All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here and need some advice
      #167418 - 04/05/05 09:30 PM
Leshabug

Reged: 04/05/05

Hello my name is Alecia and I am 24 years old...I have never really been on a diet to control my IBS until recently my problem has caused me a lot of grief...I am always exhausted, my stomach is so bloated i look as though i am preg..Constipated.i haven't gotten my period in 2 1/2 months..and i am not preg:) I have gained 10-15 lbs in the last six months...I have gotten all blood and urine tests back and they are normal...I am really frustrated and feel as though i am not going to beat this...Are these all normal symptoms...I know that stress is a major factor in this...Please help!! Thanks so much

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New here and need some advice new
      #167460 - 04/06/05 03:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...well not getting your period is NOT a regular part of IBS...some people have that problem through not eating or just the stress. I'd say you'd want to get the gyno side checked out just in case.

Otherwise, yep, sounds like IBS. Were you properly diagnosed? Had all the tests? Colonoscopy?

Try the diet! And I'd get a SFS asap.

Btw, post regular IBS, diet or board questions on the "Eating For IBS" board in future and you'll get more responses.

Leshabug! new
      #167544 - 04/06/05 09:36 AM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Has your doctor checked your thyroid? There is more than one test for this. Pester your doctor to look a little bit more into what might be going on!

I agree with Linz about the GYN. Get that checked out as well!

Take care,
Karen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review