All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Casey new
      #163154 - 03/22/05 09:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I would say an average of 1500 cals a day is probably good for you. You don't necessarily have to get all precise with it in calculating what exercise you did that day and then making yourself up a food budget (though some people prefer to do it that way) - you could just say 'everyday I should eat between 1400 and 1500 calories', going no lower than 1400 and no higher than 1500, and making sure you're getting some light exercise like walks throughout the week.

I'd second Minnie's comment that you're possibly retaining water. Weight can be so wonky sometimes. Also it's evident that you're already doing this but the key to fat loss is many small meals throughout the day - again, I know you already do this and that IBS-wise you probably don't let yourself get hungry or stuff your face at one sitting when you do - but that's a key to fat loss too, not only staying stable! (Another great thing about this diet!)

I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. See how you are next week I guess.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 new
      #163172 - 03/22/05 10:15 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

9am:
4oz Soy Milk (50 calories)
Half a banana (50 calories)
1tsp Peanut Butter (30 calories)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon, all blended to make smoothie
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)

12 noon:
1 can of tuna (60 calories)
1 Egg Beater (30 calories)
1 Tbsp of Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (25 calories)
2 Fortune Cookies (55 calories)

3pm:
Dulce de Leche Luna Bar—Wow…first time I found that flavor…excellent! (180 calories)

6pm:
4 Spinach Nuggets (190 calories)
1 Flour Tortilla (110 calories)
Deli turkey (45 calories)
2 Tbsp Hellman's Lowfat Mayo (50 calories)
2 ADB with Cool whip (277 calories)

9pm:
Soy Dream Lil' Dreamers Ice Cream Sandwich (100 calories)
10 Honey Roasted Cashews, ground up (60 calories)
Decaf Mocha with Cool Whip (60 calories)
(I know that's probably not ok…but I had been doing calculus all day and was majorly stressed…any suggestions for an alternative?)

Water—moderate, only 108 oz so far

1825 BMR - 500 for weight loss= 1325 Food Budget
No real exercise today, spring break and the gym is still closed.

Grand Total . . . . . .1352, 27 calories over
Must have been that late-night stress snacking...hopefully tomorrow will be better
And...I'm going shopping! Although will be my first encounter with "the food court" since IBS.... hmmm...any suggestions?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#163177 - 03/22/05 10:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

breakfast= tons of french bread (farewell to wheat) and some spelt bread (farewell to gluten)

snakcs= about 6 oz. hazelnut milk and 1 oz. puffed millet, 1 soy yogurts, 1 banana, one handfull of corn pasta with some tomato sauce (plain tomato sauce...no sugar added...with fresh basil, oregano, pressed garlic, and a bit of olive oil). 1 red anjou pear. 3 strawberries.

Dinner=some french fries (didn't measure...ate until I felt satisfied and left the rest for hubby), less than .5 cup quinoa with a spoonfull of tomato sauce and a slice of avacado.

Bedtime snack= half a plain soy ypgurt and about 6oz. tomato basil soup. And a banana (I'm starving...I MUST get to bed earlier so I don't eat so much at bedtime)

Exercise: Lugged my cart with a 20lb bag of dog food around WalMart, cooked, cleaned house. Not much...today was rest day. Tom. is weights (yippee) and soem aerobics.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Now I feel like a complete dork... new
      #163187 - 03/23/05 01:24 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

AF started late last night, so for giggles I hopped on the scale when I woke up this morning, and sure enough - I'm 127, not 130. So I was apparently holding water or something and I did all that fussing for nothing. Sorry about that, guys! I should have known better... like I said, I don't eat THAT much, I should have figured it wasn't actual gain when the scale suddenly jumped 5lbs. Duh.

I still need to be more diligent about paying attention to what I eat, though. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized those stupid gumdrops are 45 cals apiece. I don't usually stop at 1, and I don't always report those, either. Just an example.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance.

My report new
      #163207 - 03/23/05 04:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy choc milk

Lunch: Went a bit haywire- had vegetable thai green curry (loaded with coconut milk) and rice in the work catneen. Really, really yummy but more than I ought to have eaten for lunch.

Dinner: Prawns, Peppers, mushrooms and pasta and "wet" with a tablespoon of extra light mayo. It was very yummy!

Dessert 4 mint chocolate viscount biscuits (they are nearly all gone now)

Water: 70oz

Activites: I did a spin class at the gym, it was difficult but I really worked hard and felt great after it! Calories burned: 369

Total Calories consumed: 1870

BMR 2320 plus 369 activities= 2689 -500(weight loss)= budget of 2189.

I consumed 1870 so I am under budget by 319

--------------------
S.

#163242 - 03/23/05 06:38 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

1 cup strawberries - 1 point
coffee and creamer - 1 point
toast and peanut butter - 2 points
turkey sandwich - 4 points
UFO - 12 points
Bagel and UFO - 11 points
Total points - 31 (Target 22) 9 FLEX POINTS used.
30 minutes of cardio plus weight training - 3 points earned.
Keeping up with my goal of the week: cardio plus weight training every day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#163265 - 03/23/05 07:58 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ dried fruit (I cooked it with it), maple syrup and rice milk
Snack - pretzels & 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch - pasta w/ soy butter & salt, chicken pieces, green salad w/ light vinegarette dressing
Snack - pretzels
Snack - crunchy peanut butter Cliff bar
Snack - more pretzels
Dinner - spaghetti sauce over angel hair pasta
Snack - popcorn
Water - about 64oz
No excercise today again... my morning sickness is gradually getting worse and earlier everyday. Not only that, now I'm constantly hungry, and food is tasting weird to me so it's really hard to find something I'm in the mood for to eat. On a positive note... today marks my 6th week .

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: about morning sickness... new
      #163271 - 03/23/05 08:18 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you tried keeping some soda crackers by your bed? Eat a few before you even sit up. I found that helpful. I munched on soda crackers all morning and it did make a difference. Have you tried drinking some tea to help? Peppermint worked for me as well, as well as ginger for the nausea. There's also a med for morning sickness that's called Diclectin. It's an antihistamine with B12 that also is helpful. HAng in there, Mommy to be! The morning sickness will be over before you know it. Are you feeling tired? I was exhausted those first few weeks.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#163289 - 03/23/05 08:47 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello all! Yesterday I did very good. I still don't completely trust fitday, since I have not taken the time to input all my "custom foods" and rely on their calorie/fat/carb counts which don't always seem accurate.

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice ww toast w/PB, 1 c. soy milk w/fiber (296)
Snack - banana, UFO beverage (247)
Lunch - Turkey on ww w/spinach and spicey mustard (234)
Snack - PB (naughty!)
Dinner - broiled tilapia fillet w/lemon pepper seasoning and UFO sauce (YUM), couscous (509)
Snack - green grapes (114)

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class. Pilates is not an "activity" on fitday - anyone have any idea how many cals it might burn???

water - 80ish oz

TOTAL FOOD CALORIES - 1498. So if I burned say 100 cal doing pilates I am almost in my 1 lb/wk weight-loss range. Pretty good, I'd say! Especially since my only added sugar was in the coffee and PB.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/22/05 (I'm getting a personal trainer) new
      #163298 - 03/23/05 09:02 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 869 calories (12 minutes on the Elliptical, 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1982 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*I will start sessions with Personal Trainer (Heather) starting April 9th for 10 sessions ....she has promised to kick my @$$!! This is the same Heather that is the Instructor on my Tues. night Power Sculpt class...and we get along great!!

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Lunch : 287 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 410 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Cheerios DRY, Mini Box Golden Grahams DRY (those do have a little dairy but I'm ok with them) & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 770 calories UFO's, Mashed Potatos & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1912.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96 oz

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1912.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review