All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: You are a good person... new
      #168135 - 04/07/05 06:41 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

If we ignore him, he will get up and find a bare piece of skin (usually my hand) and bite!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/5/05 new
      #168138 - 04/07/05 06:46 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

FitDay has Basal for 1251 and Lifestyle for 540. It adds up to 1791. It is WAY more than WW had me at (20 points). I sit most of the day, so I felt that the lifestyle of 540 was probably more accurate for me at this time. When (if?) I find a job, I know that I will be more active, and my Lifestyle figure will go to I think 783.

Thanks,
Karen

Re: <3 new
      #168183 - 04/07/05 11:04 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Thank you!

Mostly I'd just like to lower my body fat - I've never had it measured correctly but I think I'm somewhere around 20-22% right now. I'd like to get that down to oh, around 18% maybe. That might take a while but I'm in no rush. I'm starting my spring training too, bumping weights up to 4 days a week (2 day push/pull split, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off), with 20 mins cardio afterwards (treadmill or rowing machine). Plus yoga. Sound good?

I've noticed that too from your posts (that we are fairly similar). I'd like to get more protein that I'm aiming for but it's tough without a protein powder or other kind of supplement. Do you take one? I've tried a few soy ones and haven't really found one I like (mostly I find them to be just too thick and chalky when mixed). Any suggestions on brands?

Thanks so much!

Thanks guys!!!! n/t new
      #168221 - 04/08/05 04:26 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

detailed.. new
      #168239 - 04/08/05 05:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but since i'm using fitday easier then re-posting other ways.. but if I have time I will do that.. that way you have descriptions, not ingredients in foods.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Nat new
      #168380 - 04/08/05 03:58 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

my advice: A big brekkie- like porridge (i usually put some fruit in mine)
A medium lunch(i usually have a sandwich with tuna or chicken or turkey)
A big early dinner_ i try to eat by 7 and have a lot of carbs with this- pasta or rice. Vegetable soup isn't dinner! You need some protein and something to fill you. My lowest calorie dinner is any veg in the fridge (tomatoes,peppers,onions,spinach,courgettes) with prawns and Dolmio Express Tomato and Basil Sauce with Pasta or rice.

I think because you had such a light dinner you craved snacks. Tamara has called me "the cookie monster" because i love my biccies but I do try to eat a full meal every evening to fill me up beforehand. If you eat what my mother would call "a good dinner" and your fruit puree as dessert (like I do) hopefully you won't get the munchies.

There's no science to this at all,(or if there is I don't know it ) its just what works for me.

Good luck

S

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review