All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
To Shell and all
      #162611 - 03/21/05 07:43 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Well, I've counted my calories for the last few days and it looks like I'm getting anywhere from 1300 - 1500 a day - which to me sounds very reasonable. I just don't understand why I'm not losing the weight. Maybe this week will be different. I've been trying to keep a strict watch on my BLT's and keeping them to a minimum - I tend to nibble a bit. But I've been counting them in so I don't know. Maybe that will make all the difference. I'm still trying to stay positive - this has got to work sometime? I feel like I'm doing everything right. Maybe I need to bump up the exercise? This week I am committing to exercise and weights EVERY day - that's my goal for the week.
Anyway, thanks for all your support. I would be totally lost without you all. I'm convinced that if I do lose weight, it'll be thanks to this board and all of you. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

try increasing exercise... new
      #162639 - 03/21/05 10:21 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

it can make a huge difference or talk to a doc- soemtimes there are tests they can do.. also you may be losing inches and not pounds if you are generating more muscle mass.. it ways more.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I don't know anything new
      #162654 - 03/21/05 11:39 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

but I hear the best exercise for losing weight is to exercise really hard for a few minutes and then lighter and then all out again and back and forth. Like on a treadmill do a sprint and then a walk for a few minutes at a time. They say to think about how kids behave and exercise that way.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: To Shell and all new
      #163308 - 03/23/05 09:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Well, I've counted my calories for the last few days and it looks like I'm getting anywhere from 1300 - 1500 a day - which to me sounds very reasonable. I just don't understand why I'm not losing the weight. Maybe this week will be different. I've been trying to keep a strict watch on my BLT's and keeping them to a minimum - I tend to nibble a bit. But I've been counting them in so I don't know. Maybe that will make all the difference. I'm still trying to stay positive - this has got to work sometime? I feel like I'm doing everything right. Maybe I need to bump up the exercise? Yes This week I am committing to exercise and weights EVERY day - that's my goal for the week. I'm proud of your sweetie...I can tell your really determined to making this happen!!
Anyway, thanks for all your support. I would be totally lost without you all. I'm convinced that if I do lose weight, it'll be thanks to this board and all of you. goes both ways honey!! Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review