All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Idea- weigh in thread
      #165274 - 03/30/05 10:58 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am stealing this idea from a wedding board I am on...

They have a weighing in thread..anyone who wants to record and monitor their weight sets up a reply to the first post and then they edit their post each week with their updated weight and any comments, its a summary really just of weight loss.

This is what one of the threads look like:

Goal: To lose X pounds by X date

1/1/05 Lost 2 lbs 15 to goal
1/7/05 No loss no gain -15 to goal
1/14/05 Lost 1 lbs 14 to goal

OR if you prefer this way

1/1/05 Lost 2 lbs Total 10 lost
1/7/05 No loss no gain -Total 10 lost
1/14/05 Lost 1 lbs total 11 lost

Or to make it easier this is what I mean.

Everyone could do it their own way.

What does everyone think?

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Idea- weigh in thread new
      #165287 - 03/30/05 11:36 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Right now, lets just leave things as they are. If you see my reports in on Fridays you can see I have a summary at the bottom of mine....

Besides, after 7-10 days pass you are unable to edit your posts on this site... you will get the following message. "This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired"

I just don't want 100's of additional threads started, it just gets too confusing and hard enough to keep track and organized as it is.

Thanks for the idea... maybe in the future we can try something.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Idea- weigh in thread new
      #165292 - 03/30/05 11:38 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

Besides, after 7-10 days pass you are unable to edit your posts on this site... you will get the following message. "This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired"

I didn't realise this...if that's the case the idea doesn't work at all

--------------------
S.

Another idea for these boards... new
      #165443 - 03/30/05 03:02 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Another message board I frequent does something similar to the 'reporting in' thing for reporting what people ate and what they did for exercise.

However, they set it up differently. Each person starts her (or his) own thread and in the first post says a little bit about her goals, lifestyle, or whatever. Then she just continues replying to her own post with her daily reports. Others are free to reply to that thread too to ask questions or make comments about the user's post.

I think this way makes it a lot easier to see a person's progress, and, importantly, to see your own progress! Sinead you could also put your own weigh ins here too and track them pretty well. I think it also keeps comments more organized and gives people a chance to have discussions about their personal progress. You could keep your own thread as a favourite so it would not get lost.

It's just getting so crazy with so many people reporting in now (not that I've been so good at it myself lately ) that this way might be easier to navigate. If everyone likes the way things are though that's cool too!

i like that idea new
      #165830 - 03/31/05 01:30 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi laurel~> i really like that idea!! i have to flip back usually to find the thread for a certain day. sometimes i cant always report in at the same daily time so an easier way to find a thread would be helpful

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: i like that idea new
      #165848 - 03/31/05 01:48 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

hi laurel~> i really like that idea!! i have to flip back usually to find the thread for a certain day. sometimes i cant always report in at the same daily time so an easier way to find a thread would be helpful

That is fine if you want to do that... As Board Moderator I gave my thoughts on this above. I will not be replying to all the seperate threads at this time... I have a hard enough time keeping up on the organized daily report threads.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review