All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Alright, need help with working out again - this time, BOOBS!
      #164281 - 03/26/05 02:28 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
So as a lot of you know from my past whining about it, I have real problems with my boobs. They are really big, and really heavy and now that I have gained weight I just think they look ridiculous.
I do have some small weights, but I am not quite sure what to do to work out my chest... Is that what I should be doing? One of my friends, who works out every day, told me that working on my chest wouldn't really change anything because your pecks are higher than your breasts... But then in magazine and stuff, that's what it says to do.. I'm confused!
Even when I had lost loads of weight, my boobs were still really big.. My work mates called me Jessica Rabbit! I am so afraid of the surgery, and want to whatever ELSE I can first to try and sort this out.
I'm sure my upper back and shoulders will thank anyone for any advice they can give me!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Anything but horseback riding new
      #164307 - 03/26/05 05:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

LOL. There is a woman that shows at the horse shows I used to go to that had big boobs and did not where a bra! Do bench pressing with heavy weights so that you can do 8-10 before exhaustion and do butterflies with had weights laying on your back. These work the pecks. I think it will hoist things up but only weight loss will reduce them I think. (I think, I don't know.) Also you maybe should do back strengthening exercises too- like the Roman chair (I am getting one next week free from work comp) or lay over an exercise ball and put your toes under a door behind you (you will be on your knees and they can be sore if it is a hard surface). Then cross your arms on your chest and put your head towards the floor and then raise your torso up and hold and repeat.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Welcome to the club new
      #164316 - 03/26/05 05:58 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I have large boobs, too. Even when I got down to my tiniest weight by starving myself all the time, my boobs didn't lose an ounce. Evidently, they're meant to be this way (who knew!?!) but I'm actually pretty glad I have them since they make the rest of me look small in comparison.

As for working out, I would definitely work your chest. It makes them look perkier because it builds the muscles behind them. As for pecs being above your boobs, I don't think that's correct. The pectoral muscles are pretty big muscles and cover from under your collarbone to the top of your ribs (if I remember correctly). I do bench presses for some of my chest exercises and even those don't seem to have a bad effect on my boobs. Just wear a good sportsbra (or two) and love your curves!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Welcome to the club new
      #164330 - 03/26/05 06:51 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

I have large boobs, too. Even when I got down to my tiniest weight by starving myself all the time, my boobs didn't lose an ounce. Evidently, they're meant to be this way (who knew!?!) but I'm actually pretty glad I have them since they make the rest of me look small in comparison.

As for working out, I would definitely work your chest. It makes them look perkier because it builds the muscles behind them. As for pecs being above your boobs, I don't think that's correct. Depends how low the boobs are LOL The pectoral muscles are pretty big muscles and cover from under your collarbone to the top of your ribs (if I remember correctly). I do bench presses for some of my chest exercises and even those don't seem to have a bad effect on my boobs. Just wear a good sportsbra (or two) and love your curves!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

join the crowd... new
      #164534 - 03/27/05 06:10 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

some women will find they go down with weight losss and fat reduction, but most of us large boobed but not large elsewhere women they don't do that.. and we're stuck- its surgery or nothing. Working the pecs will help hold them up.. working the back will help prevent back issues from the weight... otherwise, its either go witht he flow or a reduction or at least try to dress to tone the visible appearance down- minimizers, no prints on top, long flowing things to pull the eye down, prints on bottom... etc.. good luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yep new
      #164543 - 03/27/05 07:37 PM
Little Minnie

On What Not to Wear, Trinny and Susanna say large breasted women should wear v-necks or scoop necks or wraps and never turtle neck or especially nehru collar. Also no high cut tshirt type necks and no chunky sweaters or halter necks. And no horizontal stripes. I love that show!

--------------------

Turtlenecks = My Enemy!! new
      #164546 - 03/27/05 08:01 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Yep, I had to learn the turtleneck lesson pretty early on, without those ladies help! I was wearing one one day, and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw that it looked like my boobs were sitting right above my belly button!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that long shirts are in fashion right now, I got a couple last week when I went shopping and they make my torso look SO MUCH Better! Since I have gained weight, and my boobs have blown up like balloons, my shirts have all turned into baby-Ts.
I am seriously considering a breast reduction right now... after I lose some weight on my own, that is. Now you can have liposuction to just remove fat, so it's not an invasive surgery like a full reduction is. Also, I found a site on something called a 'Laser Bra' where they hold the breast tissue against your chest wall or something, which holds the breasts up higher and sometimes means you don't have to have so much cut up, and can breast feed afterwards.
Lots to think about!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Alright, need help with working out again - this time, BOOBS! new
      #164584 - 03/28/05 03:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well working out those muscles obviously won't do anything to reduce your boobs size, BUT strong pecs, shoulder and back muscles will help stop you from getting back ache from carrying them around! I'm not sure of the right weight-lifting exercises tho. Do you go to a gym where you could ask (or look at what chest press machines do!)...or I'd probably get a book from the library!

Re: Alright, need help with working out again - this time, BOOBS! new
      #164616 - 03/28/05 07:12 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

The old fashioned diet and exercise are your answer. I know that even when you were slimmer that your boobs were big, but the extra weight is making a difference. How do I know? I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. I'm now at a Triple D, and when I was 20 pounds lighter I was a double D. But it can help a bit. There is no such thing as spot reduction. Although pec muscle exercise as well as back and shoulder exercises are great, it won't help you lose the extra tissue. So I'll make a pact with you. Lets lose this extra bit of weight and we'll compare boob sizes then. Deal, honey?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Yep new
      #164617 - 03/28/05 07:15 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

What's a nehru collar? My Mom told me about that show. That's why I opted for a v-neck dress as my bridesmaid's dress for my best friend's upcoming wedding.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 76 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review