All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
aggrivated @ fitday!
      #164883 - 03/29/05 06:35 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i decided to start managing my foods at fitday so i could see my fiber intake..and proteins..and cals.....
i added some foods and wanted to edit them but when i select them, all it does is add them to my "foods eaten today" list. does anyone know how to edit or delete foods??? the only thing it said in the 'help' part was to put a check in the box to the left of the food name and click 'remove food' but that only removes it from the "foods eaten today" list--not what i wanted arg!
>>also when i DID add a food i ate today, my soy yogurt, instead of using the amount i entered in as on the label of the container, it added that i ate 1 LITER!!! when i went to change it and put in the correct amount in grams, it only lets me select from 3 options--none of which are grams! oiy!! does anyone else have this problem?? ORRRR a solution?? fitday shouldnt be THIS hard!! haha thanks all

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: aggrivated @ fitday! new
      #164890 - 03/29/05 07:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...well the limited quantity option of some foods is bugging me a bit, but it's not so hard to work out a conversion rate (if you're not sure of the math, give the figures to me & I'll do it for you). That box is how you edit the amount eaten.

stupid fitday! new
      #165049 - 03/29/05 01:46 PM
little bear

i had a fitday account a reeeeally long time ago--but i didnt keep up with it so it didnt bug me if it wasnt working right. but im really in desperate need of taking charge of this part of my life--since it occupies so much of it!! there was one i wanted to edit b/c i used the math from fitday and realized that it was actually less on the can [it was canned peaches that i didnt think i had @ my house, so i used fitdays calcs] and there was like 3 i wanted to edit the names of so i could see them better in the food catalog. i went to help, and unsurprized it wasnt very helpful haha the peaches only have 20 more cals added but its one of those things that will bug me yah know!!? thanks for replying!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: stupid fitday! new
      #165060 - 03/29/05 03:01 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I agree that its annoying when that happens, buts its kinda cool to see your calories drop back down when it realises you had a TABLESPOON of honey and not a CUP!

I just keep going onto sites like t this one and let it do the sums for me.

--------------------
S.

Re: aggrivated @ fitday! new
      #165065 - 03/29/05 03:29 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Quote:

i decided to start managing my foods at fitday so i could see my fiber intake..and proteins..and cals.....

i added some foods and wanted to edit them but when i select them, all it does is add them to my "foods eaten today" list. does anyone know how to edit or delete foods??? the only thing it said in the 'help' part was to put a check in the box to the left of the food name and click 'remove food' but that only removes it from the "foods eaten today" list--not what i wanted arg!

If you're looking at the info for a CUSTOM food (one that you've entered) -- and note that you get to the info when you click on the blue link, the name of the food, in your foods eaten today list, so that the nutrition label comes up -- it should give you the options to delete this food or edit this food as buttons at the top of the page.

For most other foods too, on that info page it will give you the option to edit this food - i.e. if your peanut butter is a little different from the peanut butter fitday has in its database, you could just tweak the calories or fat or whatever of it without having to enter a whole new food.

Checking the boxes beside the food names in your foods eaten today list and hitting delete will only delete that food from that day, not from you list of custom foods.

You can see a list of all your custom foods by scrolling to the bottom of the custom foods menu (in the 'add a food' box on the top left of the page) to SHOW ALL CUSTOM FOODS.

>>also when i DID add a food i ate today, my soy yogurt, instead of using the amount i entered in as on the label of the container, it added that i ate 1 LITER!!! when i went to change it and put in the correct amount in grams, it only lets me select from 3 options--none of which are grams! oiy!! does anyone else have this problem?? ORRRR a solution?? fitday shouldnt be THIS hard!! haha thanks all

Question - if you didn't already do the grams to cups (or whatever) conversion, how did you enter a custom food? What did you put for a serving size if you didn't already do the conversion? It's a pretty easy conversion - just go to google and type in (for example '5 grams in oz' (or whatever measurement you want it to be in) and it will give you the answer. But you NEED to know that to enter the serving size of your custom food in the first place, otherwise the nutrition info will be messed up!

And.... um, yeah - you have to change the amount eaten for pretty much every food that you add - fitday's not *that* intuitive So just figure out what a serving of your soy yogurt is in whatever measurement you like and then enter that. You'll have to change it from liters yourself though! lol

Hope that made sense!

wahoo thank you!! new
      #165083 - 03/29/05 05:17 PM
little bear

wow OMG thank you *SO* much!! i wouldve been so bothered by not being able to edit them. i entered them into the custom foods b/c all of my foods are waaay different from fitdays [with the exception of fruit/veggies and so-forth]. i just read the serving-size off of the labels and it has on the label cup-to-grams or oz-to-grams whichever and the fruits and veggies i just used fitdays conversions. but i entered in canned peaches and found out that mine were 20-some nutrients off then fitdays and i wanted to fix it but couldnt figure it out! thanks so much again b/c now it is fixed!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

quick question!! new
      #165086 - 03/29/05 05:25 PM
little bear

i see that below the calorie break-down in fitday that it shows you cals, fats, carbs and proteins...is there a way to put fiber onto that spot?? under goals i put how much fiber i want to eat in a day. can i see it on my fitday journal or is there a way to activate it? thank-you much!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: quick question!! new
      #165126 - 03/29/05 08:26 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

If I understand your question right, you want to be able to see amount of fiber on the pretty pie chart thing? That's not really possible because that chart shows you where your CALORIES are coming from, i.e. 15% from fat, 65% from carbs, etc. By definition, you don't get any calories from fiber (and any calories you get from an SFS are carbs, not fiber) because fiber is not digested and used as energy by the body the way carbs, fat and protein are.

However you can set up the amount of fiber you're trying to get each day as a GOAL in the goals tab and in your "am I reaching my nutritional goals?" report it will tell you whether or not you're geting enough fiber, according to the number you entered. Keep in mind though that fitday does not account for any difference in SF and IF.

Peaches new
      #165150 - 03/29/05 10:11 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

For something like that you need to enter it as a custom food...you can't edit the foods on their list.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review