All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Reporting in 3/21/05
      #162602 - 03/21/05 07:13 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok it is still very early but I have to report that I LOST ANOTHER POUND SINCE YESTERDAY!
So now I weigh 133.5. I have 24 days to lose 3.5 more pounds.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reporting in 3/21/05 new
      #162622 - 03/21/05 08:42 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

OK day.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Salt cod pasty and leftover baked sweet potato
Dinner - Fresh pasta with mushrooms, leek and leftover smoked pork loin
Snacks - Chocolate and a biscuit. Blueberries. Snacked more because I had to go to hospital for a bone density scan and I always comfort eat on these occasions.

Exercise - walked dog twice. Will do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins weights at gym and 20 mins swimming (more of a cool down and relax). Really looking forward to the jacuzzi and steam room as I am still aching because of the medication.

I don't know how fit dog walking gets you (she goes quite fast), but I enjoy it - everyone stops to say hello because she is so cute!!

I've done loads of gardening, so I now have tomatoes, chillies, rosemary, sage, rocket (aragular), corgettes, broad beans, dill, parsely, mint, chives and strawberries all growing from seed (mainly on my window sill at the moment). This should help the healthy eating when they all grow!!

Leeks, carrots and raspberry canes next - plus we want to buy a plum and cherry tree.

#162655 - 03/21/05 11:45 AM
Little Minnie

Quote:

OK day.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Salt cod pasty and leftover baked sweet potato
Snacks - Chocolate and a biscuit. Blueberries. Snacked more because I had to go to hospital for a bone density scan and I always comfort eat on these occasions.

Exercise - walked dog twice. Will do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins weights at gym and 20 mins swimming (more of a cool down and relax). Really looking forward to the jacuzzi and steam room as I am still aching because of the medication.

I don't know how fit dog walking gets you (she goes quite fast), but I enjoy it - everyone stops to say hello because she is so cute!!

I've done loads of gardening, so I now have tomatoes, chillies, rosemary, sage, rocket (aragular), LOL! I am sorry but I have to say you spelled it like you say it! (the English way I mean). It is arugulA. LOL corgettes, broad beans, dill, parsely, mint, chives and strawberries all growing from seed (mainly on my window sill at the moment). This should help the healthy eating when they all grow!! What do broad beans taste like anyway? I have seen them on Two Fat Ladies. Brits eat different (and more) vegetables than Yanks. I wish I could get some of them. I have been starting seeds too. Last month I started leeks and scallions and basil, mammoth and Thai. This month I started bell and hot peppers and I just started tomatoes. What a way to feel like spring is coming.

Leeks, carrots and raspberry canes next - plus we want to buy a plum and cherry tree.

Cheers Cath!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Reporting in 3/21/05 Sinead's weigh in new
      #162735 - 03/21/05 02:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I weighed in this morning...2 lbs lighter than last Monday. My goal was to shed 5 pounds by April 30th so I have 4 weeks more to lose 2 pounds!

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy choc milk

Snack: small banana

Lunch: Tuna, corn and tomato

Afternoon snack none!

Dinnerrice noodles with a chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a chili & garlic sauce
Pre dinner I stole a half a grilled fishfinger from P's dinner

Dessert usual babyfood fruit puree

Snacks: a mint chocolate viscount biscuit (56 cals)

Water 60 oz so far, I will meet 70 target though.

Activites I WENT TO THE GYM! Burned 207 calories between bike,elliptical and rower.

Total Calories consumed: 1727

BMR 2320 plus 207 activities= 2527-500(weight loss)= budget of 2027. I consumed 1727 so I am under budget by 300 exactly (odd eh?) I will probably eat into this (no pun intended) as like I said above I am v v hungry !!

--------------------
S.

yay tamara! new
      #162736 - 03/21/05 02:41 PM
cailin

YAY TAMARA
Our targets are very alike LM- I started at 133 pounds and want to get to 128 by 30th April so I have 32 days to lose 3 lbs.

--------------------
S.

#162778 - 03/21/05 05:19 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

I weighed in this morning...2 lbs lighter than last Monday. My goal was to shed 5 pounds by April 30th so I have 4 weeks more to lose 2 pounds! We do have similar goals but you are way ahead of me.

Afternoon snack none!

Dinnerrice noodles with a chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a chili & garlic sauce
Pre dinner I stole a half a grilled fishfinger from P's dinner

Snacks: a mint chocolate viscount biscuit (56 cals) Wow what is that?

Water 60 oz so far, I will meet 70 target though.

Activites I WENT TO THE GYM! Burned 207 calories between bike,elliptical and rower.

BMR 2320 plus 207 activities= 2527-500(weight loss)= budget of 2027. I consumed 1727 so I am under budget by 300 exactly (odd eh?) I will probably eat into this (no pun intended) as like I said above I am v v hungry !!

--------------------

actual report new
      #162780 - 03/21/05 05:24 PM
Little Minnie

I am so motivated I got up today and wanted to exercise first even though I had all day to do it! It is because of this forum and all you guys. It is very motivating to have partners.
B: usual
first snack: luna after exercise
lunch: leftover soup and bruschetta
snack: banana
dinner: chianti risotto with pears, walnuts and blue ******, spinach stuffed chicken breasts, 1 slice bagette
dessert: have some new banana sorbet to try
exercise: ball work and 40 minutes treadmill- burned 300 cals or so
total intake: 1615

--------------------

#162799 - 03/21/05 06:23 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

9am:
The end of a box of honeycomb cereal (60 calories)
Musselman's natural applesauce (50 calories)

12 noon:
Campbell's Soup at Hand, Classic Tomato (120 calories)
Fat Free Turkey Hotdog, cut up in the soup (45 calories)
Galaxy Veggie Parmesan, in the soup (30 calories)

3pm:
8 Club Snack Sticks (87 calories)
Galaxy Veggie Shreds, melted on top (I have on idea how many calories…the serving size is in ounces…anyone with a food scale figured up a calories per volume measurement? Or somebody with a better eye able to guess?)
Kroger Brand Pizza Sauce, to dip (15 calories)

6pm:
1 can of tuna (60 calories)
2 Egg Beaters (60 calories)
2 Tbsp Low Fat Hellman Mayo (50 calories)
1 ½ cups of cooked cauliflower with ICBINB spray (45 calories)
2 ADB—it's so hard to eat just one! With Cool Whip Free (277 calories)

1825 BMR - 500 for weight loss= 1325 Food Budget
No real exercise today, spring break and the gym is closed.
I did change the oil in the car, and other maintenance type things though.

Water—good, 128 oz so far

Thus far, 899 calories + the whatever the veggie "cheese" would be.
Assuming the cheese wasn't too much, that leaves me about 400 calories under budget.
I usually have a little snack before bed too, so I don't wake up with my belly feeling so empty.

All in all, a pretty good day.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#162884 - 03/22/05 04:50 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

1 cup strawberries - 60 cal, 1 point
coffee with creamer 63 cal, 1 point
toast and peanut butter 190 cal, 3 points
turkey sandwich with stuff 183 plus 95 - 5 points
2 chicken nuggets - 73 cal, 2 points
bagel and UFO - 375 cal, 9 points
chocolate eggs - 200 cal, 3 points

Total calories - 1238
points - 24
Did 30 minutes cardio and weight training - 3 points earned
DID NOT have a snack at bedtime! YAy!
A Good day all around.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#162892 - 03/22/05 05:37 AM
cailin

Quote:

I weighed in this morning...2 lbs lighter than last Monday. My goal was to shed 5 pounds by April 30th so I have 4 weeks more to lose 2 pounds!

Mathematicians among you will note that my sums don't add up- I still have THREE pounds to lose. And the rate I am eating at today I will have an overall gain next week!

--------------------
S.

#162897 - 03/22/05 05:45 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, I decided not to report the weekend since it is so hard to remember everything when Monday comes, plus then I would have had to tell you all about how many peanutbutter M&Ms I ate Sunday But as of Monday I am back on the wagon. And I started counting calories on fitday, but I am not sure how accurate that is.

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice ww toast w/cherry preserves, 1 c soymilk w/fiber (261 cal)
Snack - Banana, coffee w/cream&sugar (264 cal)
Lunch - Pita chips w/hummus, carrots, grapes (640 cal)
Snack - dried cherries (not sure on cal - not listed on fitday)
Dinner - 4 scrambled egg whites w/chives, served in 2 small tortillas w/salsa, UFO. Unseetened applesause. (512 cal)

Excercise - 20 min on elliptical w/5 min each warmup and cooldown. Some crunches and ball excercises. Supposedly burned about 200 cal.

So fitday says my calories were 1662 (plus I will add 100 for the cherries) so 1762, minus the excercise is 1562. I am supposed to be around 1300 net calories, so I have some work to do. But I felt good yesterday.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#162960 - 03/22/05 08:49 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ maple syrup & rice milk
Snack - pretzels
Lunch - chicken sandwich on wheat bread and potato chips
Again I took a nap and woke up sick to my stomach , so I ate some pretzels.
Morning sickness in full swing ... I ended up chewing on a couple of ginger altoids to calm my tummy... which helped some. I had some oatmeal for dinner and got a stomach ache again, but at this point I was still so hungry, I made myself eat some oven fries. Tummy finally calmed a little by about 9:30 and I was hungry again, so I had some popcorn, which I'm happy to announce, went down very well and tummy stayed happy .
Water - hmmm... I lost track but I think I got in about 72oz.
Shell... I hope you're feeling better today!!! Just want you to know I really enjoy all of your replies to my reports!!! I think that's very sweet of you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

REPORTING IN - 3/21/05 new
      #162962 - 03/22/05 08:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 860 calories 9 minutes on the Elliptical, 40 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1973 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

I only made it through 40 minutes of the class because I needed to get to the bathroom...the lovely time of the month...the rest might be TMI...LOL

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 287 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna Sandwich w/RF Mayo and Pickle & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 540 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, Mini Box Frosted Cheerios, Mini Box Lucky Charms, 2 Rolls Smarties, 2 UFO's & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 473 calories BIG BOWL of Creamy Sweet Corn, Potato, Chicken Soup, 2 Slices French Bread Sprayed With ICBINB And Toasted Under The Broiler & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1685.25 calories

Total Water intake = 80 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 1935.25 .....still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#163047 - 03/22/05 01:01 PM
cailin

Quote:

Snacks: a mint chocolate viscount biscuit (56 cals) Wow what is that?

its a chocolate covered cookie with a mint filling..so yummy and quite small, not at all safe though but it doesn't bother me...here's what they look like and a great description! web page

--------------------
S.

mint biscuits new
      #163116 - 03/22/05 05:31 PM
Little Minnie

I love those kind of cookies! We have some cheap store brand that looks just like it and also Girl Scout cookies too, but not individually wrapped. I haven't had them since starting the diet though, but I do eat peppermint patties and make junior mint brownies.

It does look like a peer in the realm of biscuits! The best biscuits I have ever had were from the Chatsworth estate shop. They were oat flips and came in very handy when in Scotland and staying at a hotel instead of B&B. Those things were a very filling breakfast!

--------------------

Edited by Little Minnie (03/22/05 05:43 PM)

#163324 - 03/23/05 09:52 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok it is still very early but I have to report that I LOST ANOTHER POUND SINCE YESTERDAY!
So now I weigh 133.5. I have 24 days to lose 3.5 more pounds. Ok...I'm gonna say this....don't laugh...."YOU GO GIRL"!!

--------------------

#163325 - 03/23/05 09:54 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

OK day.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Salt cod pasty what is that? and leftover baked sweet potato

Exercise - walked dog twice. Will do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins weights at gym and 20 mins swimming (more of a cool down and relax). Really looking forward to the jacuzzi and steam room as I am still aching because of the medication. enjoy!

I've done loads of gardening, so I now have tomatoes, chillies, rosemary, sage, rocket (aragular), corgettes, broad beans, dill, parsely, mint, chives and strawberries all growing from seed (mainly on my window sill at the moment). This should help the healthy eating when they all grow!! OH, how I wish I had a window box or yard to grow stuff...that would be so much fun... (and cheaper then the store)

--------------------

#163326 - 03/23/05 09:56 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I weighed in this morning...2 lbs lighter than last Monday. My goal was to shed 5 pounds by April 30th so I have 4 weeks more to lose 2 pounds! WWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO!!! That is great!! 4 weeks...2 pounds....no problem!!

Afternoon snack none!

Dinnerrice noodles with a chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a chili & garlic sauce yummers!!
Pre dinner I stole a half a grilled fishfinger from P's dinner Doh!!

Snacks: a mint chocolate viscount biscuit (56 cals)

Water 60 oz so far, I will meet 70 target though. yeah!!

Activites I WENT TO THE GYM! Burned 207 calories between bike,elliptical and rower. GREAT JOB!

--------------------

Re: actual report new
      #163327 - 03/23/05 09:58 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I am so motivated I got up today and wanted to exercise first even though I had all day to do it! It is because of this forum and all you guys. It is very motivating to have partners. Awww...that is so sweet....yet I totally understand what you mean.... when I do great all I think about is, making sure I mention it in my report!!
B: usual
first snack: luna after exercise
lunch: leftover soup and bruschetta
snack: banana
dinner: chianti risotto with pears, walnuts and blue ******, spinach stuffed chicken breasts, 1 slice bagette this meal just sounds fabulous!!
dessert: have some new banana sorbet to try
exercise: ball work and 40 minutes treadmill- burned 300 cals or so
total intake: 1615 Yeah!!

--------------------

#163328 - 03/23/05 10:02 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

9am:
The end of a box of honeycomb cereal (60 calories)
Musselman's natural applesauce (50 calories)

12 noon:
Campbell's Soup at Hand, Classic Tomato (120 calories)
Fat Free Turkey Hotdog, cut up in the soup (45 calories) that is a good idea!
Galaxy Veggie Parmesan, in the soup (30 calories)

3pm:
8 Club Snack Sticks (87 calories)
Galaxy Veggie Shreds, melted on top (I have on idea how many calories…the serving size is in ounces…anyone with a food scale figured up a calories per volume measurement? Or somebody with a better eye able to guess?) nah, I just guestimate on that too....
Kroger Brand Pizza Sauce, to dip (15 calories)

6pm:
1 can of tuna (60 calories)
2 Egg Beaters (60 calories)
2 Tbsp Low Fat Hellman Mayo (50 calories)
1 ½ cups of cooked cauliflower with ICBINB spray (45 calories)
2 ADB—it's so hard to eat just one! With Cool Whip Free (277 calories) Amie taught me to make them in mini cupcake pan.... it is easier to stop at just one or two of those...really!!

1825 BMR - 500 for weight loss= 1325 Food Budget
No real exercise today, spring break and the gym is closed.
I did change the oil in the car, and other maintenance type things though.

Water—good, 128 oz so far wow! that is great!

Thus far, 899 calories + the whatever the veggie "cheese" would be.
Assuming the cheese wasn't too much, that leaves me about 400 calories under budget.
I usually have a little snack before bed too, so I don't wake up with my belly feeling so empty.

All in all, a pretty good day. All in all a great day!!

--------------------

#163329 - 03/23/05 10:04 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

1 cup strawberries - 60 cal, 1 point
coffee with creamer 63 cal, 1 point
toast and peanut butter 190 cal, 3 points
turkey sandwich with stuff 183 plus 95 - 5 points with stuff..I love it!! LOL
2 chicken nuggets - 73 cal, 2 points
bagel and UFO - 375 cal, 9 points
chocolate eggs - 200 cal, 3 points darn easter bunny laying chocolate eggs in your house again?!?!? LOL

Total calories - 1238
points - 24
Did 30 minutes cardio and weight training - 3 points earned
DID NOT have a snack at bedtime! YAy!
A Good day all around. OUTSTANDING!!

--------------------

#163330 - 03/23/05 10:07 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well, I decided not to report the weekend since it is so hard to remember everything when Monday comes, plus then I would have had to tell you all about how many peanutbutter M&Ms I ate Sunday LOL But as of Monday I am back on the wagon. And I started counting calories on fitday, but I am not sure how accurate that is.

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice ww toast w/cherry preserves, 1 c soymilk w/fiber (261 cal)
Snack - Banana, coffee w/cream&sugar (264 cal)
Lunch - Pita chips w/hummus, carrots, grapes (640 cal)
Snack - dried cherries (not sure on cal - not listed on fitday)
Dinner - 4 scrambled egg whites w/chives, served in 2 small tortillas w/salsa, UFO. Unseetened applesause. (512 cal) sounds good!

Excercise - 20 min on elliptical w/5 min each warmup and cooldown. Some crunches and ball excercises. Supposedly burned about 200 cal. good

So fitday says my calories were 1662 (plus I will add 100 for the cherries) so 1762, minus the excercise is 1562. I am supposed to be around 1300 net calories, so I have some work to do. But I felt good yesterday. Good....and counting the calories will help you too...I think...it just makes you aware!!

--------------------

#163331 - 03/23/05 10:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ maple syrup & rice milk
Snack - pretzels
Lunch - chicken sandwich on wheat bread and potato chips
Again I took a nap and woke up sick to my stomach , so I ate some pretzels.
Morning sickness in full swing ... oh no... I ended up chewing on a couple of ginger altoids to calm my tummy... which helped some. oh good.. I had some oatmeal for dinner and got a stomach ache again, but at this point I was still so hungry, I made myself eat some oven fries. Tummy finally calmed a little by about 9:30 and I was hungry again, so I had some popcorn, which I'm happy to announce, went down very well and tummy stayed happy . oh good....
Water - hmmm... I lost track but I think I got in about 72oz.
Shell... I hope you're feeling better today!!! Just want you to know I really enjoy all of your replies to my reports!!! I think that's very sweet of you! AAAwww.... thanks!! Your a sweetie too!! I do feel much better.... it was a combo of PMS/cramps/over training....who knew that was possible...I went a whole month straight without taking a day off from the gym and I was starting to fall asleep at my desk and driving home from work.... So, I took Sunday OFF and then have tried to get to bed an hour earlier this week...it is so hard though cuz by time I get home from the gym, have dinner, make my lunch for the next day, and watch a little TV it is time for bed.... I think I will start taking Sunday's Off.

--------------------

#163347 - 03/23/05 10:52 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

I'm so glad you're feeling better Shell! And I also think your idea of taking Sunday's off is a good one! Even you need a break!!! Thanks again!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#163362 - 03/23/05 11:50 AM
Shell Marr

Thanks Rach!

--------------------

#163593 - 03/24/05 04:10 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Sorry not to have posted for a while, but frankly my diet has been appalling. Not helped by the stress of not having any work and rapidly running out of money.

I'm being kept sane (and actually very happy) by my lovely girlfriend, walking the puppy, enjoying my garden, watching the tadpoles grow (they are nearly ready to hatch) and going to yoga.

Life is good, if I could just get some work.

I'll start posting my diet as soon as I've got it a bit more sorted. I have started drinking water though and i feel loads better (I reallised that I have only been drinking round 1 cup a day for the last 4 months. I've now got up to 1 litre and have more energy). Should have listened to your advice earlier!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review