All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/22/05
      #162787 - 03/21/05 05:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/22 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #162796 - 03/21/05 06:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Shell I wasn't sure what to do today when I wanted to post so early. I was so excited about losing my pound that I couldn't wait. I was like 'where is that post for 3/21?'

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#162925 - 03/22/05 07:00 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

LOL...sorry about that....CONGRATS by the way!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #163107 - 03/22/05 05:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

BMR 1793 + exercise (1 hr walking) 224 = 2017 - 500 = 1517 food budget

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (92)

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

PM Snacks: Luna bar (180), 1 large gumdrop (45), slice of bread w/ margarine (97)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce, baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Dessert: orange jello (90)

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz

Food & drinks total: 1510
Fruits & veggies: 6

Well, it's official... I've gained 5lbs. I'm really upset & kinda depressed about this. I'm just barely fitting in my biggest pair of jeans. Gah! I don't even know if I'm doing this BMR thing right now. I have to admit that I haven't been very diligent about reporting the BLT's, as they were called in here a few days ago, and I'm sure all those little bits of candy and whatnot added up. But I'm looking at a food budget of 1517 and thinking, how am I going to lose weight eating that much?

I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know.

By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!)

#163109 - 03/22/05 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

Wow you changed it up.

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

PM Snacks: Luna bar (180), 1 large gumdrop (45), slice of bread w/ margarine (97)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce, baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz

Well, it's official... I've gained 5lbs. I'm really upset & kinda depressed about this. I'm just barely fitting in my biggest pair of jeans. Gah! I don't even know if I'm doing this BMR thing right now. I have to admit that I haven't been very diligent about reporting the BLT's, as they were called in here a few days ago, and I'm sure all those little bits of candy and whatnot added up. But I'm looking at a food budget of 1517 and thinking, how am I going to lose weight eating that much?
Maybe your weight will be quite different after 'that time'. I suppose you could be holding water. Keep up hope!
I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know.
I always thought you would be taller. I am also 5'2" but I am 31.
By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) Nope, my hub is pretty large. At least I look small with him. At our wedding people joked that we looked like Beauty and the Beast.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#163113 - 03/22/05 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

B: same as always- 435 cals
snacks: luna and banana- 280
lunch: banana, sweet potato and orange- 370
then I had a nap which was a bad idea as I now have bloating again after a few days without. And it is bad. I am home with it tonight.
snack: some baked tortilla chips and pistachios- 200
dinner: feel pretty sick! had 4 slim pieces Italian Peasant bread toast and honey- 225
total 1510
exercise: 50 minutes treadmill and weights no ball work yet. 350 cals or so.
Water: not so much but lots of tea this evening.
I am taking the night off of editing and I am watching Shrek 2. I am always behind on movies since taking on the project of writing a novel. Very lame and uncool.

--------------------

#163114 - 03/22/05 05:29 PM
atomic rose

Quote:

Quote:

Wow you changed it up. Haha, yeah, you caught me. Actually, I've been doing the banana instead of peaches for a few days now.

Maybe your weight will be quite different after 'that time'. I suppose you could be holding water. Keep up hope! Good point... I really didn't think of that. It's funny how I never used to have problems like retaining water, but the older I get, all these dumb things start happening to me. We'll see in a week, I guess.
I always thought you would be taller. I am also 5'2" but I am 31. Too funny! Actually, I have lousy posture, so 5'2" might even be pushing it a little. LOL
By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) Nope, my hub is pretty large. At least I look small with him. At our wedding people joked that we looked like Beauty and the Beast. Well, Adam's not a small guy either, but his weight is constant, know what I mean? If I sat down and ate a bag of brownies or chips (pretend for a minute that I don't have IBS, hah!), and did it often, I'd gain weight. He doesn't have to count calories, and he's always the same size. Not fair!

#163115 - 03/22/05 05:31 PM
atomic rose

Bummer! Hope you feel better quickly!

I haven't seen Shrek 2 yet either, but if it's anything like the 1st one, I'm sure it's great.

#163119 - 03/22/05 06:01 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

OK - I posted yesterday and it disappeared on me! I must have not clicked continue

Here we go:

B - Usual - UFO beverage/UFO food, SFS
Activity - Walk on treadmill for an hour
S - Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (I finally found where my grocery store was "hiding" these!)
S2 - Grapefruit
L - Sandwich made with Two slices of Mesquite Grilled turkey and a slice of Swiss *****, Potato salad - 1/2 cup, SFS
S - Brown rice cake - unsalted
D - Lean Cuisine Lemon Chicken, DH made me a Greek ***** with low fat vinagarette dressing, SFS

BMR = 2166
Activity = 131
Food Total = 1569

2166 - 131 = 2035
2035 - 1569 = 466

Better than yesterday. I was VERY hungry yesterday. Much better today. I am still sad over my bunny. I am going to sell his cage and carrier on E-Bay. I have no plans to get another rabbit. The carrier is too small for Leo and Oreo.

Take care,

Karen

mine (so far) new
      #163124 - 03/22/05 06:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

went back to work today.

cereal, rice milk, acacia
luna bar
leftover chicken/potato for lunch (with safe bbq
2 adb muffins for snacks
more leftover chicken and potato for dinner (with safe bbq sauce)

another adb with acacia baked into it.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23797

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review