All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/9/05
      #168470 - 04/09/05 06:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/9 here.... mine will follow later....

I'm leaving in about 30 mins for my 1st session with my personal trainer. There will not be a lot of exercise today....it will start with the BodyGem test (so no food for me until after the gym) and then cardio, then some exercise and then food plan. Funny story: I gave Heather (PT) a ride last night after the gym to go pick up a truck because she is moving into another rental house this weekend. Well, if any of you have been reading my daily reports you will see that on a few days I have listed a "mini box of _____ cereal" I bought a variety pack and have only eaten some of them.... well, when she got out of the my car....she was looking at something....she says, "FROSTED FLAKES!?!?!?" I replied with, "Yeah, I bought a variety pack" She then said with another froun "THOSE are coming off your list!!", I said, "Ok" I know her reason is the sugar....but I'm sure I will hear more about it today! LOL She did tell me last night that she had read "Heather's Cheat Sheet" that I printed out for her. Ok, better run!! Oh, and then I'm going to test drive small SUV's today!! Wish me luck....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/9/05 new
      #168581 - 04/09/05 05:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Woke up early as planned so I needed a first breakfast and second breakfast (sound like a hobbit ).
B1: bowl of capn crunch 160
B2: cream of wheat, banana 360
snack: luna and 1 bite of hub's biscotti which was gross and I wanted to spit it out but couldn't politely do so. 180
Lunch: pumpkin muffin, 1/2 overripe pear, orange, 1 french twist 320
baby shower: some raw veggies, some party mints, 4 nuts, 1 salmon canape I made, 1 buttery cookie I was forced to try maybe 300+
dinner: salmon with leeks, tomatoes and dill over pasta with 1 piece Italian peasant bread 450
1 bite cake from shower. Only 1 bite!!!
Total 1770 or so.
Exercise: weights and treadmill 350 burned
liquid: pretty good.
Other: my pants I have bought lately are almost dangerously loose and the ones I wore today have no belt loop and are low riders so I am afraid people will see trouser cleavage. But I just don't want tight pants and want room for bloating and my thighs are so big and pants look better bigger than smaller SO I buy 8s instead of 6s, which is fine for winter but too big for summer and my jeans are 10s and about ready to fall off. (Remember I am only 5'2") Saves time though, when you have to pee just pull them down!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

lets see... new
      #168591 - 04/09/05 06:37 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

intake: 2031, burned 2220 a little low still
3 adb muffins- two with fiber in them- one AM and one PM and one plain...
2 luna bars
leftover soup for lunch
hummus on pita after work
gyoza for dinner (steamed)
some sesame almonds during the day

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#168606 - 04/09/05 08:27 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

I am not sure if it is even worth it for me to post on the weekends. I seem to go a little bit crazy once I get some UFO bevereges inside of me.

Total food = 2014

I will forget about the BMR part. I just hope I do not regain what little I lost earlier in the week.

Very emotional still...mourning bunny...not sure if or when we will move. Moving scares me to death. I am from California, but the home have gone up to the point that I do not know if we will be able to buy another home. I want the uncertainty to end. I cannot go on like this. I could not find a job in Texas, what makes me think that I can find a job in the middle of the dessert!

I am scared...I really am. We moved here because we thought it was the "right thing to do". We were very wrong. I am to the point where I am thinking that I need to see my doctor to monitor whether or not how I am dealing with this is "normal". Is it normal to have remorse for killing my rabbit. I still miss him...horribly. I gave his food to the shelter...the one that was unable to help me because the director was sick. I want to just curl up and let life pass me by...I know that is wrong...but I just have a really hard time being positive right now.

I am sorry...

Take care,
Karen

#168614 - 04/09/05 09:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

BMR (+ lifestyle) 1724

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuit2 (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (224)

AM Snacks: banana bread, junior mints, chunky maple applesauce (477)

Lunch: tuna w/ salad dressing, crackers, 2 tea biscuits (267)

PM Snacks: pretzels (110), UFO (170)

Dinner: chicken & veggie kabobs, small baked potato, bread (408)

Dessert/Late Snacks: jello w/ cool whip (100)

Drinks: 58oz

Food & drinks total: 1838

Activity:
none

I really have to chill out with the UFO beverages. That's a bad habit I really don't want to get back into, mostly because of the calories involved. It's just so darn hard to drink water sometimes. Ah well... I'll just have to buckle down and do it.

#168648 - 04/10/05 04:30 AM
khyricat

maybe if I'd drink something other then water I wouldnt' wind up fighting to have enough calories some days... what are those UFO beverages?? care to share? since we have opposite dilemnas.... I can't seem to increase my calories enough even for low activity days, what is going to happen as the mileage piles on later- gotta do more today and tomorrow anyway!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

can you handle juice or gatorade?- nt new
      #168650 - 04/10/05 04:33 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#168652 - 04/10/05 05:17 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My UFO beverage is soda. I'm not sensitive to HFCS or carbonation, so I can down a ginger ale or a cream soda with no repercussions. Lately I've also been sneaking in Cokes, which is really bad - I know the caffeine will catch up with me, I AM sensitive to that.

Still bad but not quite as bad, I mix pineapple or pineapple-orange juice half-and-half with seltzer. That would still give you calories, but not be quite as "iffy" on the insides.

Something I found that's really pretty tasty is to take a good, tasty, full-bodied tea with a lot of flavor - like chai, or some of that Teeccino - mix soy milk or creamer & sweetener in it when it's hot, and let it cool. Then serve it over ice. I could drink that ALL DAY, but unfortunately, that would add insane calories to my food budget if I did, heh.

Another thought would be sugar-sweetened herbal iced teas.

How about sneaking in a smoothie here and there with meals? I always thought I'd love to have a smoothie with breakfast, but again, too many calories for me, because there's no way that would fill me up enough on its own - I'd still have to eat my oatmeal or something.

*HUG* new
      #168659 - 04/10/05 05:50 AM
khyricat

life will get better- but maybe you need to see a therapist? soemone who can help you cope and help you understand and maybe even help guide you through teh decision making processes so you feel better about this?

movign is never easy- I wish we had sold the house and moved already- the uncertainty is killing me, I think no matter what we aren't going to do this again, but I haven't told DH that yet!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

juice no.... new
      #168660 - 04/10/05 05:52 AM
khyricat

I thought I had checked gatorade and it had hfcs or something else I wasn't supposed to in it- will re-check it...if not, thats a good idea! I know I was thinking about putting some on the bike ANYWAY because I know I'll need the electrolytes- or at least some pedialyte as I get closer to race day, but knowing for certain what I can and cannot have would be good.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#168677 - 04/10/05 08:28 AM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: USA

It's been awhile! I've been really sick the past few days out of stupidity...I am never going to eat green beans again! I also just got my miralax prescription and I'm starting to take citrucil...or however you spell it so I'm really having high hopes that it will help!
Breakfast: Oatmeal with orange spice tea and miralax
Snack: Mangos and some kashi
Lunch: Green Beans, carrots, and peas with honey plus a fibercon
Snack: Banana Chips
Dinner: More kashi...whoops and an artichoke
I'm not counting calories anymore because I figure if I eat enough then I'll be okay. It got way too complicated. I did not feel well at all today after I ate those green beans...I had horrible gas and my stomache hurt like the dickens...and then it continued through the rest of the night.

--------------------
Caliya ;p

#168697 - 04/10/05 11:31 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Porridge made on water
Went to bachelorette party (we call them hens)
Got to hotel Kinnitty Castle about 12.30.
Lunch : chicken salad sandwich
then went to the spa at the hotel from 2pm til 6. Drank two glasses of white wine and had a facial and a massage.

Dinner:hmmm smoked chicken caesar salad to start, no parmesan. Salmon, roasted tomataoes and yummy mashed potatoes for main and then UFO ALERT strawberry cheesecake Add in 2 glasses of champagne, plus lots of white wine and some vodka for good measure. Got to bed VERY late. Calorie count suspended. Had so much fun. At least I didn't snack and apart from dessert all my food was safe and low cal..

--------------------
S.

LOL! new
      #168698 - 04/10/05 11:35 AM
cailin

Quote:

Other: my pants I have bought lately are almost dangerously loose and the ones I wore today have no belt loop and are low riders so I am afraid people will see trouser cleavage. But I just don't want tight pants and want room for bloating and my thighs are so big and pants look better bigger than smaller SO I buy 8s instead of 6s, which is fine for winter but too big for summer and my jeans are 10s and about ready to fall off. (Remember I am only 5'2") Saves time though, when you have to pee just pull them down!

Tamara you are soo funny!

--------------------
S.

Shell new
      #168699 - 04/10/05 11:36 AM
cailin

wow she is really going to keep you in line! Be afraid!

--------------------
S.

Perhaps the different flavors new
      #168724 - 04/10/05 03:00 PM
Little Minnie

have different ingredients. The lemon that I like does have fructose but not HFCS. It has 125 cals per 20 oz bottle.

--------------------

Re: Perhaps the different flavors new
      #168731 - 04/10/05 03:56 PM
khyricat

I'll have to go look again.. thanks! though too much fructose seems to make me go d- why I dont' just drink fruit juices!

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#168755 - 04/10/05 06:38 PM
Shell Marr

I still have to report in for this day... I have been really busy (STRESSED) figuring out my new diet plan with my trainer and also car shopping all weekend.... car sales people drive me NUTS!! Anyway.... it has been a very stressful weekend... I'm doing the dishes now (by hand)will be about 4 loads... then when Shane gets home about 7pm we will START laundry...eegggggggg.... Then I have to prepare TWO SEPARATE meals since both Shane & I have NEW and DIFFERENT meal plans with the trainer...eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk I knew it would be different but I did not realize HOW different it would be and more time needed for prep... but that is ok...it will be worth it when all is said and done....we are just adjusting. I'll fill ya all in later.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/9/05 (Shelll's 1st Session w/Personal Trainer) new
      #168895 - 04/11/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 772 calories (56 minutes on the Elliptical) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1911 calorie food budget.

Not able to eat anything before for the gym because I had my Body Gem test ( The BodyGem metabolism measurement device by HealtheTech measures resting metabolic rate (RMR), the number of calories your body burns each day at rest. The BodyGem provides health and fitness advisors with an individual's Metabolic Fingerprint™, the missing link needed to develop personalized weight management, nutrition and fitness programs.)

I love my trainer... she is the greatest...she is really going to get me to my goals I already know this... Starting Sunday my eating will be different....so you will notice some changes in my reports. Also I need to change some of my goals and numbers in my Palm for my diet program where I keep track of everything. Until now all I have been keeping track of is the calories.... but now I will be counting calories, protein, fat, & carbs and eating 6 meals (or 3 small meals, 4 small snacks, & 1 protein shake) This will be a real learning curve for me....PLUS Shane has a totally different diet and goal with the same trainer... so things have been a little tense this weekend TRYING to figure out HOW to make it all work right.... but it's all good and will be SO worth it in the end....

Breakfast (after gym): 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna Bar, & Water

Lunch : 469 calories 1/2 Tijuana Taco Salad - split with my Sister
Flour tortilla shell (did not eat shell) with rice, whole beans, chicken, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes (did not eat cheese or tomatoes, but I had a small amount of guac & sc), chips & salsa..I know BAD Shell... but Sunday I start my NEW diet with my trainer... my whole world is about to change!!& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 0 calories (did not have time... was too busy small SUV test driving).....right now, leaning toward the Toyota Rav4 & Water

Dinner: 762 calories at Outback Steakhouse for Sister Birthday Dinner w/Family (split the whole meal with Sister)...1/2 Salmon-prepared without seasoning and no Remoulade Sauce. Bread - 2 inch slice without butter, 1/2 Baked Potato -without rolled in softened margarine and Kosher salt, but did have butter & sour cream , 1/2 side salad w/UFO dressing on the side and 3 croutons & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1403.25 calories

Total Water intake = 80 oz

I DID have UFO (for the last time... trainer say's, NO MORE) w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 1653.25 .....Still in my food budget

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (04/11/05 04:03 PM)

#169064 - 04/11/05 06:10 PM
leoandoreosmom

Wine - with dinner - but then we sat and talked for another two hours and kept refilling the glasses. By the time we were done, it was too late to watch a movie. Watched "David Gilmore in concert".

I am really in deniel about this. I do not want to keep track of my calories once the first glass of wine is inside of me. I do not get drunk, that is why I had something to eat before we began the dinner prep. I know I should not do this...but I do...and that is why I just say UFO bev.

Re: *HUG* new
      #169065 - 04/11/05 06:30 PM
leoandoreosmom

Thank you for the *hug*. This has been such a rough year. We really regret having moved here. Now that we are both out of work, neither of us can find a job here. I hate moving, yet we seem to do it every two to three years. I am never able to settle down and relax.

I know that the stress is taking a toll on my tummy problems. I am finding that I am having more problem with pain, gas, cramping than I did a few months ago. I have tried to add back some of the items that I was avoiding during my flare. I just want to be where I was when we first moved here, but I am not there. I have my meds adjusted to the correct levels but my BM's have never gotten back to "normal". I know that I am still bleeding, because I have to take 65mg of iron twice a day to keep my hemoglobin up. I know that I need to be more diligent to be careful about my solubles/insolubles. I know that I need to be more careful about my fat intake. Again, some things are bothering me more than others. I still drink coffee...I tried switching to tea, but that lasted one day.

Both of us are very discouraged. Tom had two job interviews two weeks ago, and have not heard anything back. He is getting lots of calls from other states, and not one call from here. We will probably list the house either this week or next. Even if we stay, we can probably move some place that is more centralized. At the very least, we should be able to get back what we put into the house.

Take care,
Karen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9635

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review