All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/22/05
      #162787 - 03/21/05 05:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/22 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #162796 - 03/21/05 06:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Shell I wasn't sure what to do today when I wanted to post so early. I was so excited about losing my pound that I couldn't wait. I was like 'where is that post for 3/21?'

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#162925 - 03/22/05 07:00 AM
Shell Marr

LOL...sorry about that....CONGRATS by the way!!

--------------------

REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #163107 - 03/22/05 05:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

BMR 1793 + exercise (1 hr walking) 224 = 2017 - 500 = 1517 food budget

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (92)

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

PM Snacks: Luna bar (180), 1 large gumdrop (45), slice of bread w/ margarine (97)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce, baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Dessert: orange jello (90)

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz

Food & drinks total: 1510
Fruits & veggies: 6

Well, it's official... I've gained 5lbs. I'm really upset & kinda depressed about this. I'm just barely fitting in my biggest pair of jeans. Gah! I don't even know if I'm doing this BMR thing right now. I have to admit that I haven't been very diligent about reporting the BLT's, as they were called in here a few days ago, and I'm sure all those little bits of candy and whatnot added up. But I'm looking at a food budget of 1517 and thinking, how am I going to lose weight eating that much?

I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know.

By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!)

#163109 - 03/22/05 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

Wow you changed it up.

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

PM Snacks: Luna bar (180), 1 large gumdrop (45), slice of bread w/ margarine (97)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce, baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz

Well, it's official... I've gained 5lbs. I'm really upset & kinda depressed about this. I'm just barely fitting in my biggest pair of jeans. Gah! I don't even know if I'm doing this BMR thing right now. I have to admit that I haven't been very diligent about reporting the BLT's, as they were called in here a few days ago, and I'm sure all those little bits of candy and whatnot added up. But I'm looking at a food budget of 1517 and thinking, how am I going to lose weight eating that much?
Maybe your weight will be quite different after 'that time'. I suppose you could be holding water. Keep up hope!
I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know.
I always thought you would be taller. I am also 5'2" but I am 31.
By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) Nope, my hub is pretty large. At least I look small with him. At our wedding people joked that we looked like Beauty and the Beast.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#163113 - 03/22/05 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

B: same as always- 435 cals
snacks: luna and banana- 280
lunch: banana, sweet potato and orange- 370
then I had a nap which was a bad idea as I now have bloating again after a few days without. And it is bad. I am home with it tonight.
snack: some baked tortilla chips and pistachios- 200
dinner: feel pretty sick! had 4 slim pieces Italian Peasant bread toast and honey- 225
total 1510
exercise: 50 minutes treadmill and weights no ball work yet. 350 cals or so.
Water: not so much but lots of tea this evening.
I am taking the night off of editing and I am watching Shrek 2. I am always behind on movies since taking on the project of writing a novel. Very lame and uncool.

--------------------

#163114 - 03/22/05 05:29 PM
atomic rose

Quote:

Quote:

Wow you changed it up. Haha, yeah, you caught me. Actually, I've been doing the banana instead of peaches for a few days now.

Maybe your weight will be quite different after 'that time'. I suppose you could be holding water. Keep up hope! Good point... I really didn't think of that. It's funny how I never used to have problems like retaining water, but the older I get, all these dumb things start happening to me. We'll see in a week, I guess.
I always thought you would be taller. I am also 5'2" but I am 31. Too funny! Actually, I have lousy posture, so 5'2" might even be pushing it a little. LOL
By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) Nope, my hub is pretty large. At least I look small with him. At our wedding people joked that we looked like Beauty and the Beast. Well, Adam's not a small guy either, but his weight is constant, know what I mean? If I sat down and ate a bag of brownies or chips (pretend for a minute that I don't have IBS, hah!), and did it often, I'd gain weight. He doesn't have to count calories, and he's always the same size. Not fair!

#163115 - 03/22/05 05:31 PM
atomic rose

Bummer! Hope you feel better quickly!

I haven't seen Shrek 2 yet either, but if it's anything like the 1st one, I'm sure it's great.

#163119 - 03/22/05 06:01 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

OK - I posted yesterday and it disappeared on me! I must have not clicked continue

Here we go:

B - Usual - UFO beverage/UFO food, SFS
Activity - Walk on treadmill for an hour
S - Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (I finally found where my grocery store was "hiding" these!)
S2 - Grapefruit
L - Sandwich made with Two slices of Mesquite Grilled turkey and a slice of Swiss *****, Potato salad - 1/2 cup, SFS
S - Brown rice cake - unsalted
D - Lean Cuisine Lemon Chicken, DH made me a Greek ***** with low fat vinagarette dressing, SFS

BMR = 2166
Activity = 131
Food Total = 1569

2166 - 131 = 2035
2035 - 1569 = 466

Better than yesterday. I was VERY hungry yesterday. Much better today. I am still sad over my bunny. I am going to sell his cage and carrier on E-Bay. I have no plans to get another rabbit. The carrier is too small for Leo and Oreo.

Take care,

Karen

mine (so far) new
      #163124 - 03/22/05 06:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

went back to work today.

cereal, rice milk, acacia
luna bar
leftover chicken/potato for lunch (with safe bbq
2 adb muffins for snacks
more leftover chicken and potato for dinner (with safe bbq sauce)

another adb with acacia baked into it.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Casey new
      #163154 - 03/22/05 09:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I would say an average of 1500 cals a day is probably good for you. You don't necessarily have to get all precise with it in calculating what exercise you did that day and then making yourself up a food budget (though some people prefer to do it that way) - you could just say 'everyday I should eat between 1400 and 1500 calories', going no lower than 1400 and no higher than 1500, and making sure you're getting some light exercise like walks throughout the week.

I'd second Minnie's comment that you're possibly retaining water. Weight can be so wonky sometimes. Also it's evident that you're already doing this but the key to fat loss is many small meals throughout the day - again, I know you already do this and that IBS-wise you probably don't let yourself get hungry or stuff your face at one sitting when you do - but that's a key to fat loss too, not only staying stable! (Another great thing about this diet!)

I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. See how you are next week I guess.

#163172 - 03/22/05 10:15 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

9am:
4oz Soy Milk (50 calories)
Half a banana (50 calories)
1tsp Peanut Butter (30 calories)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon, all blended to make smoothie
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)

12 noon:
1 can of tuna (60 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
2 Fortune Cookies (55 calories)

3pm:
Dulce de Leche Luna Bar—Wow…first time I found that flavor…excellent! (180 calories)

6pm:
4 Spinach Nuggets (190 calories)
1 Flour Tortilla (110 calories)
Deli turkey (45 calories)
2 Tbsp Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (50 calories)
2 ADB with Cool whip (277 calories)

9pm:
Soy Dream Lil' Dreamers Ice Cream Sandwich (100 calories)
10 Honey Roasted Cashews, ground up (60 calories)
Decaf Mocha with Cool Whip (60 calories)
(I know that's probably not ok…but I had been doing calculus all day and was majorly stressed…any suggestions for an alternative?)

Water—moderate, only 108 oz so far

1825 BMR - 500 for weight loss= 1325 Food Budget
No real exercise today, spring break and the gym is still closed.

Grand Total . . . . . .1352, 27 calories over
Must have been that late-night stress snacking...hopefully tomorrow will be better
And...I'm going shopping! Although will be my first encounter with "the food court" since IBS.... hmmm...any suggestions?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#163177 - 03/22/05 10:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

breakfast= tons of french bread (farewell to wheat) and some spelt bread (farewell to gluten)

snakcs= about 6 oz. hazelnut milk and 1 oz. puffed millet, 1 soy yogurts, 1 banana, one handfull of corn pasta with some tomato sauce (plain tomato sauce...no sugar added...with fresh basil, oregano, pressed garlic, and a bit of olive oil). 1 red anjou pear. 3 strawberries.

Dinner=some french fries (didn't measure...ate until I felt satisfied and left the rest for hubby), less than .5 cup quinoa with a spoonfull of tomato sauce and a slice of avacado.

Bedtime snack= half a plain soy ypgurt and about 6oz. tomato basil soup. And a banana (I'm starving...I MUST get to bed earlier so I don't eat so much at bedtime)

Exercise: Lugged my cart with a 20lb bag of dog food around WalMart, cooked, cleaned house. Not much...today was rest day. Tom. is weights (yippee) and soem aerobics.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Now I feel like a complete dork... new
      #163187 - 03/23/05 01:24 AM
atomic rose

AF started late last night, so for giggles I hopped on the scale when I woke up this morning, and sure enough - I'm 127, not 130. So I was apparently holding water or something and I did all that fussing for nothing. Sorry about that, guys! I should have known better... like I said, I don't eat THAT much, I should have figured it wasn't actual gain when the scale suddenly jumped 5lbs. Duh.

I still need to be more diligent about paying attention to what I eat, though. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized those stupid gumdrops are 45 cals apiece. I don't usually stop at 1, and I don't always report those, either. Just an example.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance.

My report new
      #163207 - 03/23/05 04:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy choc milk

Lunch: Went a bit haywire- had vegetable thai green curry (loaded with coconut milk) and rice in the work catneen. Really, really yummy but more than I ought to have eaten for lunch.

Dinner: Prawns, Peppers, mushrooms and pasta and "wet" with a tablespoon of extra light mayo. It was very yummy!

Dessert 4 mint chocolate viscount biscuits (they are nearly all gone now)

Water: 70oz

Activites: I did a spin class at the gym, it was difficult but I really worked hard and felt great after it! Calories burned: 369

Total Calories consumed: 1870

BMR 2320 plus 369 activities= 2689 -500(weight loss)= budget of 2189.

I consumed 1870 so I am under budget by 319

--------------------
S.

#163242 - 03/23/05 06:38 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

1 cup strawberries - 1 point
coffee and creamer - 1 point
toast and peanut butter - 2 points
turkey sandwich - 4 points
UFO - 12 points
Bagel and UFO - 11 points
Total points - 31 (Target 22) 9 FLEX POINTS used.
30 minutes of cardio plus weight training - 3 points earned.
Keeping up with my goal of the week: cardio plus weight training every day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#163265 - 03/23/05 07:58 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ dried fruit (I cooked it with it), maple syrup and rice milk
Snack - pretzels & 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch - pasta w/ soy butter & salt, chicken pieces, green salad w/ light vinegarette dressing
Snack - pretzels
Snack - crunchy peanut butter Cliff bar
Snack - more pretzels
Dinner - spaghetti sauce over angel hair pasta
Snack - popcorn
Water - about 64oz
No excercise today again... my morning sickness is gradually getting worse and earlier everyday. Not only that, now I'm constantly hungry, and food is tasting weird to me so it's really hard to find something I'm in the mood for to eat. On a positive note... today marks my 6th week .

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: about morning sickness... new
      #163271 - 03/23/05 08:18 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Have you tried keeping some soda crackers by your bed? Eat a few before you even sit up. I found that helpful. I munched on soda crackers all morning and it did make a difference. Have you tried drinking some tea to help? Peppermint worked for me as well, as well as ginger for the nausea. There's also a med for morning sickness that's called Diclectin. It's an antihistamine with B12 that also is helpful. HAng in there, Mommy to be! The morning sickness will be over before you know it. Are you feeling tired? I was exhausted those first few weeks.

--------------------

#163289 - 03/23/05 08:47 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello all! Yesterday I did very good. I still don't completely trust fitday, since I have not taken the time to input all my "custom foods" and rely on their calorie/fat/carb counts which don't always seem accurate.

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice ww toast w/PB, 1 c. soy milk w/fiber (296)
Snack - banana, UFO beverage (247)
Lunch - Turkey on ww w/spinach and spicey mustard (234)
Snack - PB (naughty!)
Dinner - broiled tilapia fillet w/lemon pepper seasoning and UFO sauce (YUM), couscous (509)
Snack - green grapes (114)

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class. Pilates is not an "activity" on fitday - anyone have any idea how many cals it might burn???

water - 80ish oz

TOTAL FOOD CALORIES - 1498. So if I burned say 100 cal doing pilates I am almost in my 1 lb/wk weight-loss range. Pretty good, I'd say! Especially since my only added sugar was in the coffee and PB.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 (I'm getting a personal trainer) new
      #163298 - 03/23/05 09:02 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 869 calories (12 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1982 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*I will start sessions with Personal Trainer (Heather) starting April 9th for 10 sessions ....she has promised to kick my @$$!! This is the same Heather that is the Instructor on my Tues. night Power Sculpt class...and we get along great!!

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Lunch : 287 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 410 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Cheerios DRY, Mini Box Golden Grahams DRY (those do have a little dairy but I'm ok with them) & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 770 calories UFO's, Mashed Potatos & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1912.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96 oz

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1912.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#163348 - 03/23/05 10:59 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Hi Alicia!

Thanks for the wonderful advice!! I do keep graham crackers by my bed and snack on those in the morning before getting up... I'm just really struggling with keeping my belly at a happy-medium. I'm constantly snacking but I still feel hungry all the time. I just bought a whole bunch of fresh fruit, fruit cups and baby food at the store since that's kind of what I've been in the mood for lately, so we'll see how it goes.

Exhaustion was one of my first symptoms, but lately I've been coming out of my naps with a yucky tummy, so I've been hesitant to keep doing them. Thankfully I'm not working so I have that in my favor and I can just lounge around if I need to.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Shell: I'm getting a personal trainer new
      #163357 - 03/23/05 11:34 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had a personal trainer for awhile and she kicked my butt. She was such a great motivator. Unfortunately, a little too expensive so I took what she taught me and use it on my own now. It was very helpful to get on a routine and learn how to properly use the equipment. My other problem when I had her was the problem I have now. I would go straight from work and starving and would completely exhaust myself and upset my tummy. MORE CALORIES, more food for me, let's hope I get better with this
Good luck I am sure you will love it, and will feel so great

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#163359 - 03/23/05 11:38 AM
Sparky

Quote:

My BMR = 2385 + I burned 869 calories (12 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1982 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*I will start sessions with Personal Trainer (Heather) starting April 9th for 10 sessions ....she has promised to kick my @$$!! This is the same Heather that is the Instructor on my Tues. night Power Sculpt class...and we get along great!!

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Shell, have you tried the mint tea w/o sugar? You KNOW I am a huge sugar fan and I used to put at least two packs in my tea but I don't use any now and it still has a bit of a sweet taste (to me). Maybe try just decreasing one teaspoon at a time? I realize I am the pot calling the kettle black here since I can't give up my (WARNING: UFO ALERT) coffee w/cream and sugar!

Lunch : 287 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 410 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Cheerios DRY, Mini Box Golden Grahams DRY (those do have a little dairy but I'm ok with them) & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1912.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Shell: I'm getting a personal trainer new
      #163360 - 03/23/05 11:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had a personal trainer for awhile and she kicked my butt. She was such a great motivator. Unfortunately, a little too expensive so I took what she taught me and use it on my own now. It was very helpful to get on a routine and learn how to properly use the equipment. Yes, she is NOT cheap.... but she told me that she will teach me EVERYTHING I will need to know to do it on my own by the time she is done with me.... she is one of those that wants to TEACH and move on to the next "newer" person to get them going.... I think that is great...other trainers just wanna keep ya around to make more money off of ya... the only reason I'm getting her is because I think I have done as much as I can on my own and really need to start playing with the "Big Boys" and she is gonna teach me HOW to do this..... My other problem when I had her was the problem I have now. I would go straight from work and starving and would completely exhaust myself and upset my tummy. MORE CALORIES, more food for me, let's hope I get better with this
This is what I had.... but did not always.. and it is great cuz you don't need a blender... I just have a two little funnels one for the milk and one for the powder, I just use the bottle that I refill and drink out of all day... put it in there and shake it really good...then throw the bottle away when done....then I grab a fresh bottle for the gym and the balance of the evening...

Good luck I am sure you will love it, and will feel so great Thanks...oh, yeah...it will HURT SO GOOD!!

--------------------

#163361 - 03/23/05 11:49 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Shell, have you tried the mint tea w/o sugar? You KNOW I am a huge sugar fan and I used to put at least two packs in my tea but I don't use any now and it still has a bit of a sweet taste (to me). Maybe try just decreasing one teaspoon at a time? I realize I am the pot calling the kettle black here since I can't give up my (WARNING: UFO ALERT) coffee w/cream and sugar!

Yes, I will try that.... I don't drink it very often...but when I do... SUGAR just calls me... I will try to add just one or two and then add to it IF needed!!

--------------------

Re: LOL! Sugar calls to me all the time, too!! new
      #163364 - 03/23/05 11:52 AM
Sparky

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#163380 - 03/23/05 12:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I remember I felt worse if my stomach was empty. Try to keep something in your stomach all the time. When it got empty, I felt worse, didn't feel like eating which made it worse - it was a vicious cycle. Glad the fatigue isn't getting you down. I remember I dragged myself to work those days - it was awful.

--------------------

#163381 - 03/23/05 12:37 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Wow! That's great about the personal trainer! Hopefully you'll get lots of tips and info to help you along!

--------------------

#163405 - 03/23/05 02:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow! That's great about the personal trainer! Hopefully you'll get lots of tips and info to help you along! Yes, I can't wait.... I'm sooo excited!!

--------------------

#164317 - 03/26/05 06:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

BMR 1793 + exercise (1 hr walking) WOW that is wonderful!! 224 = 2017 - 500 = 1517 food budget

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) LOL & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce yum , baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Dessert: orange jello (90) you do ok with that? I have not tried it in a long time, I made a Jell-O fruit salad for Easter as requested by the family guess I'll give it a go...

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz good!

I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know. I've noticed that others replied to this already, seeing as I'm 4 days behind on posts...I'll come back to this one if needed after I read the rest of the thread.

By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? nope....he puts on the weight too when he eats crap all day...(like today) God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) I know the feeling...that was me last week

--------------------

#164318 - 03/26/05 06:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: same as always- 435 cals
snacks: luna and banana- 280
lunch: banana, sweet potato and orange- 370
then I had a nap which was a bad idea as I now have bloating again after a few days without. And it is bad. I am home with it tonight. sorry...sure hope your feeling better by now (3/26)
snack: some baked tortilla chips and pistachios- 200
dinner: feel pretty sick! sad had 4 slim pieces Italian Peasant bread toast and honey- 225
total 1510
exercise: 50 minutes treadmill and weights no ball work yet. 350 cals or so. great!
Water: not so much but lots of tea this evening.
I am taking the night off of editing and I am watching Shrek 2. I am always behind on movies since taking on the project of writing a novel. Very lame and uncool. enjoy!!

--------------------

#164319 - 03/26/05 06:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

OK - I posted yesterday and it disappeared on me! I must have not clicked continue well, that just SUCKS!! lol

Here we go:

B - Usual - UFO beverage/UFO food, SFS
Activity - Walk on treadmill for an hour great
S - Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (I finally found where my grocery store was "hiding" these!) in the cereal isle? or the diet foods (sugar free & slim fast stuff) isle? LOL
S2 - Grapefruit
L - Sandwich made with Two slices of Mesquite Grilled turkey yum and a slice of Swiss *****, Potato salad - 1/2 cup, SFS
S - Brown rice cake - unsalted
D - Lean Cuisine Lemon Chicken, DH made me a Greek ***** with low fat vinagarette dressing, SFS

BMR = 2166
Activity = 131
Food Total = 1569

2166 - 131 = 2035
2035 - 1569 = 466

Better than yesterday. I was VERY hungry yesterday. Much better today. I am still sad over my bunny. I'm so sorry Karen...I'm sure this holiday is not making it any easier on ya {{hugs}} I am going to sell his cage and carrier on E-Bay. I have no plans to get another rabbit. The carrier is too small for Leo and Oreo.

Take care,

Karen

--------------------

Re: mine (so far) new
      #164320 - 03/26/05 06:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

went back to work today.

cereal, rice milk, acacia
luna bar
leftover chicken/potato for lunch (with safe bbq
2 adb muffins for snacks yum...I need to make more of these
more leftover chicken and potato for dinner (with safe bbq sauce)

another adb with acacia baked into it.

--------------------

#164321 - 03/26/05 06:37 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

9am:
4oz Soy Milk (50 calories)
Half a banana (50 calories)
1tsp Peanut Butter (30 calories)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon, all blended to make smoothie

12 noon:
1 can of tuna (60 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
2 Fortune Cookies (55 calories)

3pm:
Dulce de Leche Luna Bar—Wow…first time I found that flavor…excellent! (180 calories)

6pm:
4 Spinach Nuggets (190 calories) those sound good...what brand?
1 Flour Tortilla (110 calories)
Deli turkey (45 calories)
2 Tbsp Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (50 calories)
2 ADB with Cool whip (277 calories)

9pm:
Soy Dream Lil' Dreamers Ice Cream Sandwich (100 calories)
10 Honey Roasted Cashews, ground up (60 calories)
Decaf Mocha with Cool Whip (60 calories)
(I know that's probably not ok…but I had been doing calculus all day and was majorly stressed…any suggestions for an alternative?) ok, your forgiven THIS time! hopefully your tummy did too?!?!

ALL your meals look GREAT!!

Water—moderate, only 108 oz so far great

1825 BMR - 500 for weight loss= 1325 Food Budget
No real exercise today, spring break and the gym is still closed.

Grand Total . . . . . .1352, 27 calories over
Must have been that late-night stress snacking...hopefully tomorrow will be better it was the kool whip! LOL
And...I'm going shopping! Although will be my first encounter with "the food court" since IBS.... hmmm...any suggestions?

--------------------

#164322 - 03/26/05 06:38 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

breakfast= tons of french bread (farewell to wheat) and some spelt bread (farewell to gluten)

snakcs= about 6 oz. hazelnut milk and 1 oz. puffed millet, 1 soy yogurts, 1 banana, one handfull of corn pasta with some tomato sauce (plain tomato sauce...no sugar added...with fresh basil, oregano, pressed garlic, and a bit of olive oil). 1 red anjou pear. 3 strawberries. good

Dinner=some french fries (didn't measure...ate until I felt satisfied and left the rest for hubby), less than .5 cup quinoa with a spoonfull of tomato sauce and a slice of avacado. yum

Bedtime snack= half a plain soy ypgurt and about 6oz. tomato basil soup. And a banana (I'm starving...I MUST get to bed earlier so I don't eat so much at bedtime)

Exercise: Lugged my cart with a 20lb bag of dog food around WalMart, cooked, cleaned house. Not much...today was rest day. Tom. is weights (yippee) and soem aerobics. right on...good luck!!

--------------------

Re: Now I feel like a complete dork... new
      #164323 - 03/26/05 06:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

AF started late last night, so for giggles I hopped on the scale when I woke up this morning, and sure enough - I'm 127, not 130. So I was apparently holding water or something and I did all that fussing for nothing. Sorry about that, guys! LOL , but that is GOOD news!! I should have known better... like I said, I don't eat THAT much, I should have figured it wasn't actual gain when the scale suddenly jumped 5lbs. Duh.

I still need to be more diligent about paying attention to what I eat, though. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized those stupid gumdrops are 45 cals apiece. I don't usually stop at 1, and I don't always report those, either. Just an example. I know....just like my Altoids and smarties.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance.

--------------------

Re: My report new
      #164325 - 03/26/05 06:43 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy choc milk

Lunch: Went a bit haywire- had vegetable thai green curry (loaded with coconut milk) eeekkk and rice in the work catneen. Really, really yummy but more than I ought to have eaten for lunch.

Dinner: Prawns, Peppers, mushrooms and pasta and "wet" with a tablespoon of extra light mayo. It was very yummy! it sounds yummy too!

Dessert 4 mint chocolate viscount biscuits (they are nearly all gone now)

Water: 70oz

Activites: I did a spin class at the gym, it was difficult but I really worked hard and felt great after it! Calories burned: 369 YAH!! (I did one of those last night too 3/25, it is spin but called 24Cycle at my gym...my butt hurts today...LOL

Total Calories consumed: 1870

BMR 2320 plus 369 activities= 2689 -500(weight loss)= budget of 2189.

I consumed 1870 so I am under budget by 319

--------------------

#164326 - 03/26/05 06:45 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

1 cup strawberries - 1 point
coffee and creamer - 1 point
toast and peanut butter - 2 points
turkey sandwich - 4 points
UFO - 12 points
Bagel and UFO - 11 points
Total points - 31 (Target 22) 9 FLEX POINTS used. UFO's...did they get ya!?!?
30 minutes of cardio plus weight training - 3 points earned.
Keeping up with my goal of the week: cardio plus weight training every day. that is great!!

no more calorie counting? do what works best for YOU!

--------------------

#164328 - 03/26/05 06:47 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ dried fruit (I cooked it with it), maple syrup and rice milk great idea
Snack - pretzels & 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch - pasta w/ soy butter & salt, chicken pieces, green salad w/ light vinegarette dressing
Snack - pretzels
Snack - crunchy peanut butter Cliff bar I JUST tried one of those this morning (3/26)
Snack - more pretzels
Dinner - spaghetti sauce over angel hair pasta
Snack - popcorn
Water - about 64oz
No excercise today again... my morning sickness is gradually getting worse and earlier everyday. Not only that, now I'm constantly hungry, and food is tasting weird to me so it's really hard to find something I'm in the mood for to eat. On a positive note... today marks my 6th week . YEAH.... you will work things out... your body is adjusting....

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23797

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review