All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weighing in
      #162737 - 03/21/05 02:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Question for you ladies- what time of day do you weigh in and what difference do you find between different times of the day?

I weigh in first thing in the morning and at night I can be as much as 5lbs heavier. Anyone have similar experiences?

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weighing in new
      #162747 - 03/21/05 03:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yep. That's why they only recommend you weigh yourself at the same time of day each time to get an accurate count. I figure you're lighter in the morning because you haven't eaten/drank anything for several hours.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Quite new
      #162777 - 03/21/05 05:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I either weigh myself first thing upon getting up or if possible after going to the bathroom but before breakfast- that is the best. I have weighed in later in the day and also been several pounds more.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Quite new
      #162789 - 03/21/05 05:46 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi,

I like to weigh myself just before I change my cloths to walk on my treadmill. I usually do this after a light breakfast. When is not as important as consistancy. It helps to wear (or not wear ) the same clothes when you weigh in.

Take care,

Karen

Re: Weighing in new
      #162803 - 03/21/05 06:54 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

I'm not a lady but i'll answer anyhow

I find that i weigh less in the late afternoon. about 4 to 5 pm. Weard i know. I think it's because my ibs hits me most in the morning, 4to5 bms and i don't eat a big breakfast at all, sometimes i forget.
Take today for example. I was 258. At about 430 i was 255. This seems to be a pretty constent thing. However I usually weigh before, or some time after breakfast. usually at about 100pm. I wake up at 9 to 10 and my stomach isn't settled till about 12 noon.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review