All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/10/05
      #168569 - 04/09/05 04:10 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well my calories today are off the scale...my UFO and alcohol consumption has been unreal...and my water consumption has only been so-so. What can I say...that's what a bad day with guests does to me?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/10/05 new
      #168748 - 04/10/05 06:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

first breakfast: HNC 175
second breakfast: scottish oatmeal (got me through workout) 200
lunch: leftover pasta and french twist 325
snack: banana, orange 160
dinner: chicken provencal and potatoes, snap peas and mushrooms, 1 piece bread 400
sorbet 150
total 1410
exercise: 50 minutes 12 miles biking, ball exercises 350 burned or so.
water: good

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#168756 - 04/10/05 06:38 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I still have to report in for this day... I have been really busy (STRESSED) figuring out my new diet plan with my trainer and also car shopping all weekend.... car sales people drive me NUTS!! Anyway.... it has been a very stressful weekend... I'm doing the dishes now (by hand)will be about 4 loads... then when Shane gets home about 7pm we will START laundry...eegggggggg.... Then I have to prepare TWO SEPARATE meals since both Shane & I have NEW and DIFFERENT meal plans with the trainer...eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk I knew it would be different but I did not realize HOW different it would be and more time needed for prep... but that is ok...it will be worth it when all is said and done....we are just adjusting. I'll fill ya all in later.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#168830 - 04/11/05 06:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Today's report much too shameful to post full details.
lets just say I got to bed at 4am (so consumed alcohol) then had lots of unsafe hangover cures as I felt so awful I thought my tummy couldn't possibly be any worst. Take a look at the trigger list and tick every box! I had dairy, high fat, chocolate...the works....I feel TERRIBLE today and it is entirely self inflicted.

--------------------
S.

#168879 - 04/11/05 09:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

we drove to grand rapids and met gliders and the breeder we're going to work with.... I know I ate too little, but I can't figure calories right for the lunch we ate out.... so not trying...

*HUG*

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#168921 - 04/11/05 11:16 AM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Yea!
Yesterday I did a 5k fun-run for raising money for breast cancer research and I jogged the whole way! That's been my goal since I walk/jogged it last year. I'm just so excited I did this, I've been hard working towards it since Jan.

Bring on the 10k next time! JK! 3 miles is a LONG way for me!

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Yay Myra! new
      #168979 - 04/11/05 02:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I really want to start jogging, I am powerwalking at the moment but would love to be fit enough to go for a jog!

Well done!

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/10/05 (Shell's 1st Day On New Diet Plan) new
      #169280 - 04/12/05 12:54 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 686 calories (3 hours housework) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2039 calorie food budget.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 152 calories Scrambled Egg White, Slice Toast, 1/2 Apple Peeled and Chopped & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 340 calories lunch out with Sister while car shopping Applebee's Weight Watcher's Tango Chicken Sandwich Meal (no onion, tomato, cheese, or sauce, but had BBQ sauce on the side) & Water

Snack: 196 caloriesSpiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water (normally I would go to the gym after this shake, but was busy cleaning house instead)

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 380 calories 10" Flour Tortilla Wrap w/3oz Chicken Breast Chopped Up, 1/2 cup Basmati Rice, 2 Tablespoons Picanti Salsa, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 72 oz

No more food allowed after dinner And my UFO is a big time no no now! Bed time around 11:30pm total of 1468.25 .....still in my food budgetA little low, but this is my first day on this diet...

--------------------

#169300 - 04/12/05 01:28 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I just wanted to say good for you for being brave enough to try something new. Be brave, sister! Let us know any gems of advice your trainer gives you. God knows, we need it. Keep up the excellent work (says the former teacher!) LOL. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#169317 - 04/12/05 02:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I just wanted to say good for you for being brave enough to try something new. Be brave, sister! Let us know any gems of advice your trainer gives you. God knows, we need it. Keep up the excellent work (says the former teacher!) LOL. Hugs, Alicia.

Thanks Alicia.... I need the encouragement too I tell ya!! The portion size of dinner is just KILLIN me and NO MORE of my nightly UFO......and the work outs have not even started yet

One tip that she did give was... to eat within the first 20-30 mins of waking up. Remembering that the last time you ate was about 8-9pm... if you wake up at 6am like I do... that is 9 hours in between... the longer you wait to eat the longer the body will store the fat!!

Also, that your body is like a car... it needs fuel..and if you don't put some in, it will not run. So, nibble all day long.... see how many snacks I have? And they are ALL healthy.... She said my Luna Bars are great for me.... she KNOWS my IBS limitations and is working with it REALLY WELL!!

All I can say RIGHT NOW is....... I'M HUNGRY!! LOL but I get to eat in 15 mins.... it is just the decrease in portion size that my tummy is getting used to.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9070

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review