food log?

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Healthy Body Caluclator new
      #170616 - 04/17/05 03:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Laurel!

So I went to the site and provided the info. It said the LOWEST cals to consume is 1,200. It didn't tell me the IDEAl tho. Did I do something wrong?

Sorry I keep bugging you...I just don't get it

Hope you're doing super! Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#170617 - 04/17/05 03:40 PM
retrograde

Well you can do it by hand or in an excel document or something but you'd have to look up all the foods individually in a book or on a website and then add it all up yourself. That's why I prefer fitday - it does all that for you!

Re: Healthy Body Caluclator new
      #170620 - 04/17/05 03:45 PM
retrograde

Hey Ruchie darlin!

Yeah I just found that site the other day... makes things easier

If you put all your info in it and then click "view results" it should come up with something that looks like a nutrition label with the title "Your Nutrition Facts" in blue, and with how many calories, carbs, protein, fat etc. you should be getting each day. Then I think below that it has an explanation in which it says that 1200 is the lowest the calculator is programmed to recommend (i.e. because it's not safe to go below that no matter what your weight or goals etc.)

Try it again, it should work

Re: Healthy Body Caluclator new
      #170622 - 04/17/05 03:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ohhh! So it's not supposed to say how many cals you should be getting...just the # you shouldn't go below! Thanks Laurel!!!! Now I get it (I ammm getting it, right?)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review