All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/27/05 - HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
      #164365 - 03/26/05 09:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/27 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Have a lovely bunny day everyone!! -nt- new
      #164378 - 03/26/05 11:03 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/27/05 - HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! new
      #164426 - 03/27/05 08:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...I'm not sure I'm gonna count today! My normal brekkie, so that was good, but then we went out for lunch and we're having a nice UFO dinner! Need to drink loads more water as well.

#164432 - 03/27/05 08:46 AM
Shell Marr

I'm not counting today...just FYI...

Here is only one reason.... Pictures of cake I made!!

--------------------

#164474 - 03/27/05 11:47 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Another fun day - I love Easter holidays!

B - Raisin soda bread with jam
L - Leftover chicken and veggies
D - Thin crust pizza with most of the cheese taken off

Snacks - 1 biscuit, some easter egg and 1 crumpet

Exercise - 2 X 45 min walks with dog, 1 hours digging (phew) and 30 lengths swimming.

The veggie patch is finally levelled and we get to build our raised beds tomorrow - woohooo!!

Great cake Shell

Yum! new
      #164502 - 03/27/05 02:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh Shell, that cake looks FANTASTIC! Come over here and bake for me! Just kidding...

Have a happy Easter! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to count today or not... I started out good, but I have a feeling I'm going to ruin it with dinner anyway, haha. We'll see...

#164520 - 03/27/05 04:58 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

I'm not counting today either. Although I think I did moderately ok, considering how many opportunities there were to go astray.

Breakfast at Church--I took my own oatmeal and just use the microwave. I got some funny looks, but that may just have been because I was lying on the floor on my stomach in my "easter finest" watching my water boil in the microwave (which was now on the floor because its table had been taken away to use as a serving cart).

Lunch--out to eat at the pasta place after.
It was a long time after breakfast! But I had half a plate of spaghetti with marinara. And the breadsticks "dry" (without all the garlic butter and good stuff) that the nice people make just for me!

Afternoon
Made Shell's Deviled Egg's with Substitute Egg Filling . They were excellent! Deviled eggs are a *major* tradition in my family, and I was really upset to miss out on that. A quick search of the recipe board fixed that! Thank you! I do have to admit though, that I ate 5 in one sitting, before I even knew what had come over me! Thank goodness they were the safe kind!

Also had one teeny bite of a dark chocolate bunny. Just one bite though (REALLY!).

Dinner
My sister made homemade mashed potatoes with soymilk and soy margarine, so I definitely enjoyed that. But this time I managed to restrain myself and just eat a moderate portion. Also had half a chicken breast with honey mustard and my one trial bite of squash.

There will probably be an indulgence involving jelly beans quite soon. Hehe.

A very good day overall. Still quite gassy (perhaps I've been a bit to adventurous/ open-minded that past few days, or it could just be that time of month). This morn I was having a *very* important/ personal conversation with my pastor for a good hour. I was *so* gassy. Out both ends! I was profoundly embarassed. He never said a word, and I was as mannerly as I could muster, but man....talk about the worst of times....*sigh*

Well, even so...a very HAPPY EASTER.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

My report new
      #164532 - 03/27/05 05:44 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: just cream of wheat but no toast
second B: I made Scottish oat scones with the recipe on the Bob's Red Mill bag. They aren't so great. I had one warm from the oven.
L: Amy's samosa and teeny bit mango chutney and some extra peas (those samosas are so dry and flavorless)
S: banana and luna
D: YUM! DH was waxing longingly about summer meals and so I made fresh herb grilled chicken with the herbs in the basement, salad with grilled veggies over the top and 3 pieces baguette.
Dessert: another scone with some light cool whip.
Also I had a few bites of sorbet earlier and 3 peanut m&ms last night before bed.
Exercise: was going to bike outside but it was too windy. So 50 min bike and weights and other exercises.
Also: haven't had a BM since the D on Friday and had to leave church early because of bloat and pain. My nylons were just too much.
Another I weigh the same as before. I think it is possible I have gained some muscle and lost some fat. I do feel thinner. I even bought some chinos yesterday for the first time ever that look good on me. I think I will look better in my trip pictures than last time but not as good as I would like.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#164540 - 03/27/05 07:29 PM
atomic rose

Pre-breakfast: a few saltines (36)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snacks: pumpkin muffin (139), slice of bread (70)

Lunch: rice w/ scrambled egg white & soy sauce (310), 2 tea biscuits (32)

PM Snacks: crispix (220)

...and then I lost count...

Dinner: grilled turkey burger (not the lean stuff!) on a bulkie roll, pasta salad, baked beans, and a can of UFO beverage

Dessert/Late Snacks: too many gumdrops

Drinks: 3 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (30), 2 glasses water = 50oz

Food & drinks total: no idea, but probably high

Activity:
it's my day of rest

#164607 - 03/28/05 06:29 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Happy Easter! And it was even almost Spring like in MI! Amazing. I'm going to be brave and report today . . . once again I did not calc cals on fitday. I didn't do too bad but wouldn't be surprised if there is a negative result when this week's weigh-in

Breakfast - 2 slices ww toast w/PB. OJ w/fiber. UFO beverage.
snack - green grapes, 2 almonds
Easter Dinner - UFOs, Jello, salad, dinner roll, corn cassarole. Small glass merlot.
dessert - jelly beans, birthday cake, UFO.
Snack - Mint tea, 1 serv dry frosted mini wheats while watching BB - GO SPARTANS!!!

Excercise - none.

Water - again, no idea. But I did have several bottles so it can't be too low.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re:Sorry I haven't been checking in.... new
      #164623 - 03/28/05 07:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

As you may know I have a rotten cold that just keeps on going and going and going.... But the good news is I haven't used that as an excuse to overindulge. In fact, I've had very little appetite since I've been sick, but I am reaching for some comfort food. Keeping the portions small and will hopefully be reporting back in any day now! Hugs, Alicia

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Aww! new
      #164647 - 03/28/05 09:23 AM
atomic rose

Feel better quickly, Alicia! Good for you for not overindulging... and hey, there's nothing wrong with a little comfort food. Take care of you.

Sunday's report new
      #164768 - 03/28/05 01:59 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Went to the cinema last night so forgot to report

Breakfast- Poriidge and a fruitini fruit up
Lunch- 2 slices toast and scraping of flora
Dinner- Baked haddock with a creamy mustard sauce, sauteed leeks and steamed mushrooms, with brown rice
Snack- An Easter Egg (500 cals) Sweeties at the cinema (300 cals)and a glass of apple raspberry juice

Total cals eaten: 2034

Activities: 1 hour painting, 40 minutes in gym on bike, rower and treadmill- total burned: 428

BMR 2308 + activities 428 - food 2034 = 702

202 within budget despite chocolate splurge, but due to gym work. Phew!

--------------------
S.

#164941 - 03/29/05 09:24 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Another fun day - I love Easter holidays!

B - Raisin soda bread with jam
L - Leftover chicken and veggies
D - Thin crust pizza with most of the cheese taken off

Snacks - 1 biscuit, some easter egg and 1 crumpet

Exercise - 2 X 45 min walks with dog, 1 hours digging (phew) and 30 lengths swimming. WOW....

The veggie patch is finally levelled and we get to build our raised beds tomorrow - woohooo!! yah!

Great cake Shell Thanks!

--------------------

Re: Yum! new
      #164942 - 03/29/05 09:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Oh Shell, that cake looks FANTASTIC! Come over here and bake for me! Just kidding... put your name on the list....maybe I can make a stop there on the way home from the UK!! LOL

Have a happy Easter! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to count today or not... I started out good, but I have a feeling I'm going to ruin it with dinner anyway, haha. We'll see...

--------------------

#164944 - 03/29/05 09:31 AM
Shell Marr

Here is my report........

I decided not to count.... just cuz I was not the one cooking everything.... but I was really good... had a few too many Hershey's Eggs (like the ones on the cake) but other then that.... I was in the kitchen getting Easter Lunch ready with Mom & Sister that I really did not have time to munch on all the UFO's....so I did pretty darn good! I just had rice with vanilla soy, cinn & sugar for breakfast and then made soup with just chicken broth and twisty pasta for dinner. No gym today....so I may have JUST made my budget...but that is ok... Monday is Kickboxing and Tues is getting my @$$ kicked day with my favorite instructor (who will also be my personal trainer starting on the 9th ), in the power sculpt class....so I'll be good to go!!

--------------------

#164946 - 03/29/05 09:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm not counting today either. Although I think I did moderately ok, considering how many opportunities there were to go astray.

Breakfast at Church--I took my own oatmeal and just use the microwave. I got some funny looks, but that may just have been because I was lying on the floor on my stomach in my "easter finest" watching my water boil in the microwave (which was now on the floor because its table had been taken away to use as a serving cart). LOL

Lunch--out to eat at the pasta place after.
It was a long time after breakfast! But I had half a plate of spaghetti with marinara. And the breadsticks "dry" (without all the garlic butter and good stuff) that the nice people make just for me! that is great you have a place like that to go to!

Afternoon
Made Shell's Deviled Egg's with Substitute Egg Filling . They were excellent! Oh, I'm soooo glad you liked those!! Deviled eggs are a *major* tradition in my family, and I was really upset to miss out on that. A quick search of the recipe board fixed that! Thank you! Your welcome!! I do have to admit though, that I ate 5 in one sitting, before I even knew what had come over me! Thank goodness they were the safe kind! lol

Also had one teeny bite of a dark chocolate bunny. Just one bite though (REALLY!). Yah.....I only had ONE Hershey's Egg too.... (yah right!!)

Dinner
My sister made homemade mashed potatoes with soymilk and soy margarine, so I definitely enjoyed that. But this time I managed to restrain myself and just eat a moderate portion. Also had half a chicken breast with honey mustard and my one trial bite of squash. how did that go?

There will probably be an indulgence involving jelly beans quite soon. Hehe. hehehe

A very good day overall. Still quite gassy (perhaps I've been a bit to adventurous/ open-minded that past few days, or it could just be that time of month). I always get the WORST gas that time of the month too! This morn I was having a *very* important/ personal conversation with my pastor for a good hour. I was *so* gassy. Out both ends! I was profoundly embarassed. lol He never said a word, and I was as mannerly as I could muster, but man....talk about the worst of times....*sigh* oh, you make me laugh.... been there, don't that...

Well, even so...a very HAPPY EASTER.

--------------------

Re: My report new
      #164947 - 03/29/05 09:38 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: just cream of wheat but no toast
second B: I made Scottish oat scones with the recipe on the Bob's Red Mill bag. They aren't so great. I had one warm from the oven.
L: Amy's samosa and teeny bit mango chutney and some extra peas (those samosas are so dry and flavorless)
S: banana and luna
D: YUM! DH was waxing longingly about summer meals and so I made fresh herb grilled chicken with the herbs in the basement, salad with grilled veggies over the top and 3 pieces baguette. great meal!
Dessert: another scone with some light cool whip.
Also I had a few bites of sorbet earlier and 3 peanut m&ms last night before bed.
Exercise: was going to bike outside but it was too windy. So 50 min bike and weights and other exercises.
Also: haven't had a BM since the D on Friday and had to leave church early because of bloat and pain. My nylons were just too much. so, hopw you have had some releif by now...
Another I weigh the same as before. I think it is possible I have gained some muscle and lost some fat. I do feel thinner. I even bought some chinos yesterday for the first time ever that look good on me. wwooohhoooo I think I will look better in my trip pictures than last time but not as good as I would like.

--------------------

#164948 - 03/29/05 09:40 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: a few saltines (36)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snacks: pumpkin muffin (139), slice of bread (70)

Lunch: rice w/ scrambled egg white & soy sauce YUM!! (310), 2 tea biscuits (32)

PM Snacks: crispix (220)

...and then I lost count...

Dinner: grilled turkey burger (not the lean stuff!) on a bulkie roll, pasta salad, baked beans, and a can of UFO beverage How do you feel after that?

Dessert/Late Snacks: too many gumdrops

Drinks: 3 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (30), 2 glasses water = 50oz yeah, cuz that can of UFO did not count...hehehe

Food & drinks total: no idea, but probably high

Activity:
it's my day of rest

--------------------

#164950 - 03/29/05 09:42 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Happy Easter! And it was even almost Spring like in MI! Amazing. I'm going to be brave and report today . . . once again I did not calc cals on fitday. I didn't do too bad but wouldn't be surprised if there is a negative result when this week's weigh-in

Breakfast - 2 slices ww toast w/PB. OJ w/fiber. UFO beverage.
snack - green grapes, 2 almonds
Easter Dinner - UFOs, Jello, salad, dinner roll, corn cassarole. Small glass merlot. a few items look like my Easter Lunch!
dessert - jelly beans, birthday cake was it YOUR bday cake? , UFO.
Snack - Mint tea, 1 serv dry frosted mini wheats while watching BB - GO SPARTANS!!!

Excercise - none.

Water - again, no idea. But I did have several bottles so it can't be too low.

--------------------

Re:Sorry I haven't been checking in.... new
      #164952 - 03/29/05 09:44 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

As you may know I have a rotten cold that just keeps on going and going and going.... But the good news is I haven't used that as an excuse to overindulge. good girl! In fact, I've had very little appetite since I've been sick, but I am reaching for some comfort food. Keeping the portions small and will hopefully be reporting back in any day now! great....we will see ya then... Hugs, Alicia

--------------------

Re: Sunday's report new
      #164953 - 03/29/05 09:45 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Went to the cinema last night so forgot to report

Breakfast- Poriidge and a fruitini fruit up
Lunch- 2 slices toast and scraping of flora
Dinner- Baked haddock with a creamy mustard sauce, sauteed leeks and steamed mushrooms, with brown rice sounds great!
Snack- An Easter Egg (500 cals) Sweeties at the cinema (300 cals)and a glass of apple raspberry juice

Total cals eaten: 2034

Activities: 1 hour painting, 40 minutes in gym on bike, rower and treadmill- total burned: 428

BMR 2308 + activities 428 - food 2034 = 702

202 within budget despite chocolate splurge, but due to gym work. Phew! see, that gym is good for so many things!! LOL

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11924

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review