All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/24/05
      #163645 - 03/24/05 07:05 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/24 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/24/05 new
      #163778 - 03/24/05 12:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Well I didn't do much better today!
Breakfast: porridge with some pineapple
Snack: Babyfood fruit puree
Lunch: Rice, carrots, tomato salad
Snack: (after a tough day and getting some bad news)- a 200 calorie Ufo (some Kit-Kat chocolate wafer)
Dinner: Oven Fried Honey Chicken with Green Beans and baby potatoes with thyme.
Snack: 3 glasses white wine

Water- need at least 30 oz to make my target today

Activities: went for a 20 minute walk at lunchtime, not very fast though...#

BMR 2308 (forgot that when I lost the weight my BMR dropped slightly) plus activies- 2375 less 500= budget of 1875
Consumed: 2072 = OVER BUDGET BY 197

So over budget for second day in a row Still eating less calories than I am consuming though so at least that is a positive...and my wine was well worth it..still sipping it as I type.

No work til Tuesday so I am heading to the gym tomorrow and will be very active with DIY and gardening all weekend so hopefully will have shed another pound by Monday...then I will have four weeks to lose 2 pounds. Its funny, just by eating better I feel thinner!

--------------------
S.

#163836 - 03/24/05 04:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Good day until after dinner. (we need an emoticon for bloated. )
B: 3 oatmeal 480
2 sticks very stale licorice found in my lunchbox 70
3 bananas- 300
luna- 180
PB&J- 280
pretzels 1 serv. 100
dinner: chicken and gravy, potatoes, asp. and carrots with a little bit of peasant bread- 475?
2 strawberries with cool whip- 35
1 bowl HNC and light soy milk- 170
2090 total
worked today so that was my exercise. and did ball work, not finished, my stomach muscles were tired.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (03/24/05 07:48 PM)

REPORTING IN - 3/24/05 new
      #163844 - 03/24/05 05:31 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (84)

Lunch: tuna-veggie pasta salad (364), 3 cinnamon altoids to lose the tuna breath! (10)

PM Snacks: luna bar (180), 2 tea biscuits (32)

Dinner: turkey ham, herbed baked potatoes (291)

Dessert/Late Snacks: Norwegian Apple Pan Pie w/o the nuts (125), UFO (170), ff saltines (120)

Drinks: 3 cups teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (30), 3 glasses water = 60oz

Food & drinks total: 1682

Activity:
45 min hatha yoga -110

It's funny, I find myself eating less on days that I get exercise... presumably because I'm keeping myself busy and therefore not snacking out of boredom. More incentive to keep at it!

I'm having to cut down my Teeccino intake, not because it's causing me problems, but because it's so darn expensive and I can't afford to keep drinking a pot a day like I have been. So now an additional thing for me to work on is getting enough to drink, because water is still difficult for me - I like drinks that taste like something.

#163857 - 03/24/05 06:56 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi - another day...another chance

B - UFO with UFO beverege, SFS (264)
Activity - walk on treadmill for an hour (131 according to FitDay)
S - Nutz over Chocolate Luna Bar (hungry today)(180)
S - Grapefruit (74)
L - Sandwich made with two slices of Toasting Bread, 2 ounces of Mesquite grilled turkey breast, and one slice of swiss *****, mustard potato salad, sfs, salmon oil capsules (563)
S - Brown Rice cake (70)
D - Greek *****, Lean Cuisine Salmon with basil, SFS, Vitamins(Complete life RX) (435)

Food total = 1586 (AAAAAÇK)
BMR = 2166-131 = 2035
2035-500 = 1535 food budget. Went over by 51 calories!!!!!

Find of the day: I know it is classified as a UFO, but my local Albertsons now carries Stoneyfield Farm Lite Smoothies. The original version uses LF milk and is 250 cal. The lite version is with NF milk and is 130 calories. They were on sale too!

Take care,
Karen

#163866 - 03/24/05 07:53 PM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: USA

Hey! Today is my first day of tracking what I eat here so I hope it helps me know what I can and cannot eat!
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Cereal w/soymilk and 1 banana
Snack: Honeycomb cereal and 1 grahamcracker
Lunch: Veggie lentil soup with Fruit and Bread
Snack: Jellybeans and carrots and a bit of rice cheese
Dinner: Pasta, chicken, and greenbeans
Wow I ate alot today! I think excersize makes me hungrier. I ran for 45 minutes doing intervals of 4 1200's and a lap of jogging in between + stretching. I don't count calories so I don't know how many I ate today...probably more then I should have...hehehe.

--------------------
Caliya ;p

#163875 - 03/24/05 08:38 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05

Ugg, moderate day. Didn't get out of bed until noon, still feeling the effects of yesterday's disaster.

12noon:
Banana Oatmeal (120 calories)

3pm:
Grilled Tortilla (with the non stick spray) (120 calories)
¼ cup Pizza Sauce (35 calories)
2 Tbsp Veggie Parmesan (15 calories)

6pm:
Flour Tortilla (120 calories)
Half a can of tuna (30 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)

9pm:
Banana Mocha Mousse (FF SF Jello Instant Banana Pudding, SF Decaf Mocha mix, Soy Milk and Cool Whip Free) (100 calories)
Lil' Dreamers Soy Ice Cream Bars (100 calories)

Total Calories--695

Btw--I'm still trying to get stable, and I'm really trying to eat safely (sans yesterday's "adventure") so if anything I'm eating from this point forward is a red flag trigger food, or even a "might want to be careful about that" food, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Welcome! new
      #163919 - 03/25/05 02:16 AM
atomic rose

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! It looks like you're eating pretty well. Mmm, jellybeans. Those things are my diet killer... they'd be fine if I could stop at a few, but I really can't. Hehe.

AlyssaKaye new
      #163920 - 03/25/05 02:27 AM
atomic rose

Everything looks pretty good, except the Banana Mocha Mousse. Anything sugar free like the pudding mix and mocha mix most likely has artificial sweeteners in it, and those are definitely an IBS trigger.

If the mocha mix contains coffee, that's a trigger too, even though it's decaf. Also, keep an eye out for dairy products "hidden" in foods, usually in the form of dairy derivatives like whey and casein - the mocha mix probably has some, the pudding might as well. Sorry.

I don't know what point you're at with the diet, but when you're just starting out and trying to get stable, it's best to stick with the basics - rice, potatoes, white fish, chicken breast, pasta - and then slowly start adding in other things. It's boring, but those foods are universally "safe" and by doing that, you can almost immediately know when you've eaten something that doesn't work for you. I know that tomato sauce was a problem for me at the very beginning, although I'm fine with it now. Same for mayo, soy milk, and soy cheeses.

Just by way of curiosity, what are your fitness and calorie goals and such? I'm sure (I'm hoping!!) you don't typically eat 700 calories in a day. (Unless you're going through the same thing I did, in which case you have my complete sympathy... last summer, I had reached a point with my IBS where I was so sick that I was barely eating 200 calories a day. It took me a few months to work up to eating like a normal person again. I hope that's not the case for you, just because it was miserable!)

Feel better!

Karen- good news!!! new
      #163924 - 03/25/05 03:31 AM
cailin

Karen, you should ADD the amount of calories you burned in exercise to your BMR not subtract

so with that in mind...

BMR = 2166 + 131 = 2297-500 = 1797 food budget. Under by budget by 211

--------------------
S.

#163926 - 03/25/05 04:10 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Not too bad on the food front, although chocolate biscuits may have been involved. Did two 45 mins fast walks with the dog and 1 hour 30 mins of Yoga class.

Tomorrow I'm digging my huge veggie patch, so that should burn a few hundred calories!

#163934 - 03/25/05 05:28 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Quote:

chocolate biscuits may have been involved.

I HATE it when that happens!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#163936 - 03/25/05 05:44 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, after such good news yesterday, I did not do so hot today. And it looks like this could be a tough weekend ahead . . . I am moving back home on Saturday - high stress levels plus my mom keeps foods in the house that I don't allow myself to buy b/c if they're there I will eat them. Plus Easter (Casey, I hear ya about those evil jelly beans - BE STRONG!!) always lots of food and candy. Thank goodness I have encouragement from y'all!

breakfast - 2/3 serving cream of wheat made w/soy milk, OJ w/fiber, mint tea (252)
snack - baby carrots (46), UFO beverage (155)
lunch - sliced apple and PB wrapped in a flour tortilla (2 for a total of 427)
snack - pita chips and hummus (417)
dinner - Soy milk, few bites of leftover chicken, homemade sweet potato fries (roasted w/Pam and spices) baked chips&salsa (should not have had that last part) (420)
dessert - UFO naughty Easter treat (215)

Excercise - 20 min pilates tape - maybe burned 100 cal IF I'm lucky.

So my total food calories were WAY high today - 1833!!! I ate that extra snack since we are all talking about eating MORE to weigh LESS, and how many small meals help. I don't think that was the problem; it was the chips&salsa that made me feel too full, then I managed to still eat dessert! I find I have dessert more often when I am MORE full after dinner - WEIRD. Oh, well. Today is a new day and so far so good.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Welcome! new
      #163940 - 03/25/05 06:28 AM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05

Yeah i may have overloaded a bit yesterday considering I went to a movie and wasn't paying attention to just HOW MANY I was eating...but considering it was an easter treat I'm gonna let myself go just this once...hopefully!

--------------------
Caliya ;p

#163947 - 03/25/05 06:53 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Well I did it today, I armed myself with lots of food and took my breaks at work , when 5 o'clock came I felt great. I was actually hyper and excited lol.

Breakfast: RKT, water
Lunch: turkey sandwhich on white bread, applesauce cup and fruit snacks, water
Snacks: applesauce cup, arrowroot animal crackers, water
Snacks: going overboard with the applesauce today but another applesauce cup lol
Dinner: here is where it gets bad: one quarter of a huge a hawaiin panzerotti, we went out to eat and it was a treat for me and....more......water
Snack: rice pudding

Excercise: worked all day and it was crazy busy so I burned around 676 calories there
Walked downtown to and from the restaurant to come back to a parking ticket (bf put the display ticket on the dash upside down, as if they couldn't tell what it was anyway?)

So according to fitday I ate 2153 calories
calorie level to maintain my current weight 2309
my level to lose weight is 1809

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: AlyssaKaye new
      #164048 - 03/25/05 12:44 PM
AlyssaKaye

Yeah....you're right...sadly, the mocha mix is now definitely out. The pudding has a big of dairy in the last couple ingredients, I might see if I can work it back in in a few months, but for now, it's out too. Ah, well...live and learn.

No, 700 calories certainly isn't normal (or desirable!). I usually start the day about 6 hours earlier, so that's at least two more small meal/snacks. I'm having a hard time eating much at once, so I'm trying to eat often. I'd say about 1200, maybe more would be normal. I eat less on the days I sleep in, there are just fewer hours in the day! I know that 1200 is still pretty low, but I don't have much of an appetite, so I'm working on that.

So far as goals, the first one would be to feel good again! Fitness, generally (with the exception of the last 3 weeks, which have been just awful) I walk on the treadmill at the gym and lift weights about 5 times a week or so. I'm pretty comfortable with that, it's not particulary strenous or anything, just maintenance. The counting calories and reporting what I eat is more so that I am accountable for what I eat, and so I can get feedback (like the Mocha mistake). The calories are more so I don't eat too much all at once, not necessary eat too much over the course of the day. As far as weight loss, its not a big goal, maintenance is just fine. I mean, every girl has her 5 vanity pounds or whatever, but its not a major priority.

I just want to get in the habit of eating the right things (and being sure of exactly what that means now) and exercising again. I did the "breaking the cycle diet" for about 2 weeks, and now have started adding back in some protein and such, because I really needed that. I had such severe D that I was getting really weak and had to quit working out (and functioning in general), so I had to get that under control, but I think now I need to the protein to keep from becoming weak from lack of that. Such a hard balance!

The gym is closed now for the Easter Holiday, but it will be open again either Monday or Tuesday and I want to be ready to go then. I think I need to, I got a bit winded today cleaning out the refridgerator (took out the drawers and shelves and scrubbed and everything--it had to be done!). Also, hopefully with working out again I'll have a better appetite, I think that helped before.

It's hard. I think I'm learning, but the more I'm learning, the more I'm realizing that I'm messing up!

--------------------

Re: AlyssaKaye new
      #164068 - 03/25/05 01:31 PM
atomic rose

The pudding mix and mocha mix are also a no-go because of the artificial sweeteners. Those, unfortunately, are some of the WORST triggers... I really don't know anyone who can tolerate those (and if they think they can and they still aren't 100% stable, then they're in denial, hehe). I'm not sure what to suggest for a sub for the mocha mix, but the good news is that jello brand *instant* pudding (be sure it's the instant, and NOT sugar-free) is dairy-free.

As for your goals... all reasonable. I know the feeling all too well of being too weak to do much of anything, and not having an appetite to eat much either. Any of the folks who have been here a while can tell you how much of a struggle I had - 700, for a while, would have been a good day for me! I just wanted to see where you were at, if you were having the same problems as me, etc etc. I'm nosy like that.

I'm in maintenance mode myself. I'm one of the people on here who isn't trying to lose weight necessarily, just maintain and get healthier. I have a long history of crappy eating and bouncing between underweight and clinically obese, and I'd like to stop that. I suppose you could say that I'm learning how to eat all over again, and that's why I report in every day - same as you, I want to be accountable for how I'm living, and I want feedback when I hit rough spots. So you're not alone there.

It's definitely hard, but hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself for making mistakes... we've all been there!

PS - I don't thing I ever said welcome, so... welcome!

Re: Thanks, and a question about coffee new
      #164107 - 03/25/05 03:44 PM
AlyssaKaye

Thanks for the welcome.

And, thanks for the tip about the Jello Instant Pudding. We eat pudding *all* the time in our house, but in the past have bought Regular or Sugar Free pretty much indiscriminately. If I wanted Butterscotch and it came in SF, that's what I got. If I wanted Cookie's and Cream and it came in Regular, that's what I got. I know the selection with Regular is actually bigger overall (though not always in stores, thanks to the low carb phenomena) so I will have no problem sticking to that from now on. So many yummy flavors! (They just came out with cheesecake flavor, but I haven't seen it in my town yet...can't wait to see if it's good. If so, could make it as a pie filling and have "cheescake"!)

And yes, I certainly understand about bad eating habits. It's a serious concern. I've never been one to eat or not because of body image or whatever, but I've had some pretty bad habits in the past. Skip breakfast because I was in a hurry, then be "too busy" for lunch. Then come home and eat and eat and eat. Also, if I'm PMSing, I eat like I'm starving, as if I'll never eat again. But the next week, I have no appetite, and often truly forget to eat. Mercifully, whether I was binging on chocolate, being a workaholic, or having unending D, my weight has been almost constant. Amazing really. (Well, I suppose I wouldn't feel that way if I were trying to lose it!--But since that's not the case, I'm set.) Unfortuantely, now those habits lead to much pain, cramping, bloating, etc. So no more!

Oh, I do have a question about coffe. I honestly love the flavor (not the caffine fix or anything, I never needed one to get myself up in the morning, just the flavor). Are there coffee flavored things that are safe (because they don't actually have coffee)? What about those cappucino jelly beans? The website confirms they are dairy-free, so that's a start. Also, what about chai tea? I think I could be happy subing that for hot coffee in the evenings. But does it have too much caffine? I quit drinking black tea and switched to herbal, and that's alright. (Although I can't find a vanilla flavored herbal tea, and that was my other love.) Any words of wisdom on that?

Yes, accountability is so important. If I can be accountable for how I'm living now, and maybe even proud soon, I think I'm doing pretty well.

And thanks so much. For the record, I think nosy is a good thing. I might need that right now.

--------------------

Coffee and such new
      #164114 - 03/25/05 04:27 PM
atomic rose

I don't know... you might get tired of me being nosy and change your mind about that one, haha.

My favorite coffee substitute thus far is Mocha flavored Teeccino. You can find it at health food stores or http://www.teeccino.com. It's not cheap, that's the one drawback to it. But it really does have a coffee-like flavor... not exact, but close enough that I've become hopelessly addicted to it.

As for chai, the absolute BEST chai I've ever had was actually an herbal one! It's made by Yogi Teas ( http://www.yogitea.com I think), and it's called Redbush Chai. Redbush, rooibus, or sometimes it's just called red tea, is herbal and completely safe, but it has a more tea-like flavor than, say, chamomile. (Blech, I hate chamomile, heh.)

Vanilla tea is tougher... I haven't found one that really compares to the Twinings black I used to love. I know Celestial Seasonings makes a Honey Vanilla Chamomile that isn't too bad, if you don't loathe chamomile the way I do. I've also seen a vanilla redbush tea in the health food store, but I can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

Can you tell I've tried a lot of teas? Haha. You should see my kitchen. I have an entire cabinet filled with boxes of tea!

Woohoo! new
      #164165 - 03/25/05 07:35 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Glad to hear you're feeling good!

(Sucks about the parking ticket though )

Teeeeeeea new
      #164166 - 03/25/05 07:42 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

In the evenings I drink decaf black tea (which is ok for me, though some have problems with the tanic acid in black tea generally) with vanilla soy milk. Mmmmmmmm. I add a cinnamon stick and sometimes some ginger and it's kind of chai like, but very vanilla-y. Just a thought!

Tea! new
      #164171 - 03/25/05 08:13 PM
AlyssaKaye

Oh goodness, I do too! The spice cabinet (a full size cabinet, with two doors and two shelf levels) is now the half spice/ half tea cabinet with the overflow in the pantry. I bought Chamomille when I first started reading about IBS and the box is still there, minus that first teabag. Uck! The I tried the Honey Vanilla Chamomille, and it was gone in a week (and that wasn't the only tea I was drinking!) Much better. Thank goodness for Celestial Seasoning's online store finders *by tea flavor*! So helpful. I also bought their Vanilla Madagascar Red (or something like that) but thought it was awful! It's the only red tea I've ever had, and the first tea I ever truly disliked (that was before the plain Chamomille) so I thought maybe I just didn't care for red teas. I'll try a red tea in a different brand though, maybe it was a fluke. I'll order some of that chai, mmm! I'll also try the decaf black idea. I even liked Lipton's Vanilla flavored black tea, maybe they (or someone) make it in decaf. With vanilla soy milk, ymm!

The other problem with finding vanilla teas (at least with Celestial Seasonings which is the easiest to find around here) is that so many of the vanilla teas (or the teas with chamomile, or ginger or any other "aid") have peppermint in them. I am *severely* allergic to peppermint--I get ill if someone in the room has brushed their teeth with mint toothpaste. And that is true *often*. Sometimes its hard to separate that from an IBS attack, but not many people have mentioned migraines or true nausea with IBS, so I think that must just be the mint. I've been allergic to it long before the IBS anyways.

TEECCINO! Even the word sounds perfect! I'll have to look into that *immediately*! Yup...I love tea. Just in the cups sitting around my bed and desk from *today* include blueberry, peach, tangerine, apple cinnamon, lemon, and several cups of raspberry. Yikes, I need to wash dishes!

Does anyone have any suggestions for "digestive aid" type teas that don't include peppermint? I can't find the fennel anywhere, are there brands with websites that I could "store locate" on? I have allot of gas and bloating so I was hopeful it might help. I bought some ginger, but its not from a tea company I know. And frankly, I'm a bit chicken to try it. Will it taste anything like ginger snaps? That's about the only use of ginger I care for. In the past, I've left it out of recipes even (that, and nutmeg. Uck!). Those are about the only particularly helpful types I've read on here. Are there any others? Or brand recommendations?

--------------------

Re: Tea! new
      #164179 - 03/25/05 08:47 PM
Little Minnie

I buy Heather's fennel tea. Ginger tea is very good and economical made by cutting a couple slices ginger root, heat and steep in small pan, pour out some water into your cup, leave some water in there and let it sit all day and steep (the ginger doesn't go bad), put honey and a little lemon juice in the cup. It is delicious. Just add more water to the ginger root for a couple days in that same pan and then get new ginger and water in there.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#164183 - 03/25/05 09:32 PM
AlyssaKaye

That sounds easy enough. With just enough water to cover it, or more like a pot of water with the ginger in there?

Does the tea taste bitter? I hope not...somehow I'm just so put off by the idea of bitter tea...I guess honey and lemon could fix that though, eh?

--------------------

#164187 - 03/25/05 09:54 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 346 calories (60 minutes Weight Resistance Training Class ) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1459 calorie food budget.

REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training
Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results.

Breakfast: 135 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar (it was a defect and only less then 3" long ) & Water

Lunch : 287 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna Sandwich w/RF Mayo and Pickle & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 420 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box of Trix DRY, 2 Rolls Smarties, 1oz Turkey Jerky Original & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 554 calories Hawaiian-Roni YUMMERS!! Thanks Jennifer Rose & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1405.25 calories

Total Water intake = 64 oz Bad Shell

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 1655.25 .....over my food budget....by 196 oh well...I'm only human!

WEIGH IN DAY IS 3/25/05!!

--------------------

#164289 - 03/26/05 03:13 PM
cailin

Quote:

although chocolate biscuits may have been involved

Cath, you're a woman after my own heart...Tamara already christened me the cookie monster!

--------------------
S.

#164308 - 03/26/05 05:21 PM
Little Minnie

I use a small saucepan filled with water. It makes it so you use the root for many cups of tea. I think the taste is great. It is almost burny on the throat in a way but not as bad as ginger altoids!

--------------------

#164324 - 03/26/05 06:41 PM
atomic rose

Well, don't give up on the red tea yet. I did have the Vanilla Madagascar Red, the CS one, and I didn't care much for it either. It's very... bland. There are much better quality red teas out there. I think you'll definitely like it in the chai - I mean, chai is so spicy, you hardly taste any "tea" at all anyway.

If you can find a good selection of the Yogi teas, they're definitely worth looking into. They have several that are a base of roasted chicory root and carob pods... which sounds awful, heh, but it actually gives it a richer flavor than chamomile-based teas, which are more leafy/flowery-tasting to me.

What's funny is that I was ALWAYS a coffee drinker. Hardcore. I started when I was 9 or 10 and was a full-pot-a-day drinker by the time I was a teenager. Tea was something my mother forced down my throat when I was sick. Ah, how things change!

I'll be honest, ginger tea does not taste like gingersnaps, no. But it isn't bitter, and it's even less so if you put a good bit of sugar in it, so don't be afraid to try it. And there's really nothing that even remotely compares as a digestive aid and a remedy when you're feeling queasy. I hardly ever drink plain ginger anymore - that's more medicinal for me these days - but I do enjoy a Stash lemon-ginger with dinner.

I think it was already mentioned, but you can get fennel tea here on the site. I've never tried it personally, but I think it has an anise/licorice sort of taste.

#164342 - 03/26/05 08:05 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well I didn't do much better today!
Breakfast: porridge with some pineapple yum...
Snack: Babyfood fruit puree
Lunch: Rice, carrots, tomato salad
Snack: (after a tough day and getting some bad news)- a 200 calorie Ufo (some Kit-Kat chocolate wafer)
Dinner: Oven Fried Honey Chicken hey, I know what that is! with Green Beans and baby potatoes with thyme.
Snack: 3 glasses white wine

Water- need at least 30 oz to make my target today

Activities: went for a 20 minute walk at lunchtime, not very fast though...#

BMR 2308 (forgot that when I lost the weight my BMR dropped slightly) plus activies- 2375 less 500= budget of 1875
Consumed: 2072 = OVER BUDGET BY 197 dangit....but not too bad....that winde is to blame!

So over budget for second day in a row Still eating less calories than I am consuming though so at least that is a positive...and my wine was well worth it..still sipping it as I type. lol

No work til Tuesday so I am heading to the gym tomorrow and will be very active with DIY and gardening all weekend so hopefully will have shed another pound by Monday...then I will have four weeks to lose 2 pounds. Its funny, just by eating better I feel thinner! Oh, it's 3 not more pounds....I was thinking just one more...oh well, either way you will make it!

--------------------

#164343 - 03/26/05 08:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Good day until after dinner. (we need an emoticon for bloated. ) Here....does this one work? LOL
B: 3 oatmeal 480
2 sticks very stale licorice found in my lunchbox 70 lol
3 bananas- 300
luna- 180
PB&J- 280
pretzels 1 serv. 100
dinner: chicken and gravy, potatoes, asp. and carrots with a little bit of peasant bread- 475?
2 strawberries with cool whip- 35
1 bowl HNC and light soy milk- 170
2090 total
worked today so that was my exercise. and did ball work, not finished, my stomach muscles were tired.

--------------------

#164344 - 03/26/05 08:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (84)

Lunch: tuna-veggie pasta salad (364), 3 cinnamon altoids to lose the tuna breath! (10) lol

PM Snacks: luna bar (180), 2 tea biscuits (32)

Dinner: turkey ham, herbed baked potatoes (291) yum

Dessert/Late Snacks: Norwegian Apple Pan Pie w/o the nuts (125) gotta try this one too! , UFO (170), ff saltines (120)

Drinks: 3 cups teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (30), 3 glasses water = 60oz

Food & drinks total: 1682

Activity:
45 min hatha yoga -110 GREAT

It's funny, I find myself eating less on days that I get exercise... presumably because I'm keeping myself busy and therefore not snacking out of boredom. More incentive to keep at it! YES

I'm having to cut down my Teeccino intake, not because it's causing me problems, but because it's so darn expensive and I can't afford to keep drinking a pot a day like I have been. So now an additional thing for me to work on is getting enough to drink, because water is still difficult for me - I like drinks that taste like something.

--------------------

#164345 - 03/26/05 08:22 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi - another day...another chance your so right!

B - UFO with UFO beverege, SFS (264)
Activity - walk on treadmill for an hour (131 according to FitDay) great
S - Nutz over Chocolate Luna Bar (hungry today)(180)
S - Grapefruit (74)
L - Sandwich made with two slices of Toasting Bread, 2 ounces of Mesquite grilled turkey breast, and one slice of swiss *****, mustard potato salad, sfs, salmon oil capsules (563)
S - Brown Rice cake (70)
D - Greek *****, Lean Cuisine Salmon with basil, SFS, Vitamins(Complete life RX) (435)

BMR = 2166-131 = 2035
2035-500 = 1535 food budget. Went over by 51 calories!!!!! NO BIGGY...really...

Find of the day: I know it is classified as a UFO, but my local Albertsons now carries Stoneyfield Farm Lite Smoothies. The original version uses LF milk and is 250 cal. The lite version is with NF milk and is 130 calories. They were on sale too! hey, if it works for you....go for it!

Take care,
Karen

--------------------

#164346 - 03/26/05 08:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey! Today is my first day of tracking what I eat here so I hope it helps me know what I can and cannot eat! WELCOME!!
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Cereal I think that is fine...anyone? w/soymilk and 1 banana
Snack: Honeycomb cereal and 1 grahamcracker
Lunch: Veggie lentil soup with Fruit and Bread
Snack: Jellybeans and carrots and a bit of rice cheese
Dinner: Pasta, chicken, and greenbeans
Wow I ate alot today! I think excersize makes me hungrier. I ran for 45 minutes doing intervals of 4 1200's and a lap of jogging in between + stretching. I don't count calories so I don't know how many I ate today...probably more then I should have...hehehe. depends on the portions you ate.... you might have done just fine...

--------------------

#164347 - 03/26/05 08:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ugg, moderate day. Didn't get out of bed until noon, still feeling the effects of yesterday's disaster.

12noon:
Banana Oatmeal (120 calories)

3pm:
Grilled Tortilla (with the non stick spray) (120 calories)
¼ cup Pizza Sauce (35 calories)
2 Tbsp Veggie Parmesan (15 calories) great

6pm:
Flour Tortilla (120 calories)
Half a can of tuna (30 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)

9pm:
Banana Mocha Mousse (FF SF Jello Instant Banana Pudding, SF Decaf Mocha mix, Soy Milk and Cool Whip Free) (100 calories)
Lil' Dreamers Soy Ice Cream Bars (100 calories)

Total Calories--695

Btw--I'm still trying to get stable, and I'm really trying to eat safely (sans yesterday's "adventure") so if anything I'm eating from this point forward is a red flag trigger food, or even a "might want to be careful about that" food, please let me know. I'm not too sure about the "Banana Mocha Mousse (FF SF Jello Instant Banana Pudding, SF Decaf Mocha mix, Soy Milk and Cool Whip Free) " you should really check the ingrediants...but also, if it does not bother you... then don't worry about it...

Thanks so much!

--------------------

#164348 - 03/26/05 08:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Not too bad on the food front, although chocolate biscuits may have been involved. LOL Did two 45 mins fast walks with the dog and 1 hour 30 mins of Yoga class. great

Tomorrow I'm digging my huge veggie patch, so that should burn a few hundred calories! fun....

--------------------

#164349 - 03/26/05 08:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well, after such good news yesterday, I did not do so hot today. And it looks like this could be a tough weekend ahead . . . I am moving back home on Saturday - high stress levels plus my mom keeps foods in the house that I don't allow myself to buy b/c if they're there I will eat them. Good luck sweetie....keep us posted Plus Easter (Casey, I hear ya about those evil jelly beans - BE STRONG!!) always lots of food and candy. Thank goodness I have encouragement from y'all!

breakfast - 2/3 serving cream of wheat made w/soy milk, OJ w/fiber, mint tea (252)
snack - baby carrots (46), UFO beverage (155)
lunch - sliced apple and PB wrapped in a flour tortilla (2 for a total of 427)
snack - pita chips and hummus (417)
dinner - Soy milk, few bites of leftover chicken, homemade sweet potato fries (roasted w/Pam and spices) baked chips&salsa (should not have had that last part) (420)
dessert - UFO naughty Easter treat (215) hehehe

Excercise - 20 min pilates tape - maybe burned 100 cal IF I'm lucky. better then nothing...

So my total food calories were WAY high today - 1833!!! I ate that extra snack since we are all talking about eating MORE to weigh LESS, and how many small meals help. I don't think that was the problem; it was the chips&salsa that made me feel too full, then I managed to still eat dessert! I find I have dessert more often when I am MORE full after dinner - WEIRD. I understand that too...strange how that happens Oh, well. Today is a new day and so far so good.

--------------------

#164350 - 03/26/05 08:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well I did it today, I armed myself with lots of food and took my breaks at work , when 5 o'clock came I felt great. I was actually hyper and excited lol. GREAT!!

Breakfast: RKT, water
Lunch: turkey sandwhich on white bread, applesauce cup and fruit snacks, water
Snacks: applesauce cup, arrowroot animal crackers, water
Snacks: going overboard with the applesauce today but another applesauce cup lol
Dinner: here is where it gets bad: one quarter of a huge a hawaiin panzerotti, we went out to eat and it was a treat for me and....more......water
Snack: rice pudding

Excercise: worked all day and it was crazy busy so I burned around 676 calories there eeekkk... what COULD you have done different here at this restaurant?
Walked downtown to and from the restaurant to come back to a parking ticket (bf put the display ticket on the dash upside down, as if they couldn't tell what it was anyway?)

So according to fitday I ate 2153 calories
calorie level to maintain my current weight 2309
my level to lose weight is 1809

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review