All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OK, I'm at a loss.....
      #161357 - 03/17/05 05:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This weigh in I was UP. So of 4 weeks of starvation and counting points I'm less then a pound under my starting weight. I don't get it. I count my points, and I'm honest about them, I'm doing my exercise and I get nothing in return. What's going on? Why is this not working for me? I'm trying so hard and I'm getting nothing in return. Is it simply that I need to reduce my intake? I just don't get it. This is so frustrating. I already feel like I'm starving myself - what more does it take? I feel so discouraged right now. It's really hard to try at something and have nothing to show for it. I feel awful. Is it the medication that's preventing me from losing?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OK, I'm at a loss..... new
      #161371 - 03/17/05 06:09 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Don't give up. Think how much better exercise can make you feel (endorphins etc) and how much healthier your body will be.

I read in a mag today that it is better to be overweight and exercise/eat healthily than be stick thin through dieting and no exercise. Makes sense - we weren't born to be sedentary creatures.

It's supposed to take at least 3 months for exercise to kick in and you might be putting on muscle (hence the lack of weight loss).

Good luck

#161433 - 03/17/05 09:50 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This weigh in I was UP. So of 4 weeks of starvation and counting points I'm less then a pound under my starting weight. I don't get it. I count my points, and I'm honest about them, I'm doing my exercise and I get nothing in return. What's going on? Why is this not working for me? I'm trying so hard and I'm getting nothing in return. Is it simply that I need to reduce my intake? I just don't get it. This is so frustrating. I already feel like I'm starving myself - what more does it take? I feel so discouraged right now. It's really hard to try at something and have nothing to show for it. I feel awful. Is it the medication that's preventing me from losing?

This is what I would like to see you do for the next week... work with me here....

Not only count your WW points, but also start counting calories.... then lets figure out your BMR etc... lets just make sure that you are eating ENOUGH and not really starving your body... that will NOT help you. If you don't know how to figure out your BMR you can email me with your age, current weight, height, and your goal weight and a date of when you would like to be there,...to Shell1970@aol.com and I'll do the math for you and email it back so you know. I know this will mean a lot of extra work for you... but lets try there... deal?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#161503 - 03/17/05 11:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Deal. Where's that online calorie counter?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#161523 - 03/17/05 12:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Deal. Where's that online calorie counter?

Here ya go.... www.calorieking.com

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review