Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: about morning sickness... new
      #163348 - 03/23/05 10:59 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Alicia!

Thanks for the wonderful advice!! I do keep graham crackers by my bed and snack on those in the morning before getting up... I'm just really struggling with keeping my belly at a happy-medium. I'm constantly snacking but I still feel hungry all the time. I just bought a whole bunch of fresh fruit, fruit cups and baby food at the store since that's kind of what I've been in the mood for lately, so we'll see how it goes.

Exhaustion was one of my first symptoms, but lately I've been coming out of my naps with a yucky tummy, so I've been hesitant to keep doing them. Thankfully I'm not working so I have that in my favor and I can just lounge around if I need to.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shell: I'm getting a personal trainer new
      #163357 - 03/23/05 11:34 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had a personal trainer for awhile and she kicked my butt. She was such a great motivator. Unfortunately, a little too expensive so I took what she taught me and use it on my own now. It was very helpful to get on a routine and learn how to properly use the equipment. My other problem when I had her was the problem I have now. I would go straight from work and starving and would completely exhaust myself and upset my tummy. MORE CALORIES, more food for me, let's hope I get better with this
Good luck I am sure you will love it, and will feel so great

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 (I'm getting a personal trainer) new
      #163359 - 03/23/05 11:38 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Quote:

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 869 calories (12 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1982 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*I will start sessions with Personal Trainer (Heather) starting April 9th for 10 sessions ....she has promised to kick my @$$!! This is the same Heather that is the Instructor on my Tues. night Power Sculpt class...and we get along great!!

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Shell, have you tried the mint tea w/o sugar? You KNOW I am a huge sugar fan and I used to put at least two packs in my tea but I don't use any now and it still has a bit of a sweet taste (to me). Maybe try just decreasing one teaspoon at a time? I realize I am the pot calling the kettle black here since I can't give up my (WARNING: UFO ALERT) coffee w/cream and sugar!

Lunch : 287 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 410 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Cheerios DRY, Mini Box Golden Grahams DRY (those do have a little dairy but I'm ok with them) & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 770 calories UFO's, Mashed Potatos & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1912.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96 oz

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1912.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Shell: I'm getting a personal trainer new
      #163360 - 03/23/05 11:48 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I had a personal trainer for awhile and she kicked my butt. She was such a great motivator. Unfortunately, a little too expensive so I took what she taught me and use it on my own now. It was very helpful to get on a routine and learn how to properly use the equipment. Yes, she is NOT cheap.... but she told me that she will teach me EVERYTHING I will need to know to do it on my own by the time she is done with me.... she is one of those that wants to TEACH and move on to the next "newer" person to get them going.... I think that is great...other trainers just wanna keep ya around to make more money off of ya... the only reason I'm getting her is because I think I have done as much as I can on my own and really need to start playing with the "Big Boys" and she is gonna teach me HOW to do this..... My other problem when I had her was the problem I have now. I would go straight from work and starving and would completely exhaust myself and upset my tummy. MORE CALORIES, more food for me, let's hope I get better with this
This is what I had.... but did not always.. and it is great cuz you don't need a blender... I just have a two little funnels one for the milk and one for the powder, I just use the bottle that I refill and drink out of all day... put it in there and shake it really good...then throw the bottle away when done....then I grab a fresh bottle for the gym and the balance of the evening...

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

Good luck I am sure you will love it, and will feel so great Thanks...oh, yeah...it will HURT SO GOOD!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#163361 - 03/23/05 11:49 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 869 calories (12 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1982 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*I will start sessions with Personal Trainer (Heather) starting April 9th for 10 sessions ....she has promised to kick my @$$!! This is the same Heather that is the Instructor on my Tues. night Power Sculpt class...and we get along great!!

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Shell, have you tried the mint tea w/o sugar? You KNOW I am a huge sugar fan and I used to put at least two packs in my tea but I don't use any now and it still has a bit of a sweet taste (to me). Maybe try just decreasing one teaspoon at a time? I realize I am the pot calling the kettle black here since I can't give up my (WARNING: UFO ALERT) coffee w/cream and sugar!

Yes, I will try that.... I don't drink it very often...but when I do... SUGAR just calls me... I will try to add just one or two and then add to it IF needed!!

Lunch : 287 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 410 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Cheerios DRY, Mini Box Golden Grahams DRY (those do have a little dairy but I'm ok with them) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 770 calories UFO's, Mashed Potatos & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1912.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96 oz

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1912.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------

Re: LOL! Sugar calls to me all the time, too!! new
      #163364 - 03/23/05 11:52 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: about morning sickness... new
      #163380 - 03/23/05 12:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I remember I felt worse if my stomach was empty. Try to keep something in your stomach all the time. When it got empty, I felt worse, didn't feel like eating which made it worse - it was a vicious cycle. Glad the fatigue isn't getting you down. I remember I dragged myself to work those days - it was awful.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#163381 - 03/23/05 12:37 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wow! That's great about the personal trainer! Hopefully you'll get lots of tips and info to help you along!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#163405 - 03/23/05 02:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow! That's great about the personal trainer! Hopefully you'll get lots of tips and info to help you along! Yes, I can't wait.... I'm sooo excited!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #164317 - 03/26/05 06:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

BMR 1793 + exercise (1 hr walking) WOW that is wonderful!! 224 = 2017 - 500 = 1517 food budget

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (244)

AM Snack: canned peaches & 2 tea biscuits (92)

Lunch: 1/2 southwestern meatloaf burger in 1/2 pita with soy cheddar (boy, that was a mistake! blech!) LOL & chili sauce, cooked carrots with salad dressing (291)

PM Snacks: Luna bar (180), 1 large gumdrop (45), slice of bread w/ margarine (97)

Dinner: grilled chicken w/ honey & soy sauce yum , baked potato w/ margarine, spinach (399)

Dessert: orange jello (90) you do ok with that? I have not tried it in a long time, I made a Jell-O fruit salad for Easter as requested by the family guess I'll give it a go...

Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (40), 2 glasses water = 80oz good!

Food & drinks total: 1510
Fruits & veggies: 6

Well, it's official... I've gained 5lbs. I'm really upset & kinda depressed about this. I'm just barely fitting in my biggest pair of jeans. Gah! I don't even know if I'm doing this BMR thing right now. I have to admit that I haven't been very diligent about reporting the BLT's, as they were called in here a few days ago, and I'm sure all those little bits of candy and whatnot added up. But I'm looking at a food budget of 1517 and thinking, how am I going to lose weight eating that much?

I'm using the BMR calculating formula here: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article6.htm For a body weight of 130 and an activity level of "quiet sitting" (which does accurately describe the majority of my day), I came up with 1793. My height is 5'2" and I'm 30. If that sounds way off base to any of you, let me know. I've noticed that others replied to this already, seeing as I'm 4 days behind on posts...I'll come back to this one if needed after I read the rest of the thread.

By the way, anybody else have a spouse/significant-other who can eat junk and sit on their a** all the time and not gain weight? nope....he puts on the weight too when he eats crap all day...(like today) God, that's annoying. (And yes, I have wicked PMS, which isn't helping my mood any!) I know the feeling...that was me last week

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24078

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review