All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 4/4/05 new
      #167170 - 04/05/05 07:02 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello all! We are having such nice spring weather here that it puts me in a good mood even though I am stuck inside and can't even see a window from where I sit!
Yesterday was a pretty good day, I still feel like I eat constantly - hope this method is really upping my metabolism like it is supposed to. Guess we'll find out tomorrow when I jump on the scale . . .

Monday:
Breakfast - oatmeal w/soy milk and dried apricots, OJ w/fiber, mint tea (433)
Snack - apple, UFO beverage (238)
Lunch - UFO sandwich (342)
Snack - UFO (dairy) (140)
Dinner - Boca burger on toasted sourdough w/swiss soy cheese & spicey mustard, strawberries, steamed asparagus (301)
Dessert - Easter UFO, animal crackers (354)

Excercise - 20 min on elliptical, 10 min walking. A few crunches. Burned about 300 cals, according to the machines. I felt bad that I was excercising indoors on such a nice day! But I still don't want to rush back to running until my foot is better. I think I will try a very short, easy run on the treadmill today after work and hope that it will be lower impact than running outside.

Water - maybe 60ish oz - if you couldn't already tell, this is the hardest part for me to remember!!

Total food calories: 1712. Just about right I'd say. Maybe I can add some more calories once I get running again and can burn them off!

Three cheers for me for resisting the cookies, cakes, and donuts while grocery shopping last night!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mmm! new
      #167171 - 04/05/05 07:06 AM
Sparky

Casey, that maple applesauce sounds scrumptious! What kind is it? You know I need some variety in my oatmeal toppings!

BTW, have you ever tried mangosauce or any of those other kinds at Trader Joes? My mom and I though they sounded good but could be too sweet.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#167178 - 04/05/05 07:15 AM
Sparky

Hi Sinead, what is a hen weekend? Congrats on surviving your comfort food week and weekend at home with NO weight gain! Just imagine how much you will lose this week since you plan to work out more and eat fewer treats!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#167182 - 04/05/05 07:18 AM
Sparky

Sorry you were feeling so sick

Hope today is better for you. Did you pinpoint something you ate yesterday evening that would have made you sick in the morning?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Homemade! new
      #167205 - 04/05/05 08:14 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The maple applesauce is heavenly, and it's homemade - I posted the recipe on the Recipes board a couple days ago. It's really simple to make, but even if it wasn't, it would totally be worth the effort.

I don't have Trader Joe's or anything similar at all up here. But if it's anything like the fruit babyfoods I treat myself to sometimes, it would be good! If you're concerned about it being too sweet, try making your own - it wouldn't be hard at all, just cook the fruit on the stove with a few tablespoons of water, and eventually it will break down into sauce.

tamara new
      #167264 - 04/05/05 12:17 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I use light coconut milk with no illeffects so bring it on. Fat doesn't bother me..grease does though!

You are so organised trying to get used to GMT!
Are you all ready for the trip?
Happy gardening

--------------------
S.

Hip hip...hooray new
      #167265 - 04/05/05 12:19 PM
cailin

Quote:

Three cheers for me for resisting the cookies, cakes, and donuts while grocery shopping last night!!!

Hip hip...hooray
Hip hip...hooray
Hip hip...hooray

--------------------
S.

A hen weekend.. new
      #167267 - 04/05/05 12:22 PM
cailin

..is a bachelorette party...we often go away for weekend hence "hen weekend" The bride is the "hen" and the other girls with her are the "chicks".

--------------------
S.

trader joes new
      #167268 - 04/05/05 12:23 PM
cailin

I have been there once but still crave the blueberry applesauce- its soooo good !

--------------------
S.

#167282 - 04/05/05 01:11 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

I'm not entirely sure. Dinner seemed pretty safe (sweet potato) and in the evening I had a soft pretzel (at home, the ingredients were safe). Lunch that day was late, and at a restruant, so that's more likely. I tried to be as safe as a could, had pasta with marinara, bourbon chicken and rice, and a plain baked potato. The pasta might have had oil/ butter, and I don't know about the chicken sauce. So I think that's the most likely trigger (or triggers). I just need to be a bit more proactive at restaurants, I suppose...

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review