AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Hooray!

I did it!

Breakfast:
Honeycomb Cereal

Morning Snack
Jelly Beans (all the pink ones out of a bag, lol)

Lunch
Banana in Applesauce

Afternoon Snack
4 Merigue (sp?) cookies

Dinner 1
No yolk pasta with Chicken and honey mustard

Dinner 2
No yolk pasta with chicken and italian dressing and veggie parmesan

Evening Snack
2 Cresent Rolls

Late Night Snack
2 RKT

I did it! Grand total--- 1206 calories ! Wahoo!

Water--144 oz

I feel all full and gross, and gassy (embarrassed myself and a meeting between the two dinners ) and bloated. Major D this evening (hopeful my body is just adjusting to the bulk of food, right???) But, I'm quite proud too!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/5/05 new
      #167424 - 04/05/05 10:06 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 884 calories (8 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class, 5 minutes on the Elliptical ) - 1242 less calories to get to my goal = 2023 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 447 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles), Rice Crackers & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 345 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, .50oz Turkey Jerky Teriyaki, 5 UFO's & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 7 Altoids & Water

After Working Out: 30 calories 8oz Poweraide & Water

Dinner: 550 calories Hawaiian-Roni I have a feeling this will be a no no starting Sat... since I think Heather (Personal Trainer) is going to have us cut out salt/sodium where ever we can & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1757.25 calories

Total Water intake = 112 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID add 250 calories for a total of 2007.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Well done! -nt new
      #167462 - 04/06/05 03:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You go, girl! new
      #167463 - 04/06/05 03:48 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Good job! That's much improved! Again, just take it slow... aim to stay at that level for a week, I'm sure your body is just getting used to it. Mine wasn't always happy about more food either, but you just have to show it who's boss.

I forget - do you take any over-the-counter meds for your symptoms? Gas-X or imodium, for example? If not, you might want to try them in moderation while you're still trying to stabilize. If you are, then nevermind.

Re: You go, girl!--Gas-X new
      #167464 - 04/06/05 04:31 AM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

I take Immodium before a meeting a some of time when I really can't afford to have D. Like flying this weekend, ugg, I can't imagine how awful having D on a plane would be! It really seems to help, but somehow I'm really hesitant to take it anymore than I have to.

I bought some Gas-X and took it once on Monday. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what it's for/ when I should take it. I seemed to pass gas and be much more burpy that evening though, allot it seemed to help the bloat. What that just a sign that it was working? And if so, its certainly something to take once you are safely home for the evening, eh?

Also, I notice that Gas-X has sorbitol listed as an ingredient, and I know that's a big trigger. But, I also hear of many people taking it. I bought the regular name-brand Gas-X, so I was surprised to see that. Does it seem to be a problem for anyone?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

I think I finally got close... new
      #167477 - 04/06/05 05:16 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

of course I didn't bike- was just dealing with the storage locker stuff:
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Cheerios cupsingle serving box (.75 oz)CheeriosQuantity not specified 219 4 46 6
rice dream enriched serving 130 2 28 1
Sugar, NFS cupteaspoonindividual packetlump, 2 cubesGuideline amount per fl oz of beverageQuantity not specified 16 0 4 0
luna bar- nutz over choc serving 360 9 48 20
Crackers, graham cup, crushedlarge rectangular piece or 2 squares...Quantity not specified 237 6 43 4
Marshmallow cup of large, softcup of miniatureslarge, regularlarge, softminiaturesQuantity not specified 45 0 11 0
Chocolate, semi-sweet morsel cup, semi-sweetcup, large chipscup, mini chipscubic inchmorselQuantity not specified 96 6 13 1
Spaghetti sauce, fat free cupQuantity not specified 120 3 33 4
Spaghetti, cooked, fat not added in cooking cup, cookedcup, dry, yieldsoz, dry, yieldsQuantity not specified 589 3 118 20
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Tuna, fresh, steamed or poached cup, cooked, flakedoz, boneless, cookedoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooking)oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...cubic inch, boneless, cookedcubic inch, with bone, cookedQuantity not specified 116 1 0 25
Roll, white, soft cubic inchcrescent rollfoot long frankfurter rollhamburger, frankfurter, onion roll, ...medium (2-1/2" dia)pan, dinner, or small roll (2" squar...Quantity not specified 246 4 43 7
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, NS as to cooking method, skin not eaten cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cooked (yield after sk...oz, boneless, cooked, skinlessoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooki...oz, boneless, raw, without skin (yie...oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, cooked, without skin ...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...oz, with bone, raw, without skin (yi...cubic inch, boneless, cooked, skin r...medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, b...medium breast (yield after cooking, ...small breast (yield after cooking, b...Quantity not specified 110 2 0 21
Totals 2284 40 387 109

I didn't list the tomato slices and pickle slices and dressing on the sub... I ate an entire foot long sub during the course of the day!

actvities.. Total: 2451
Basal: 1334 54%
Lifestyle: 804 33%
Activities: 313 13%

I figure the missing 200 calories came from the stuff I didn't list on the sub.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/5/05 new
      #167487 - 04/06/05 06:02 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello all! Here's Tuesday's report:

Breakfast - Pineapple-mango soy milk smoothie, slice of sourdough (added the fiber to the smoothie today) 305
Snack - red pepper slices 40
Lunch - Lemon pepper turkey w/Swiss on WW 248
Snack - Banana 109
Dinner - 4 egg white omlet w/asparagus and feta (UFO!!!), sourdough, strawberries (ate too fast, felt crampy - may have been b/c of the cheese, too) 309
Dessert - the last of the Easter treats! and glass of soy milk 208

Excercise - I WENT FOR A RUN!!! It was just a mile at a 13min pace on the treadmill, but it has been soooo long. Of course I am quite sore today as a result but at least my foot doesn't seem worse than usual. We'll see - it is very hard to take this so slowly but I know I will get hurt again if I rush!

water - 60ish oz.

Total food calories were low, only 1340. Don't know why, other than I broke my breakfast routine (don't worry, I was back to oatmeal this AM! )

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Happens to the best of us . . . new
      #167488 - 04/06/05 06:06 AM
Sparky

No worries, Casey! We all have those days. But not all of us are brave enough to fess up when we do (is there an emoticon for "gulity"???)

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Forgot to say... new
      #167489 - 04/06/05 06:10 AM
Sparky

Hey, maybe you actually LOST weight, if you weighed yourself in clothes this time and didn't weight more as a result . . . just a (happy) thought. And we're glad to have you back reporting!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: You go, girl!--Gas-X new
      #167519 - 04/06/05 08:28 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

YES! I had/have major problems with Gas-X gelcaps. And yes, sorbitol is listed as an ingredient in the gelcaps. It would get rid of the gas but give me pains, so, until I asked someone on this message board, I didn't understand why. Of course, the people on here pointed out the sorbitol, and told me it was only in the gelcaps (of course, I always check the label now, on most things). I have no problems with the chewables at all! I was so happy to find that out, so I thought I would pass it on.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33445

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review