All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
First Post
      #169163 - 04/12/05 07:04 AM
Janere

Reged: 04/12/05

Hello everyone. This is my first post but I've been reading through the message boards for months. I have 2 questions. The first is about triggers. I can eat something one time and be fine, then a month later eat it again and have a terrible time. I don't have consistent triggers and it is driving me nuts! The past week has been really bad for me considering I haven't had a flare up since February. I do know that the last 2 times I ate a hot dog (from the same restaurant) that it bothered me so I'm staying away from the hot dogs. Does anyone else have the same problem of not being able to identify consistent triggers?

My other question is, can IBS cause miscarriage? I recently had a miscarriage after having a very terrible episode with my IBS in February. I would like to have another child but am wondering if the IBS will interfere. I have an 11 year old son, and the IBS started 6 months after his birth.

Thank for your help!

Janere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: First Post new
      #169186 - 04/12/05 08:33 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hi and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. And No, I don't think that IBS can cause miscarriages. It's possible, I suppose, but I'm just guessing no. Don't worry, most women find that their IBS improves or even disappears during pregnancy as the baby puts pressure on the digestive system and slows it down. Thus, less problems.
About triggers: Here is a link that lists all of the universal triggers for IBS. We all need to avoid ALL of these triggers. They are not different from person to person. The hot dog I'm guessing was partly made of pork and high in fat. Both triggers. Trust me, once you avoid these triggers, you will feel much better. Sometimes, you can get away with a trigger food, if the amount is very small and after a safe meal. Some people can cheat a bit and some can't. Anyway, here's the link: universal triggers
And next time you have a diet related question, I would suggest posting it on the Eating for IBS Diet board, and you will likely get more responses. This is the fitness area of the boards. Confusing I know. Don't worry about it.
Let us know if you have any more questions. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: First Post new
      #169462 - 04/13/05 05:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Welcome!

All I can think about the miscarriage is that major stress wouldn't have helped and a bad IBS bout can be very stressful. There's no medical link IMHO apart from that tho.

Triggers are complicated b/c they all "stack". And there are other triggers apart from food, like stress, tiredness, the weather, etc.

So what I can safely eat on a day when I feel good and the weather's moderate is totally different to what I can get away with if I'm stressed, tired or it's boiling hot! This is why, when stabilising, it's important to cut out ALL of the IBS triggers.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1318

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review