S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You deserved it Steph! new
      #162235 - 03/19/05 01:12 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Sinead,
Yeah, there was cheesecake on this menu too... And a chocolate moose with chunks of cheesecake in it! **drool** but I didn't have those ones, cheesecake (although my dearest love!! ) does usually do a number on me.
I was actually okay! My tummy was a little rumbly after, like, "What is this?? We haven't had this in a LONG TIME! I don't know what to make of it!" while we were walking to the car and on the way home, but enough that I could ignore it and not mention it or anything. We got home and I took my meds and some calcium and settled in to the couch and fell asleep, no tummy problems at all.
That was last night, this morning I am feeling pretty stable too. Just had a luna bar and am about to get down with some studying.
Hmm, maybe I could have it every day!! JUST KIDDING!!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 (Shell's Weigh In Day) new
      #162237 - 03/19/05 01:16 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell,
You know, there is a place near me that does Bikram yoga and I have been toying with the idea for ages.. I think the part that appeals to me is that it seems like such a toxin-releasing thing to do when you sweat so much!
Let us know how you are feeling today so I know what to expect if I do give it a try! The only downside is that it is like $17 a class! so I can't _really_ afford it until I get a job.

Congrats on another week without any weight gain!! You have been doing SO AWESOME that I bet some of the difference MUST be added muscle and fat burning away.
And holy moly on the water intake!! Was that all from the yoga? You must have sweated a whole lot of it out though, eh?
You're doing a terrific job, keep up the good work!!!
***hugs*** (well, after you've changed out of the soaking wet clothes, hee hee)
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 (Shell's Weigh In Day) new
      #162258 - 03/19/05 02:16 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Go Shell! keep up the good work!

Thanks Sinéad !!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Steph's Weigh In new
      #162262 - 03/19/05 02:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
So far today I haven't done any exercise as I just woke up a little while ago. This is what I have had so far:

Breakfast: Nuts over chocolate Luna Bar and half can of peaches in juices (drained though) = 230 calories.

Rest of the day - I plan to do my elliptical machine now. For lunch I will have leftover turkey meatloaf as a sandwich or something, not sure yet! No plans yet for dinner, I am pretty busy today so probably pasta or something easy!
Will report the rest in later! So far so good!
So for my weight loss................
I gained 3 lbs! Hey, it happens... remember it took me from NOV to MAR to get rid of FOUR pounds.... it would go and come back and go and come back... it will happen...just give it time...you on the right track with your diet and exercise..., Yes...you CAN make that goal if you really really stick to your PLAN... but I know you have other things going on in your world right now...so you don't really need to make this your #1 priority....just don't forget it....
I am pretty unhappy about that, because that means that I DID NOT meat my goal to lose 5 lbs in a month but rather 1 lb. My next goal was going to be to lose another 5 lbs in the next month but now that makes it 8 lbs to lose, which I'm not sure I can do.
Am pretty frustrated, but will carry on. your are wonderful....
Cheers all!
--Steph

--------------------

Re: Sinead's first day back at work report new
      #162314 - 03/19/05 09:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I didn't go too mad but did give in to a little temptation...

Breakfast Porridge with berries and honey

At Coffee Break time: Water, a banana, a slice of homemade brown bread toasted

LunchSelection of salads from work salad bar including a noodle salad, a pasta salad with olives, some tomatoes and a kaiser roll yum

Afternoon snacka Marks & Spencer minimuffin, lemon & white chocolate flavour. NOT my fault a girl from work brought them back after lunch and then I had a horrid day- its was only 130cals and while not safe didn't hurt my tummy
one fruit pastille (20 cals!) ok, your forgiven....THIS TIME!! lol

DinnerWhite rice with a very small chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a sweet and sour sauce

Dessert usual babyfood fruit puree

Water on target- 80oz very good!

Activites Walked home from work- 3 miles in 45 mins - burned 132 calories- so covered the "price" of the minimuffin! lol

Total Calories consumed: 1843

BMR 2320 plus 131 activities= 2451. I consumed 1843 calories so have a surplus of 595.

NB AMENDED FURTHER DOWN THIS THREAD AS I WAS A BAD BAD GIRL!

I KNEW I would eat so much more once I went back to work!
Still on target though, weigh in for me is Monday morning so I will have to be extra good and get loadsa exercise all weekend! sounds like you have a plan...!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 new
      #162315 - 03/19/05 09:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: same -450
snack: same-380
1/2 salmon subway- it was not good. Do not try the new salmon subs- not worth it!I was wondering....I'd never seen those.... guess cuz I stopped going when the changed the mayo in my tuna (also I couldn't find my coupons and they were right on the car seat! ) -200
1 bag baked lays -130
some baked tortillas before dinner- hungry -100
1 ADB -125?
fish, rice and peas- 375
total cals: 1760

Exercise: last day of rehab! weights and only 30 minutes treadmill as I had a dr. appt. so burned 450 cals.
other: was out and about all day. Must have burned tons of calories stressing over my checkbook balancing! (on line bill pay got messed up! ) lol

So the question is how many cals do I burn going about my business during an average day. I know how many I burn exercising and I know my bmr (resting I think) which is 1400. Well I will find out soon when I weigh myself (Sunday morning). GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------

#162317 - 03/19/05 09:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: a bowl of rice w/ soy milk (wasn't feeling well)
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, 5 jellybeans, graham crackers
Dinner: chicken-barley soup, too much bread sounds good to me!! I love bread too!!
Drinks: 82oz great

Food & drinks total: 1709
Fruits & veggies: peaches, banana, veggies in the soup = only 3

Activity: nothin'

I didn't eat so well, but today was a MUCH better day anyway, in pretty much every respect. oh good! And I'm sure I'll do better with the food and activity tomorrow.

--------------------

#162320 - 03/19/05 09:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ maple syrup and rice milk
Snack - potato chips
Lunch - PB&J on wheat, oven fries
Dinner - Herbed Chicken Fettucini sounds great...gonna have to try this one too....funny the things we try to make chicken breast taste diffent...lol , green beans
Snack - 1/2 grapefruit
Water - 64oz
Since I'm preggers I've decided to really take it easy on working out. I haven't had the energy yet to do much, but I plan on walking for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Also, I'm thinking about starting water aerobics. I used to take that...YEARS ago... but I loved it!!
Happy weekend everyone! You too Mommy!

--------------------

#162321 - 03/19/05 09:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast
english muffin (pre-breakfast) then oatmeal with applesauce and chopped almonds, scrambled egg whites

Then workout - 1 L water

Lunch (after workout)
2 cups soup with 2 slices bread

Snack
2 tbsp hummus, 4 pieces melba toast

Dinner
Kind of skipped dinner since my stomach wasn't feeling so great. Just had 6 rice cakes and then a baked potato and some tea a little later hope you feel better no...and I'm glad you did get something to eat later.

Snack
1.5 cups soy milk, a bagel with some honey and an apple (feeling better) Oh good!

Total water for the day: only about 48 oz (mostly during workout too... sheesh) did that include the soup? you can count broth type soups as water!!

Totals
1866 calories (good)
fat:carbs:protein (%) = 12:69:19 (pretty good, little low on protein though)

Workout
15 mins cardio
45 mins weight training
Calories burned - about 300

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17838

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review