All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I apologize new
      #164104 - 03/25/05 03:35 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

GOOD! I hadn't seen this before but think your earlier view was too harsh. Its good to see you are able to admit that you were wrong!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww! Apology accepted! new
      #164105 - 03/25/05 03:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

No hard feelings at all. I know what you mean... I'm one of the "recovering from ED's" people, and I know that sometimes it can look like the obsessing we used to do with the ED. But... well, it's a little different. Anyway, it's ok, no harm done.

Thanks new
      #164110 - 03/25/05 04:04 PM
court10

Reged: 10/06/04

Re: I apologize new
      #164154 - 03/25/05 06:43 PM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

I appreciate your concern about making sure food doesn't rule our lives! It shouldn't! I wish so much we could all enjoy living to the fullest without having to worry so much about what triggers IBS. I am so thankful to be able to communicate with all of the people on this website about my IBS problems. It's so comforting to know I'm not alone!

Yeah thanks for that! new
      #164208 - 03/26/05 02:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ill feelings on these boards are HARD to deal with. I don't think you've been around that long so you won't have noticed how many of the people on here are actually very careful to steer obsessive type people away from bad eating habits...trying to eat more healthily (which is what most of us are doing) is way better than just trying to cut calories. Reporting in when you're trying to eat more healthily doesn't sound that bad at all!

When I report in (which I haven't been doing for a while ) is mainly b/c (1) it's a great way to keep an eye on my fruit/water consumption (otherwise I forget to think about it at all! ) and (2) b/c of my other health issues and the meds I take I have a real problem with my weight slowly going up and I'm trying to stop that before I get too unhealthily overweight.

court10, A Website for You new
      #168104 - 04/07/05 04:22 PM
marija

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Highland Park, IL

I understand your frustration, and it sounds like you understand that you can't just jump in and start attacking the members of this board.

You said you are dealing with an eating disorder, and it's true, I worry about becoming obsessed with food behavior while trying to deal with IBS. But it's also true that you have to pay careful attention to what you eat to avoid triggering IBS. That said, I chose to address my eating disorder first and then the IBS. Perhaps one can do both at the same time, but not me, because I had to work on not worrying so much about what I eat. Now that I'm "recovered" (I use that term loosely, because I understand I can always slip into ED behaviors), I feel more comfortable thinking about food and my body again in a reasonable way.

Here's a website for you if you haven't been there:

Something Fishy

Their forum is so helpful and there have been discussions about dealing with eating disorders and digestive problems.

Good luck.

court10, One More Thing new
      #168105 - 04/07/05 04:24 PM
marija

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Highland Park, IL

Sorry to do another post, but if you are in the throes of an eating disorder, it's probably a good idea to avoid the IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board in general until you feel you can read it without it triggering ED feelings, just my opinion.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 487 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10008

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review