All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/11/05
      #168757 - 04/10/05 06:39 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/11 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My weigh in ... new
      #168822 - 04/11/05 05:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I had a very unsafe weekend food and drink wise and had lots of naughty treats last week...

I weighed myself this morning and have GAINED FOUR POUNDS!!
So this cancels out the three I had lost since I started reporting in and gives me an extra one to lose and my goal is less than three weeks away. I am really hoping that its water retention or something. Saturday was the only day I exceeded my BMR and every other day while I may not have been in burning mode I still ate below BMR.

4 pounds in one week, does that mean I would have needed to consume 2000 extra calories than I burned for every day~??

--------------------
S.

Re: My weigh in ... new
      #168973 - 04/11/05 02:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

eww that sucks....

did you weigh yourself at the exact same time each day.. and did you have clothes on. that could effect the weight you see on the scale.

--------------------

#168987 - 04/11/05 03:01 PM
cailin

Ashley, exactly same time, no clothes either time. Having yucky IBS time due to overindulgence of bad stuff at the weekend so hope its water retention or something, just a yucky fluke. Will weigh myself again in the morning and see how I go. With my tummy so bad today if it last another few days the weight will drop off of me! Tummy hasn;t been this bad since before I stabilised though

--------------------
S.

Reporting in .. new
      #168988 - 04/11/05 03:13 PM
cailin

BAD BAD CRAMPY DAY. Had to try to eat to calm tummy. Mint tea making me nauseous so I bought new fennel tea. Water hurts more than food....hence I have only had about 40 oz which I KNOW is bad..

Breakfast: one slice of toast and a sliced banana
Lunch: boiled potatoes and carrots
Snack: 4 fat free crackers
Dinner: boiled mushroom rice, honey and mustard chicken
Dessert: homemade applesauce with soy custard

Activites: 40 minutes brisk walk

Calories: 1724

BMR:2302 plus activities 98 less food eaten 1724= 676
less 500 weight loss means that I am 176 under budget.

...Thought it would be much more under budget! That said I had only 9g fat but 372 carb and 54 protein..

--------------------
S.

#169010 - 04/11/05 03:38 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

One thing that I DID learn at WW is that if you're up a few pounds, not to sweat it. Drink tons and tons of water. That seems to help "flush it out". As you said, you had a naughty weekend, so just tone it down for the week and you'll be back down in notime!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

super active today new
      #169032 - 04/11/05 04:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

even with my "friend".
B1: banana and cream of wheat
B2: HNC
L1: luna bar, banana and orange
L2: leftover potatoes, snap peas and mushrooms, french twist for dessert
D: linguini, chicken, broc, peppers, mushrooms with FF sauce (nearly FF meal)
total: 1550 might have sorbet or something later, but as I am going to bed before 8 I don't know.
Exercise: 40 minutes treadmill and weights and ab work more intense now after a training session, house cleaning and organizing galore. 350 exercising and more with housecleaning.
water: good, been peeing all day! I hope it is not like that working tomorrow!!!
other: Will weigh in Thursday morning which was my goal day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/11/05 new
      #169060 - 04/11/05 05:57 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi, I am back. I think I will change my weigh in to Friday. It is too depressing for me to weigh in Monday after the weekends.

B - 7:00
SFS (5)
8 oz glass of O.J. (105)
Bowl of oat bran (82)
S - 10:00
Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (180)
L - 12:30
SFS (5)
Complet Life RX Vitamins (20)
Amy's lentil and vegetable soup (150)
Carrs water crackers (70)
Grapefruit (82)
S - 3:00
UFO (240)
D - 6:15
SFS (5)
Salmon Oil Capsules (20)
UFO Veggies (139)
Grilled Salmon (292)
Shiitaki Mushroom Risotto (150)

Total food =1580
BMR = 1792 + 200 for walk = 1992 - 400 (20%) = 1592
I am 12 calories under budget! I am trying to space my meals out better. I felt like cr*p yesterday from the garlic toast from Saturday. I need to look at the lables more closely. Each piece was 180 calories. I would have been better to make it at home. I had pain, cramps, D, gas...the works. Still very gassy. I find that I am tolerating things LESS than a few months ago. This is not good. I keep trying to add back things that I had cut out during my flare...there are some things that I am discovering that I cannot eat them any more.

Oh well, see ya tomorrow.

Take care,
Karen

#169242 - 04/12/05 10:43 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been reporting. I've been busy at work which is the only time I'm online. Also busy with the new dog. Plus I have lost the 5 lbs that I wanted to lose (unless I gained it back this week - find out tomorrow!) so I am not tracking as closely as before. We'll see if the weight creeps back on as a result and if so I will be right back here reporting! And I will likely be back reporting regardless!

Have a good week everyone

PS - Going to see Gavin DeGraw in concert tonight - very excited!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#169409 - 04/12/05 10:31 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 937 calories (Turbo Kickboxing) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2290 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 366 calories 2 cups Special K w/2 cups Vanilla Soy Milk (*note: quantity after this one time will be less, I messed up) & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 420 calories 3oz Tuna w/Light Mayo and Pickle on 2 Sliced French Bread, 3oz Tuna w/Light Mayo (just with spoon...still playing with this, trying to get in my protein) & Water

Before Gym: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At Gym: 10 calories 3 Altoids

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 380 calories 10" Flour Tortilla Wrap w/3oz Chicken Breast Chopped Up, 1/2 cup Basmati Rice, 2 Tablespoons Picanti Salsa, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1824.25 .....still in my food budget A little high today, right now... Trainer would like me between 1,600-1,800 due to my plateau...but will be changed later..... I LOVE HER!!

--------------------

#169617 - 04/13/05 01:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had a very unsafe weekend food and drink wise and had lots of naughty treats last week...

I weighed myself this morning and have GAINED FOUR POUNDS!!
temp only!! So this cancels out the three I had lost since I started reporting in and gives me an extra one to lose and my goal is less than three weeks away. I am really hoping that its water retention or something. Saturday was the only day I exceeded my BMR and every other day while I may not have been in burning mode I still ate below BMR.

4 pounds in one week, does that mean I would have needed to consume 2000 extra calories than I burned for every day~??

--------------------

Re: Reporting in .. new
      #169618 - 04/13/05 01:34 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

BAD BAD CRAMPY DAY. Had to try to eat to calm tummy. Mint tea making me nauseous so I bought new fennel tea. Water hurts more than food....hence I have only had about 40 oz which I KNOW is bad..

Breakfast: one slice of toast and a sliced banana
Lunch: boiled potatoes and carrots
Snack: 4 fat free crackers
Dinner: boiled mushroom rice, honey and mustard chicken
Dessert: homemade applesauce with soy custard

Activites: 40 minutes brisk walk

Calories: 1724

BMR:2302 plus activities 98 less food eaten 1724= 676
less 500 weight loss means that I am 176 under budget.
see you did fine.....

...Thought it would be much more under budget! That said I had only 9g fat but 372 carb and 54 protein.. hhuuummmmm...... ???

--------------------

Re: super active today new
      #169619 - 04/13/05 01:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

even with my "friend".
B1: banana and cream of wheat
B2: HNC
L1: luna bar, banana and orange
L2: leftover potatoes, snap peas and mushrooms, french twist for dessert
D: linguini, chicken, broc, peppers, mushrooms with FF sauce (nearly FF meal) YUM
total: 1550 might have sorbet or something later, but as I am going to bed before 8 I don't know.
Exercise: 40 minutes treadmill and weights and ab work more intense now after a training session, house cleaning and organizing galore. 350 exercising and more with housecleaning. GREAT
water: good, been peeing all day! I hope it is not like that working tomorrow!!! LOL
other: Will weigh in Thursday morning which was my goal day. GOOD LUCK

--------------------

#169624 - 04/13/05 01:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi, I am back. I think I will change my weigh in to Friday. It is too depressing for me to weigh in Monday after the weekends. I can understand that!

B - 7:00
SFS (5)
8 oz glass of O.J. (105)
Bowl of oat bran (82)
S - 10:00
Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (180)
L - 12:30
SFS (5)
Complet Life RX Vitamins (20)
Amy's lentil and vegetable soup (150)
Carrs water crackers (70)
Grapefruit (82)
S - 3:00
UFO (240)
D - 6:15
SFS (5)
Salmon Oil Capsules (20)
UFO Veggies (139)
Grilled Salmon (292)
Shiitaki Mushroom Risotto (150) love this stuff Total food =1580
BMR = 1792 + 200 for walk = 1992 - 400 (20%) = 1592
I am 12 calories under budget! wwooohhooo! I am trying to space my meals out better. yep...me too I felt like cr*p yesterday from the garlic toast from Saturday. I need to look at the lables more closely. Each piece was 180 calories. I would have been better to make it at home. I had pain, cramps, D, gas...the works. bummer deal.. Still very gassy. I find that I am tolerating things LESS than a few months ago. This is not good. I keep trying to add back things that I had cut out during my flare...there are some things that I am discovering that I cannot eat them any more.

Oh well, see ya tomorrow.

Take care,
Karen

--------------------

#169626 - 04/13/05 01:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been reporting. I've been busy at work which is the only time I'm online. Also busy with the new dog. PUPPY!! Plus I have lost the 5 lbs that I wanted to lose (unless I gained it back this week - find out tomorrow!) GOOD LUCK, KEEP US POSTED so I am not tracking as closely as before. We'll see if the weight creeps back on as a result and if so I will be right back here reporting! And I will likely be back reporting regardless!

Have a good week everyone

PS - Going to see Gavin DeGraw in concert tonight - very excited!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5981

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review