All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/24/05
      #163645 - 03/24/05 07:05 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/24 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/24/05 new
      #163778 - 03/24/05 12:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Well I didn't do much better today!
Breakfast: porridge with some pineapple
Snack: Babyfood fruit puree
Lunch: Rice, carrots, tomato salad
Snack: (after a tough day and getting some bad news)- a 200 calorie Ufo (some Kit-Kat chocolate wafer)
Dinner: Oven Fried Honey Chicken with Green Beans and baby potatoes with thyme.
Snack: 3 glasses white wine

Water- need at least 30 oz to make my target today

Activities: went for a 20 minute walk at lunchtime, not very fast though...#

BMR 2308 (forgot that when I lost the weight my BMR dropped slightly) plus activies- 2375 less 500= budget of 1875
Consumed: 2072 = OVER BUDGET BY 197

So over budget for second day in a row Still eating less calories than I am consuming though so at least that is a positive...and my wine was well worth it..still sipping it as I type.

No work til Tuesday so I am heading to the gym tomorrow and will be very active with DIY and gardening all weekend so hopefully will have shed another pound by Monday...then I will have four weeks to lose 2 pounds. Its funny, just by eating better I feel thinner!

--------------------
S.

#163836 - 03/24/05 04:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Good day until after dinner. (we need an emoticon for bloated. )
B: 3 oatmeal 480
2 sticks very stale licorice found in my lunchbox 70
3 bananas- 300
luna- 180
PB&J- 280
pretzels 1 serv. 100
dinner: chicken and gravy, potatoes, asp. and carrots with a little bit of peasant bread- 475?
2 strawberries with cool whip- 35
1 bowl HNC and light soy milk- 170
2090 total
worked today so that was my exercise. and did ball work, not finished, my stomach muscles were tired.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (03/24/05 07:48 PM)

REPORTING IN - 3/24/05 new
      #163844 - 03/24/05 05:31 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (84)

Lunch: tuna-veggie pasta salad (364), 3 cinnamon altoids to lose the tuna breath! (10)

PM Snacks: luna bar (180), 2 tea biscuits (32)

Dinner: turkey ham, herbed baked potatoes (291)

Dessert/Late Snacks: Norwegian Apple Pan Pie w/o the nuts (125), UFO (170), ff saltines (120)

Drinks: 3 cups teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (30), 3 glasses water = 60oz

Food & drinks total: 1682

Activity:
45 min hatha yoga -110

It's funny, I find myself eating less on days that I get exercise... presumably because I'm keeping myself busy and therefore not snacking out of boredom. More incentive to keep at it!

I'm having to cut down my Teeccino intake, not because it's causing me problems, but because it's so darn expensive and I can't afford to keep drinking a pot a day like I have been. So now an additional thing for me to work on is getting enough to drink, because water is still difficult for me - I like drinks that taste like something.

#163857 - 03/24/05 06:56 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi - another day...another chance

B - UFO with UFO beverege, SFS (264)
Activity - walk on treadmill for an hour (131 according to FitDay)
S - Nutz over Chocolate Luna Bar (hungry today)(180)
S - Grapefruit (74)
L - Sandwich made with two slices of Toasting Bread, 2 ounces of Mesquite grilled turkey breast, and one slice of swiss *****, mustard potato salad, sfs, salmon oil capsules (563)
S - Brown Rice cake (70)
D - Greek *****, Lean Cuisine Salmon with basil, SFS, Vitamins(Complete life RX) (435)

Food total = 1586 (AAAAAÇK)
BMR = 2166-131 = 2035
2035-500 = 1535 food budget. Went over by 51 calories!!!!!

Find of the day: I know it is classified as a UFO, but my local Albertsons now carries Stoneyfield Farm Lite Smoothies. The original version uses LF milk and is 250 cal. The lite version is with NF milk and is 130 calories. They were on sale too!

Take care,
Karen

#163866 - 03/24/05 07:53 PM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: USA

Hey! Today is my first day of tracking what I eat here so I hope it helps me know what I can and cannot eat!
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Cereal w/soymilk and 1 banana
Snack: Honeycomb cereal and 1 grahamcracker
Lunch: Veggie lentil soup with Fruit and Bread
Snack: Jellybeans and carrots and a bit of rice cheese
Dinner: Pasta, chicken, and greenbeans
Wow I ate alot today! I think excersize makes me hungrier. I ran for 45 minutes doing intervals of 4 1200's and a lap of jogging in between + stretching. I don't count calories so I don't know how many I ate today...probably more then I should have...hehehe.

--------------------
Caliya ;p

#163875 - 03/24/05 08:38 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Ugg, moderate day. Didn't get out of bed until noon, still feeling the effects of yesterday's disaster.

12noon:
Banana Oatmeal (120 calories)

3pm:
Grilled Tortilla (with the non stick spray) (120 calories)
¼ cup Pizza Sauce (35 calories)
2 Tbsp Veggie Parmesan (15 calories)

6pm:
Flour Tortilla (120 calories)
Half a can of tuna (30 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)

9pm:
Banana Mocha Mousse (FF SF Jello Instant Banana Pudding, SF Decaf Mocha mix, Soy Milk and Cool Whip Free) (100 calories)
Lil' Dreamers Soy Ice Cream Bars (100 calories)

Total Calories--695

Btw--I'm still trying to get stable, and I'm really trying to eat safely (sans yesterday's "adventure") so if anything I'm eating from this point forward is a red flag trigger food, or even a "might want to be careful about that" food, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Welcome! new
      #163919 - 03/25/05 02:16 AM
atomic rose

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! It looks like you're eating pretty well. Mmm, jellybeans. Those things are my diet killer... they'd be fine if I could stop at a few, but I really can't. Hehe.

AlyssaKaye new
      #163920 - 03/25/05 02:27 AM
atomic rose

Everything looks pretty good, except the Banana Mocha Mousse. Anything sugar free like the pudding mix and mocha mix most likely has artificial sweeteners in it, and those are definitely an IBS trigger.

If the mocha mix contains coffee, that's a trigger too, even though it's decaf. Also, keep an eye out for dairy products "hidden" in foods, usually in the form of dairy derivatives like whey and casein - the mocha mix probably has some, the pudding might as well. Sorry.

I don't know what point you're at with the diet, but when you're just starting out and trying to get stable, it's best to stick with the basics - rice, potatoes, white fish, chicken breast, pasta - and then slowly start adding in other things. It's boring, but those foods are universally "safe" and by doing that, you can almost immediately know when you've eaten something that doesn't work for you. I know that tomato sauce was a problem for me at the very beginning, although I'm fine with it now. Same for mayo, soy milk, and soy cheeses.

Just by way of curiosity, what are your fitness and calorie goals and such? I'm sure (I'm hoping!!) you don't typically eat 700 calories in a day. (Unless you're going through the same thing I did, in which case you have my complete sympathy... last summer, I had reached a point with my IBS where I was so sick that I was barely eating 200 calories a day. It took me a few months to work up to eating like a normal person again. I hope that's not the case for you, just because it was miserable!)

Feel better!

Karen- good news!!! new
      #163924 - 03/25/05 03:31 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Karen, you should ADD the amount of calories you burned in exercise to your BMR not subtract

so with that in mind...

Food total = 1586 (AAAAAÇK)
BMR = 2166 + 131 = 2297-500 = 1797 food budget. Under by budget by 211

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review