Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can I join in?
      #168832 - 04/11/05 06:20 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I need some support. For those of you who remember, I lost about 50lbs over the course of a few months last year because I got really sick and wasn't eating properly. I was hospitazlied, worked with a dietician and started eating better. Now, even though I lost so much weight, I was over-weight so it put me down to a healthy weight...so the goal was to maintain the weight, not put more on.

That was going pretty well until the last couple of months, where I've seen a steady gain...it's nothing major so far, only about 6-7lbs, but considering how steady my weight had been, it makes me concerned that it's just going to keep going up. It stresses me out because usually once I start gaining, I just balloon...and I have nobody to talk about it with because everyone thinks I'm overreacting.

So, I definately need to excercise more which I think should be easier now that the weather is finally improving, and I need to start watching what I eat more (hmm, maybe the nightly bowl of ice cream is not a good idea?)

Will you guys help me?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I join in? new
      #168836 - 04/11/05 06:54 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

join us- my goal is to maintain not lose! fitday helps a lot because it shows calories burned vs calories eaten to help you track what you are eating vs burning....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Can I join in? new
      #168857 - 04/11/05 08:02 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome. Feel free to do whatever you feel you need to do here. It's a pretty open concept here. Whether it's calorie counting, or food counting, or WW points, whatever. You can check out calorieking.com for nutrition information and calories for almost any food. That might be a good place to start. Ask Shell and maybe Laurel to help you get a BMI basal and then an activity level to see how many calories you should be taking in each day. I'll support you! I'm not a very good loser, but I'm here and hanging in there! BTW - I wondered if the London gals wanted to get together for lunch sometime. Check out the let's get together board. I was thinking, you, me, Laurel, Betharoo, and any Michigan folk that wanted to drive over. What do you think? Hugs, ALicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1949

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review