Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: I love what you are doing new
      #164086 - 03/25/05 03:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Shell, I really like that you are posting links to what you are eating for dinner and that you have figured out the calories for us!!!! I absolutely hate to have to figure out whole recipes and now you've made it much easier for us. Just wanted you to know that it is very much appreciated.
Cindy

AAwwww....thanks!! I'm happy to help you all where ever I can!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Elizabeth - on protein new
      #164168 - 03/25/05 07:48 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Quote:

Homemade Chocolate Tofu Protein Pudding (I'll post a recipe later)

Ooooh can't wait, that sounds good!

I must say, I'm envious of the amount of protein you get in daily. I'm usually around 100g but I'd like to be getting a bit more. Do you use a protein powder? (soy or rice or something? I'm *guessing* that that's an ingredient in the tofu pudding...) Any brand recommendations? I haven't had much luck with those in the past... thanks!

Re: Thanks Shell! new
      #164329 - 03/26/05 06:49 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I was able to find it thanks to you! oh good! You're hte BEST! *hugs*

How are you doing today? I think I was busy....LOL being that I'm still 3 days behind on posts!! I hope super!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/23/05 new
      #164331 - 03/26/05 06:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: same
snack: same
lunch: leftover risotto and a little bread- got gassy afterwards- from either the cheese or the walnuts or the heaviness of the risotto- I normally don't cheat and this was still low in fat- I probably ate 2t. blue cheese and 2 walnuts- ok done.
lunch dessert: orange
dinner: chicken with gravy, potatoes- sliced and baked, asparagus, 1 piece of bread
dessert: tiny bit of banana sorbet

your meals all sound yummy... maybe I would skip the cheese...no need for help with gas here...LOL

Exercise: treadmilled 35 min early morning and ball work. Ran around house instead of walking. burned 300 exercising? great
consumed cals: 1705.

--------------------

#164332 - 03/26/05 06:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi,
Here we go again...I lead a very boring life during the week...pretty much eat the same things (so does DH btw) hey, if it ain't broke!

B - UFO, UFO beverage, sfs
S - Grapefruit (not as hungry today)
L- Turkey (Mesquite grilled - hey this is Texas) w/slice swiss ***** on WalMart "Toasting Bread" (Nice thin slices - yummy!), 1/2 cup potato salad, sfs
S - Dulce de Leche Luna bar (I just ordered two cases of these from Amazon.com - only 10.36!) did you have to pay freight also? whole foods has them for $12.99/cs if you have one near you
D - Greek ***** (I got him to *wave* the feta over mine this time) lol with lite sundried tomato vinagarette, Lean Cuisine Pork with cherry sauce, SFS

Grand total for the day:
Food = 1347 (waving the feta helped here!)
BMR = 2166 - 131 for treadmill (1hour) = 2035 great
2035-1347 = 688

Still hungry, though! I am trying to drink more water = I have drunk 4 16oz glasses plus 1/2 liter while walking (not sure if I can count that because I sweat it out) yes . I also had two cups of hot UFO beverage (that is in addition to my Lasix - I am surprised I do not dry up an blow away sometimes!)
After this morning, I am doing better emotionally. good DH is getting job offers every place but where we are living. Might even end up back in California where is were we started from! At least I can see my mom more often! that would be nice I put my bunny cage up for sale on e-bay. I hope someone buys it. If not I will probably donate it to the local animal shelter. let us know that happens

See ya tomorrow!
Karen

--------------------

#164333 - 03/26/05 06:58 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: bread w/ jam (225)

AM Snack: dry crispix cereal (160)

Lunch: bowl of rice w/ vanilla soymilk and a little sugar (305) little splash of cinnamon UUmm....{{licking my lips}}

PM Snacks: more crispix (160), panda licorice bar (110)

Dinner: progresso chicken noodle soup (200), half pita (80)

Late Snacks: jello (90), toast w/ jam (155), tea biscuits (80)

Drinks: 1 mug teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (20), huge mug tea w/ tsp sugar (17), 2 glasses water = 65oz

Food & drinks total: 1634

I think yesterday's walking was a bit too much for me. Walking is usually fine for me, but I really pushed myself and walked FAST, and today I ended up having D from 4am till midafternoon. That stunk. in more then one way I'm sure!! LOL sorry, could not help myself...we've all been there...hehehe Plus my legs were stiff as boards and I have a blister on my toe. Oh no...Ben Gay is a wonderful thing!! I won't be pushing myself quite that hard in the future.

--------------------

Re: Sinead's shameful report for 23rd March new
      #164334 - 03/26/05 07:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: Homemade smoothie with strawberry, banana and soy milk yum

Coffee Break: sliced of brown soda bread toasted with scraping of flora and scraping of marmalade

Lunch: Baked potato with tuna, mayo, corn and salad with cucumber and beetroot tuna on a potato? never heard of it... interesting...

Afternoon snack: Mini cornflake bite from M&S

SO FAR, SO GOOD, THEN IT ALL WENT RAPIDLY DOWNHILL…..

BEFORE Dinner snacks: 4 brownie cookies, NOT SAFE and a whopping 356 calories (Comfort eating due to visit from MIL2B)

Dinner: I ordered in Chinese. King Prawns with chilies and cashew nuts and boiled rice, I drained the sauce off it but my conservative estimate is that it was about 1012 calories including the rice oh well...make up for it an the gym on 3/24...

Dessert Where could I have fitted dessert after all those cookies and the chinese?

Water: 70oz (barely)

Activites: Zip, was a bit achey and tired after my spin class still so gave myself a night off the gym.

Total Calories consumed: 2159

BMR 2320 plus 0 activities= 2320 -500(weight loss)= budget of 1820.
I consumed 2159 so I am over budget by 339 that's not too bad for a cheat night.... you know how to fix it... you've got one pound left to go right??

PLEASE SCOLD ME {{SPANK SPANK}}

--------------------

Re: ReA Good report (for the most part) new
      #164335 - 03/26/05 07:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

As for food, I confess. I blew it today. Popcorn, bagels and UFO's, chocolate, you name it, I ate it. But that's OK.
I had a talk with my WW leader last night. I'm down half a pound. WWOOOHHHOOO She reminded me that the scale is only part of the story. I mentioned my frustrations at not losing and she said that I'm doing everything right. I'm exercising, lifting weights, drinking lots of water, eating a healthy diet, and it will come off eventually. She reminded me that I'm likely building muscle and that's why the scale isn't budging.
So I'm going to try to be patient. This is going to take some time, but I'm doing it right. So next time I start whining about not losing, kick my @$$! LOL....we are all in this together....I'll kick yours if you kick mine!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/23/05 LOST WEIGHT! new
      #164336 - 03/26/05 07:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi everyone! I am very excited b/c I had my "moment of truth" with the scale last night and I have lost an additional 2.25 lbs!! For a total of 3.25 lbs - down to 136.5. YAY!! WWWOOOHHOOOO HAPPY DANCE!!

I am sending a scolding out to Sinead (even though you really weren't too bad as Casey said - I would have still eaten dessert!) I would have too...if I'd cheated I would have cheated good!! LOL

breakfast - 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk, raisins, OJ/fiber, mint tea (291)
snack - Green grapes (114) UFO beverage (155)
lunch - turkey sandwich, same as yesterday (234)
dinner - chicken fajitas (2 of them) w/salsa, cilantro, and UFO toppings (602)
dessert - NONE! Even tho there is a Cadbury cream egg burning a hole in my drawer! good girl... IF you eat it....will someone split it with you?

Excercise - 20 min walking, 10 min on elliptical, crunches and ball excercises. Supposedly burning ~160 cals.

Total calories from food - 1494-160=1334 which seems to be working for me. I'm going to try to have an extra snack in the afternoon today - I don't like to do that on days where I do cardio after work cuz eating/drinking too much pre-workout gives me side stiches.

--------------------

#164338 - 03/26/05 07:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ maple syrup, dried fruit & rice milk
I didn't get a snack in, instead I just ate my lunch early
Lunch - PB&J and potato chips
Snack - the rest of my chips, jar of Blueberry Buckle baby food
Snack - graham crackers, jar of Fruit Medley baby food
Snack - 2 fruit cups, a couple saltines
Dinner - Casey's Crockpot Potato Chowder I still have to try this one....
Snack - more chowder, grapes
Water - just made it to 64oz I think
I'm having a terrible time remembering everything I ate, but I'm sure there's more snacks than what I posted... I tried to keep some food in my stomach all day.
Feeling rather yucky all day, so once again, no excercise . You still did fine sweetie.... you will get back to the exercise when your feeling better.... just be good to you and the little one!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28975

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review