All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello, and I am new!
      #167141 - 04/05/05 06:08 AM
Meme

Reged: 04/05/05

Hi, My name is Meme I live in San Diego Ca. and I think I have IBS. My age 45, and for the last year I have had lots of problems with my stomach. Going to the bathroom a lot bad smells, gas, and feeling sick. I have been so depressed I have wanted to kill myself. I have two children and a husband and I have been trying to hold on for them but it has been hard. We do not have insurance and I have not been to a doctor in two years. Well I am seeing a phy doctor and am on anti-depression pills, but this stomach thing is really bothering me! And I am going to school to become a Massage Therapist so life is looking better, but I do need help. I don't know anything about this condition, I have just heard about it and said to myself I might have IBS. As I am writing this, my stomach is graling? and I don't know why?

I am scared to eat anything so I just drink water all day and hot tea. I know that workingout is good for you so I run five miles a day and do about 150 jumping jack, but again this does not even help. I don't have any friends so if anyone could help me, please do. Thanks Meme

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello, and I am new! new
      #167153 - 04/05/05 06:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmm, well you really need to see a doc about this as IBS is mimiced by lots of more serious things.

In the meantime, read the diet guidelines on here and you'll see what kind of foods to eat and what not to eat. NOT eating is actually an IBS trigger on it's own...and some people find hard exercise can actually aggravate their symptoms.

In future, post IBS, diet and board queries on the "EAting for IBS" forum...this one's more for specific fitness and dieting (ie. losing/gaining weight etc). stuff.

#167198 - 04/05/05 07:50 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Linz gave great advice-
Read the different articles on this website-
Go to your local bookstore- there are alot of books about IBS.
Even when I went to a doctor and he disgnosed me he didn't explain anything- he said Don't eat red meat anymore-
I found more out about IBS from this website- The 1st Year IBS book, and the internet.
There is alot of info on thenet-
Go to a search engine and type in IBS.
Feel better soon.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#167374 - 04/05/05 05:52 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi Meme,

Where in San Diego do you live? The reason why I ask is not to be nosy, but I have an idea that you might try. See if UCSD Medical School has any kind of "Medical Clinics". If they do, you go in and a student examines you. Then the instructor (who is a doctor) comes in and verifies what the student finds. If this is an option for you, you might be able to be seen for a lot less dinero.

I used to live in Lake Elsinore and my doctors were out of Loma Linda. They had student clinics there as well!

There is a wealth of information on this site. Many of the dietary suggestions really seem to help most of us who found his/her way to this site. Welcome to the board!

Hope you feel better!
Take care,
Karen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1954

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review