All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight gain
      #161587 - 03/17/05 02:38 PM
Ree

Reged: 03/17/05

hi everyone, new member to the board, but LONG-TIME suffering IBS. Just started the IBS diet recommendations and I am finding that I am gaining weight! HELP! Did anyone find that there is an adjustment period to this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight gain new
      #161595 - 03/17/05 02:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I didn't find that I had an adjustment period. The key to this diet - ANY diet, actually - is to pay attention to portion sizes (it's easy to eat too much!), and be sure to be as active as you can. It does get a little easier when you stabilize a bit and you can eat more vegetables. I've successfully maintained my weight for a while now, and of course there's lots of us on here who have lost weight on the IBS diet.

Good luck... and welcome!

#161600 - 03/17/05 03:21 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

If you generally have to watch your weight then go easy on the high calorie safe food. I lost weight before I started the diet and maintained it for 8 months (total loss 20lbs, I weigh 133) until I started cheating, when I put some back on (5 lbs) but I am watching what I eat at the moment to bring it back down.

Are you stable? If so do like Casey says and have fruits and veggies to fill up!

--------------------
S.

#161665 - 03/17/05 05:51 PM
Ree

Reged: 03/17/05

thank you for the info. I love fresh fruits and vegtables.....but they don't love me! I guess I'am in a bad cycle right now and need to stabilize. rice for now. ree

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review