All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/18/05
      #161701 - 03/17/05 08:43 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/18 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Steph's Weigh In new
      #161874 - 03/18/05 11:10 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
So far today I haven't done any exercise as I just woke up a little while ago. This is what I have had so far:

Breakfast: Nuts over chocolate Luna Bar and half can of peaches in juices (drained though) = 230 calories.

Rest of the day - I plan to do my elliptical machine now. For lunch I will have leftover turkey meatloaf as a sandwich or something, not sure yet! No plans yet for dinner, I am pretty busy today so probably pasta or something easy!
Will report the rest in later!
So for my weight loss................
I gained 3 lbs!
I am pretty unhappy about that, because that means that I DID NOT meat my goal to lose 5 lbs in a month but rather 1 lb. My next goal was going to be to lose another 5 lbs in the next month but now that makes it 8 lbs to lose, which I'm not sure I can do.
Am pretty frustrated, but will carry on.
Cheers all!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Bummer Steph! new
      #161888 - 03/18/05 12:01 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

NOW that is annoying..make sure its a real gain and not
-wonky scales
-weighing yourself at different times of day
-time of the month?
-since you are using that elliptical so much hae you toned up a lot and the old adage of muscle weighing more?

trying to think happy thoughts for you, try to keep motivated..Shell will probably have some tips for keeping the motivation up

take care

--------------------
S.

Sinead's first day back at work report new
      #161904 - 03/18/05 12:25 PM
cailin

I didn't go too mad but did give in to a little temptation...

Breakfast Porridge with berries and honey

At Coffee Break time: Water, a banana, a slice of homemade brown bread toasted

LunchSelection of salads from work salad bar including a noodle salad, a pasta salad with olives, some tomatoes and a kaiser roll

Afternoon snacka Marks & Spencer minimuffin, lemon & white chocolate flavour. NOT my fault a girl from work brought them back after lunch and then I had a horrid day- its was only 130cals and while not safe didn't hurt my tummy
one fruit pastille (20 cals!)

DinnerWhite rice with a very small chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a sweet and sour sauce

Dessert usual babyfood fruit puree

Water on target- 80oz

Activites Walked home from work- 3 miles in 45 mins - burned 132 calories- so covered the "price" of the minimuffin!

Total Calories consumed: 1843

BMR 2320 plus 131 activities= 2451. I consumed 1843 calories so have a surplus of 595.

NB AMENDED FURTHER DOWN THIS THREAD AS I WAS A BAD BAD GIRL!

I KNEW I would eat so much more once I went back to work!
Still on target though, weigh in for me is Monday morning so I will have to be extra good and get loadsa exercise all weekend!

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (03/18/05 05:26 PM)

Re: Steph's Weigh In new
      #161916 - 03/18/05 12:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Stephie, I know how you feel, hon. I've been at this weight watchers thing for a month now and I've lost squat. Just keep plugging away at it. It's all we can do. You're so lucky to have an elliptical! I wish I had one. I'll have to do with my little exercise video. Chin up! Tomorrow is another day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 new
      #161927 - 03/18/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

What I might be doing tonight!!

--------------------

#161999 - 03/18/05 04:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What I might be doing tonight!!

YES... I'm gonna do it.... dare to be different...right!! LOL

--------------------

my report so far.. new
      #162010 - 03/18/05 04:49 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

vicodin=woke up nauseaus about 5 AM... DH got up and forced me to eat about 9.. he gave me some dry old turkey jerky to chew and it worked... I had to eat very slowly, so my tummy got readjusted to food.. then a scone.. then we went out for burritos a bit later.. one luna bar and sushi for dinner tonight... and 1 peppermint reception stickw hen I got home.. will have acacia filled afb muffind before bed and meds later....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

BAD BAD CHEATING GIRL! new
      #162024 - 03/18/05 05:22 PM
cailin

So we went to the pub, and I drank water all night. And then P got fish and chips on the way home and I had about twelve chips and a slice of bread and some FULL FAT mayo (less than a TSP)

By fitday's calculations this brings my calorie intake today to 2124.
So redoing my sums;

BMR 2320 plus 131 activities= 2451. I consumed 2124 calories so have a surplus of 327
WHICH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I NEED A SURPLUS OF 500 TO LOSE

--------------------
S.

#162031 - 03/18/05 05:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Breakfast: same -450
snack: same-380
1/2 salmon subway- it was not good. Do not try the new salmon subs- not worth it! (also I couldn't find my coupons and they were right on the car seat! ) -200
1 bag baked lays -130
some baked tortillas before dinner- hungry -100
1 ADB -125?
fish, rice and peas- 375
total cals: 1760

Exercise: last day of rehab! weights and only 30 minutes treadmill as I had a dr. appt. so burned 450 cals.
other: was out and about all day. Must have burned tons of calories stressing over my checkbook balancing! (on line bill pay got messed up! )

So the question is how many cals do I burn going about my business during an average day. I know how many I burn exercising and I know my bmr (resting I think) which is 1400. Well I will find out soon when I weigh myself (Sunday morning).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 new
      #162041 - 03/18/05 06:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: a bowl of rice w/ soy milk (wasn't feeling well)
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, 5 jellybeans, graham crackers
Dinner: chicken-barley soup, too much bread
Drinks: 82oz

Food & drinks total: 1709
Fruits & veggies: peaches, banana, veggies in the soup = only 3

Activity: nothin'

I didn't eat so well, but today was a MUCH better day anyway, in pretty much every respect. And I'm sure I'll do better with the food and activity tomorrow.

#162054 - 03/18/05 07:13 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ maple syrup and rice milk
Snack - potato chips
Lunch - PB&J on wheat, oven fries
Dinner - Herbed Chicken Fettucini, green beans
Snack - 1/2 grapefruit
Water - 64oz
Since I'm preggers I've decided to really take it easy on working out. I haven't had the energy yet to do much, but I plan on walking for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Also, I'm thinking about starting water aerobics.
Happy weekend everyone!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#162076 - 03/18/05 07:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Quote:

Snack - potato chips
Dinner - Herbed Chicken Fettucini, green beans
Snack - 1/2 grapefruit
Water - 64oz
Since I'm preggers I've decided to really take it easy on working out. I haven't had the energy yet to do much, but I plan on walking for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Also, I'm thinking about starting water aerobics.
Happy weekend everyone!

Oooo that sounds great!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#162097 - 03/18/05 08:47 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Breakfast
english muffin (pre-breakfast) then oatmeal with applesauce and chopped almonds, scrambled egg whites

Then workout - 1 L water

Lunch (after workout)
2 cups soup with 2 slices bread

Snack
2 tbsp hummus, 4 pieces melba toast

Dinner
Kind of skipped dinner since my stomach wasn't feeling so great. Just had 6 rice cakes and then a baked potato and some tea a little later

Snack
1.5 cups soy milk, a bagel with some honey and an apple (feeling better)

Total water for the day: only about 48 oz (mostly during workout too... sheesh)

Totals
1866 calories (good)
fat:carbs:protein (%) = 12:69:19 (pretty good, little low on protein though)

Workout
15 mins cardio
45 mins weight training
Calories burned - about 300

#162099 - 03/18/05 09:00 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Mnnie -

You can get a pretty good approximation of how much you burn just living your life by multiplying your BMR by whatever level of activity you do on most days:

BMR x 1.2 = Sedentary (bedbound)
BMR x 1.4 = Seated work
BMR x 1.6 = Seated work with some movement througout the day
BMR x 1.8 = Standing work (i.e. house work, retail etc.)
BMR x 2.0 = Strenuous work (i.e. construction)

The rest of my Report for today!! new
      #162101 - 03/18/05 09:24 PM
Stephie

Hello!
Okay, so I exercised for one hour and burned 210 calories.

Lunch: Small white bun with the leftover small piece of meatloaf and 4 arrowroot cookies.

Dinner: Okay, so I might have been pretty unhappy and comfort eaten.. We went to the Keg for dinner and I had the teriaky chicken and a plain baked potato... safe right?? Especially since I didn't even eat all the chicken. THEN I did the badness.. I have no idea how many calories is in it, but I had a major UFO dessert with Adrian!!
I am hoping that my tummy is okay 'cause of it, I definitely think it may have put me over my calorie budget however.
Okay, well, must concentrate on tomorrow now. I was good the rest of the day today, and exercised so at least I didn't do tooooooo badly.
Cheers everyone!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

You deserved it Steph! new
      #162137 - 03/19/05 06:26 AM
cailin

I regularly have a UFO dessert (esp cheesecake ) after a safe meal. Teriyaki is safe, I had tons of it when we were in the US, its not as readily available here but never fear- I have a recipe that I keep meaning to try out!

Generally, I don't get cramps or D from the bad dessert. I might get a little gassy but thats it and once I "release" it I'm fine. How did you get on with it?

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05 (Shell's Weigh In Day) new
      #162161 - 03/19/05 07:48 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 484 calories 90 minutes Hot Yoga - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1907 calorie food budget.

Bikram Method, often referred to as "Hot Yoga"
Bikram yoga is an incredible workout that not only works your body, but your mind and your soul. Bikram yoga is a form of hatha yoga designed by Bikram Choudhury. It is "a twenty-six asana series designed to scientifically warm and stretch muscles, ligaments and tendons in the order in which they should be stretched." Bikram yoga is practiced in a heated room, usually up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. The heated room allows your muscles to warm up quickly and stretch safely. So, even if you don't think you're very flexible, you'll be amazed how quickly your body will become more flexible and stronger with the heat and the postures. Your progress in Bikram yoga "will depend entirely on you -- upon your natural ability to a small extent, but mostly upon the honest time and effort you give to Yoga. It will have little to do with how 'perfectly' you can do the poses. (Few of us ever do the poses 'perfectly.') Instead, it will have to do with how well you understand what you are trying to accomplish in each pose, how honestly you try to accomplish your goal, and how supple your muscles and joints have become in comparison to the point at which you began. In Yoga there is no standard of comparison except yourself. Perfect is the best you can do that day."

Here is what I wrote on the Yoga for IBS Board
Quote:

Hot Yoga - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
OMG... that was just the coolest (well really pretty darn hot....105 degrees to be exact....) It was like doing Yoga in a Sauna... and every inch of my clothes were SOAKED.... I will do it again in a heartbeat!! Well, I say that now.... I'll see how I feel tomorrow.... I'm told, you better come back and do it the next day right after your first time or you will NEVER go back... cuz you will hurt all over...even your organs...so, this could be an interesting weekend.... I might be doing Hot Yoga in the morning instead of STEP & weight training.... as of now... one hour, 16 minutes and a hot shower and 2-1/2 bottles of water...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 352 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna in water w/RF Mayo and Pickle, 1 Mini ADB Bite & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 458 calories 6 Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, 4 roll Smarties, 4 UFO's & Water

Dinner: 555 calories 2 peices of "Banquet Chicken" with most of the skin pulled off... this was NOT what was planned for dinner but the change in the plans to go to Yoga ended up getting me home later so Shane just threw these in the oven & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1547.25 calories

Total Water intake = 128 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 1797.25. Over my food budget by 200.25!

And for those of you following my weight loss..........

Drum Roll........
NO LOSS NO GAIN (So that is still a total of 70 lost since May 28th)

I have already reached my FIRST goal that was to lose 40 pounds by Fall Sprawl! My SECOND goal was to lose an additional 20 for a total of 60 by Fall Sprawl.... which I did. My THIRD goal was lose another 20 for a total of 80 by January 31, 2005...but that did not happen....

So, I now have a NEW goal... I want to lose an additional 23 for a total of 90 pounds by April 30, 2005.....

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05- Shell I did the calorie count... new
      #162203 - 03/19/05 11:30 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

toast and spread - 163 calories, 2 points
coffee (I know!) and whitener - 63 calories, 1 point
McDonald's Chicken Oriental Salad with grilled chicken - 7 points, 280 calories
1 cup strawberries and 1 tsp sugar - 1 point, 62 calories
chicken breast - 4 points, 231 calories
1 cup of rice - 4 points, 205 calories
1/2 cup grilled oriental vegetables - 1 point, 214
snitches of daughter's fries - 1 point 100 calories
swallow of soy milk - 1 point.100 calories
Total: 22 points and 1418 calories.
2 activity pointes earned - 45 minutes cardio done.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#162206 - 03/19/05 11:34 AM
cailin

Go Shell! keep up the good work!

--------------------
S.

Back on track Alicia ! nt new
      #162207 - 03/19/05 11:36 AM
cailin

--------------------
S.

Re: You deserved it Steph! new
      #162235 - 03/19/05 01:12 PM
Stephie

Hi Sinead,
Yeah, there was cheesecake on this menu too... And a chocolate moose with chunks of cheesecake in it! **drool** but I didn't have those ones, cheesecake (although my dearest love!! ) does usually do a number on me.
I was actually okay! My tummy was a little rumbly after, like, "What is this?? We haven't had this in a LONG TIME! I don't know what to make of it!" while we were walking to the car and on the way home, but enough that I could ignore it and not mention it or anything. We got home and I took my meds and some calcium and settled in to the couch and fell asleep, no tummy problems at all.
That was last night, this morning I am feeling pretty stable too. Just had a luna bar and am about to get down with some studying.
Hmm, maybe I could have it every day!! JUST KIDDING!!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#162237 - 03/19/05 01:16 PM
Stephie

Hi Shell,
You know, there is a place near me that does Bikram yoga and I have been toying with the idea for ages.. I think the part that appeals to me is that it seems like such a toxin-releasing thing to do when you sweat so much!
Let us know how you are feeling today so I know what to expect if I do give it a try! The only downside is that it is like $17 a class! so I can't _really_ afford it until I get a job.

Congrats on another week without any weight gain!! You have been doing SO AWESOME that I bet some of the difference MUST be added muscle and fat burning away.
And holy moly on the water intake!! Was that all from the yoga? You must have sweated a whole lot of it out though, eh?
You're doing a terrific job, keep up the good work!!!
***hugs*** (well, after you've changed out of the soaking wet clothes, hee hee)
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#162258 - 03/19/05 02:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Go Shell! keep up the good work!

Thanks Sinéad !!

--------------------

Re: Steph's Weigh In new
      #162262 - 03/19/05 02:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
So far today I haven't done any exercise as I just woke up a little while ago. This is what I have had so far:

Breakfast: Nuts over chocolate Luna Bar and half can of peaches in juices (drained though) = 230 calories.

Rest of the day - I plan to do my elliptical machine now. For lunch I will have leftover turkey meatloaf as a sandwich or something, not sure yet! No plans yet for dinner, I am pretty busy today so probably pasta or something easy!
Will report the rest in later! So far so good!
So for my weight loss................
I gained 3 lbs! Hey, it happens... remember it took me from NOV to MAR to get rid of FOUR pounds.... it would go and come back and go and come back... it will happen...just give it time...you on the right track with your diet and exercise..., Yes...you CAN make that goal if you really really stick to your PLAN... but I know you have other things going on in your world right now...so you don't really need to make this your #1 priority....just don't forget it....
I am pretty unhappy about that, because that means that I DID NOT meat my goal to lose 5 lbs in a month but rather 1 lb. My next goal was going to be to lose another 5 lbs in the next month but now that makes it 8 lbs to lose, which I'm not sure I can do.
Am pretty frustrated, but will carry on. your are wonderful....
Cheers all!
--Steph

--------------------

Re: Sinead's first day back at work report new
      #162314 - 03/19/05 09:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I didn't go too mad but did give in to a little temptation...

Breakfast Porridge with berries and honey

At Coffee Break time: Water, a banana, a slice of homemade brown bread toasted

LunchSelection of salads from work salad bar including a noodle salad, a pasta salad with olives, some tomatoes and a kaiser roll yum

Afternoon snacka Marks & Spencer minimuffin, lemon & white chocolate flavour. NOT my fault a girl from work brought them back after lunch and then I had a horrid day- its was only 130cals and while not safe didn't hurt my tummy
one fruit pastille (20 cals!) ok, your forgiven....THIS TIME!! lol

DinnerWhite rice with a very small chicken breast and some frozen stir fry veggies and a sweet and sour sauce

Dessert usual babyfood fruit puree

Water on target- 80oz very good!

Activites Walked home from work- 3 miles in 45 mins - burned 132 calories- so covered the "price" of the minimuffin! lol

Total Calories consumed: 1843

BMR 2320 plus 131 activities= 2451. I consumed 1843 calories so have a surplus of 595.

NB AMENDED FURTHER DOWN THIS THREAD AS I WAS A BAD BAD GIRL!

I KNEW I would eat so much more once I went back to work!
Still on target though, weigh in for me is Monday morning so I will have to be extra good and get loadsa exercise all weekend! sounds like you have a plan...!!

--------------------

#162315 - 03/19/05 09:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: same -450
snack: same-380
1/2 salmon subway- it was not good. Do not try the new salmon subs- not worth it!I was wondering....I'd never seen those.... guess cuz I stopped going when the changed the mayo in my tuna (also I couldn't find my coupons and they were right on the car seat! ) -200
1 bag baked lays -130
some baked tortillas before dinner- hungry -100
1 ADB -125?
fish, rice and peas- 375
total cals: 1760

Exercise: last day of rehab! weights and only 30 minutes treadmill as I had a dr. appt. so burned 450 cals.
other: was out and about all day. Must have burned tons of calories stressing over my checkbook balancing! (on line bill pay got messed up! ) lol

So the question is how many cals do I burn going about my business during an average day. I know how many I burn exercising and I know my bmr (resting I think) which is 1400. Well I will find out soon when I weigh myself (Sunday morning). GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------

#162317 - 03/19/05 09:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: a bowl of rice w/ soy milk (wasn't feeling well)
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, 5 jellybeans, graham crackers
Dinner: chicken-barley soup, too much bread sounds good to me!! I love bread too!!
Drinks: 82oz great

Food & drinks total: 1709
Fruits & veggies: peaches, banana, veggies in the soup = only 3

Activity: nothin'

I didn't eat so well, but today was a MUCH better day anyway, in pretty much every respect. oh good! And I'm sure I'll do better with the food and activity tomorrow.

--------------------

#162320 - 03/19/05 09:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Snack - potato chips
Dinner - Herbed Chicken Fettucini sounds great...gonna have to try this one too....funny the things we try to make chicken breast taste diffent...lol , green beans
Snack - 1/2 grapefruit
Water - 64oz
Since I'm preggers I've decided to really take it easy on working out. I haven't had the energy yet to do much, but I plan on walking for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Also, I'm thinking about starting water aerobics. I used to take that...YEARS ago... but I loved it!!
Happy weekend everyone! You too Mommy!

--------------------

#162321 - 03/19/05 09:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast
english muffin (pre-breakfast) then oatmeal with applesauce and chopped almonds, scrambled egg whites

Then workout - 1 L water

Lunch (after workout)
2 cups soup with 2 slices bread

Snack
2 tbsp hummus, 4 pieces melba toast

Dinner
Kind of skipped dinner since my stomach wasn't feeling so great. Just had 6 rice cakes and then a baked potato and some tea a little later hope you feel better no...and I'm glad you did get something to eat later.

Snack
1.5 cups soy milk, a bagel with some honey and an apple (feeling better) Oh good!

Total water for the day: only about 48 oz (mostly during workout too... sheesh) did that include the soup? you can count broth type soups as water!!

Totals
1866 calories (good)
fat:carbs:protein (%) = 12:69:19 (pretty good, little low on protein though)

Workout
15 mins cardio
45 mins weight training
Calories burned - about 300

--------------------

Re: The rest of my Report for today!! new
      #162323 - 03/19/05 09:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hello!
Okay, so I exercised for one hour and burned 210 calories. yah!

Lunch: Small white bun with the leftover small piece of meatloaf hehehe and 4 arrowroot cookies.

Dinner: Okay, so I might have been pretty unhappy and comfort eaten.. We went to the Keg for dinner and I had the teriaky chicken and a plain baked potato... safe right?? sould be Especially since I didn't even eat all the chicken. THEN I did the badness.. I have no idea how many calories is in it, but I had a major UFO dessert with Adrian!! Oh, we want details....what was that yummy UFO? hehehe just kidding..you don't have to tell... I'll jsut go look at the menu and drool...LOL
I am hoping that my tummy is okay 'cause of it, I definitely think it may have put me over my calorie budget however.
Okay, well, must concentrate on tomorrow now. I was good the rest of the day today, and exercised so at least I didn't do tooooooo badly. You did do pretty darn good most of the day!
Cheers everyone!!
--Steph

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/18/05- Shell I did the calorie count... new
      #162324 - 03/19/05 09:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

YEAH.... YOU COUNTED THE CALORIES!! Do you know what you "food budget" would be? Do you need help figuring it?
toast and spread - 163 calories, 2 points
coffee (I know!) and whitener - 63 calories, 1 point
McDonald's Chicken Oriental Salad with grilled chicken - 7 points, 280 calories
1 cup strawberries and 1 tsp sugar - 1 point, 62 calories
chicken breast - 4 points, 231 calories
1 cup of rice - 4 points, 205 calories
1/2 cup grilled oriental vegetables - 1 point, 214
snitches of daughter's fries - 1 point 100 calories
swallow of soy milk - 1 point.100 calories just a swallow? 100 cal should be close to 8oz...
Total: 22 points and 1418 calories.
2 activity pointes earned - 45 minutes cardio done.

Looks like you had a really good day from what I can see....how much water did you get?

--------------------

#162325 - 03/19/05 09:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi Shell, HI!
You know, there is a place near me that does Bikram yoga and I have been toying with the idea for ages.. I think the part that appeals to me is that it seems like such a toxin-releasing thing to do when you sweat so much! YES... it was GREAT... but once it was over, I could not wait to get home and shower....I was SOAKED!!
Let us know how you are feeling today so I know what to expect if I do give it a try! See my report in 3/19/05 The only downside is that it is like $17 a class! so I can't _really_ afford it until I get a job. Yea, it is $15 here....but the first one was FREE!! hehehe

Congrats on another week without any weight gain!! thanks! You have been doing SO AWESOME that I bet some of the difference MUST be added muscle and fat burning away. I hope so...
And holy moly on the water intake!! Was that all from the yoga? You must have sweated a whole lot of it out though, eh? Yes, I was told to be WELL hydrated before and then drink lots of water after class too.
You're doing a terrific job, keep up the good work!!!
***hugs*** (well, after you've changed out of the soaking wet clothes, hee hee) LOL... your so funny!!
--Steph

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review