All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/28/05
      #164612 - 03/28/05 06:52 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/28 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/28/05 new
      #164642 - 03/28/05 09:06 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How are we all feeling today? Anyone have an Easter candy overdose?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#164775 - 03/28/05 02:15 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Today was supposed to be my weigh-in day but I didn't get up til late and forgot to weigh until after I had eaten a lot of porridge and drunk a pint of water so it can wait til tomorrow! (fingers crossed)

Breakfast: Porridge and a fruit cup

Lunch: Low fat carrot and coriander soup and one slice of bread

Dinner: Prawns with red and green peppers and mushrooms and pasta, 1 tablespoon Hellmans extra light mayo to "wet it"

Snacks: 4 Carr's water biscuits (42 cals)
3 Gingernuts (129 cals)

Activities: DIY, scrubbing floors, washing up and went for a 35 minute walk Burned: 283

So today's sums are:

BMR 2308 + 283 Activities - 1751 food = 840 less 500 for weight loss leaves me 340 within budget

Back on track...will report on my weigh in in the morning. I have done tons of exercise this week so hopefully that will have balanced out the serious cheating.

My goal is to lose 5 pounds by April 30th. I have already lost 2 in my first week so 3 to go.

I am off home next weekend, away at a hen weekend the following one, and away for Padhraig's birthday the following one and then back home for my brother's confirmation the following one (23rd April)and they are all events based on food and lead right up to the weekend of the wedding!

I will need to do most of my losing in the next two weeks and then just work on maintaining it before the wedding on 30th. The weekend of the confirmation will be involve a ridiculous calorie intake as my aunts will all bring their traditional speciiality desserts, completely unsafe things like pavlova, banoffee and raspberry cheesecake...mmm, but I will have to get exercise in or there is no way that dress will look respectable on me on 30th! *BTW do not even suggest abstaining from my Auntie Maura's banoffee. It is the yummiest thing ever!

--------------------
S.

no easter candy here... new
      #164784 - 03/28/05 03:13 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but I jsut ate the last ADB... *sigh*

cereal, rice milk, and acacia
adb
leftover pulled chicken on rolls
baked tater with bbq sauce
adb

guess I've eaten 5 times today afterall.. still need to eat a bit more but can't decide what and not make a mess with a showing at 9 AM.. I figure I'll make more ADB's tomorrow after work.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ok, I have to ask... new
      #164786 - 03/28/05 03:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

What's banoffee? I know I could just google this, but I'm asking anyway.

Banoffee! new
      #164791 - 03/28/05 03:38 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

banoffee is soo yummy..its a dessert.

Read about it here I always thought it was american but it appears not from that webpage.

Its the biscuit base from cheesecake, with a thick caramel/toffee sauce on top, and then with fresh bananas sliced on top and then with cream on top of that.

It looks like this (although I would use much less cream than that)

Well the bananas ARE SF and a fruit....they make an amazing one in the work canteen too. If its on the menu tomorrow I am going to have it. My spin class tomorrow night will burn around 400 cals anyway....

Bad Bad Sinead

--------------------
S.

#164811 - 03/28/05 05:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Back to regular today!
B: 3 oatmeal
snacks throughout the day: 1 ban, luna, scone, PB&J, pretzels 1 1/2 servings, couple bites of apple
d: summer spaghetti and 1 piece baguette
drinks: it was really hot and dry today while working and I ran out of water and quit a little early. I had 40 oz water and 20 oz gatorade with me. I came home with a whopper of a headache and rested and had tea. Then my gut cramped before dinner and I had 2 pep caps. I ate less at dinner and am drinking more tea. totals: 10oz soy milk, 28 oz tea, 20 oz gatorade, 60+ oz water.
Exercise: worked 7 hours
weight: still the same between 133.5 and 134.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#164829 - 03/28/05 06:42 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Ugg...Awful day.

Breakfast--6:30-ish
Oatmeal as usual, was running late though, and dashed to get something, came back to find the end of my oatmeal like concrete. So I only really had half the bowl.

My 9:00 snack was delayed. Ended up being in lab (no food or drink) so I didn't get to eat until nearly 11:30. Had a bit of pretzels and arrowroot cookies, but even that didn't sit well, as my stomach felt so empty and rubmly.

Lunch was supposed to be at 12:00 but I felt so awful. Did have the two of Shell's Deviled Eggs that I had brought because I didn't think they would keep much longer out of the frige.

Missed my 3:00 snack entire. Ate too much about 5:30. My stomach already felt awful, but somehow I convinced myself that it was because it was so empty. Which was probably truly, until I just kept eating until it hurt because it was too full. 6 Spinach Nuggets with Mayo, Club Sticks with Guacamole and Hummus, and 3 ADBs.

After that, I fell dead asleep. I don't even remember lying down....I just felt so awful by then.

Woke up around 7:30, felt like I "should" eat dinner. Had a some turkey in a tortilla. Should have been fine, I just probably didn't need the food. Followed that up with a handful of jelly beans and a piece of easter chocolate (although just a small piece, I broke my poor easter bunny into 15 pieces, and told myself I could have one per day).

Just an awful day. Decision making went wrong at every turn. I'm just so stressed, and the stress is building up, I feel like I'm at the breaking point. But, everyone around me is busy too. Maybe not quite as stressed, but hard to know, I haven't exactly shared my desperation either. People are too busy to talk even if they really do care. And I really hate complaining (hard to tell, I know! )

I'm at the breaking point. Deciding between sucking it up, and playing pretend for another day in misery, or just laying down and crying now.

*Sigh*

Ah, well. I guess we all have our days.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#164836 - 03/28/05 07:33 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi - OK I am in shock! I gained back 0.7 of a pound! I am not going to take this sitting (or lying) down!

B - UFO beverage with Cherry Covered Chocolate Luna Bar, SFS

S - UFO Bev/food? It is a smoothie
Grapefruit

L - Chicken Sandwich (Roasted chicken breast from Deli) on two slices WM toasting bread, 1 cup of tortilla chips, sfs, salmon oil capsules

D - Greek UFO veggie dish, Grilled Salmon, rice pilaf (Casbah brand), SFS, complete lifeRX vitamins

Grand totals:
Activity = 131 (walk on treadmill - each week I increase the incline on one more lap that previous - slow but stready like a turtle).

Food = 1261

BMR = 2166 - 131 = 2035 - 500 = 1535 food budget I am 274 under budget.

Any ideas, suggestions? I hope that we both find jobs soon. I spend way too much time indoors on the computer, so does DH. He has two job interviews this week.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/28/05
      #164837 - 03/28/05 07:34 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

B 1/2 cup Oatbran with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 1 tsp brown sugar, cinnamon
L 1 chicken breast with some BBQ sauce, side of lemon & asparagus pasta (weird combo, I know), 2 pieces homemade fat-free bread
S bagel with 1tbsp pb (bad choice!)
S banana
D 1/2 cup oatbran with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 1 tsp brown sugar & cinnamon
S 1/2 cup soy delicious ice cream (another bad choice!)
S 1 piece homemade fat-free bread

Total: 2000 cal, 34g fat , 35g fiber (not including 7g SFS), 128g protein

Water: 87 oz

Workout: 60min eliptical trainer

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review