All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161981 - 03/18/05 04:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Hmmm...St. Paddy's day has passed me by. I'll save my Irish UFOs for the Dublin trip! sounds like a good plan!

Today...Hmmm.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana. 2 glasses water. Rooisbos with soy milk.

Snacks: 2 pears. Pumpkin seeds. 2 1/2 ADBs - bad afternoon. 2 cups Rooibos. 2 glasses water.

Lunch: Veggie soup. 2 slices bread with a little soy marg. you know...I'm really enjoying soups myself these days...

Dinner: Chinese! UUmm.. I'd kill for some deep fried almond chicken smothered in sauce!! LOL JUST KIDDING.... (no really I would)...hehehe

So I think I'm down on water and up on veggies . better then being up on crap!!

Need to start counting calories again soon. Today was a very tired day...hence the ADBs hehehe hope you day is better... ... very VERY bad.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so excited I have to make 2 posts a day new
      #161982 - 03/18/05 04:05 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

breakfast: cream of wheat and toast- no raisins 450 cals.
snack: 2 bananas and luna bar 380 cals.
lunch: (pretty proud) diced sweet potato, with an egg beater omelet with mushroom, tomato and soy cheese which was gross. I really filled myself up with it! 335 cals or so. it all sounds good to me!!
water 50 oz so far
exercise: did crunches and ball exercises first thing. Walked a little. Going down to exercise now. I am really bloated after lunch and with my "friend" and so I need to burn it out. go burn it up!! wwooohhooo!!

--------------------

Re: Reporting in and St Patrick's Day new
      #161983 - 03/18/05 04:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have NEVER had green beer!!- its a foreign thing- I have never seen it over here on St Patrick's Day only in France (that's the only country other than Ireland I have ever been for the day itself)

I have also NEVER had cornbeef and cabbage! I have had cornbeef cold in sandwiches but dont know anyone who has it for dinner! We have boiled bacon (a joint of it) with cabbage and turnip and mashed potato and white sauce...yummmeee!

That is just too funny...that you don't have those things there!!

I didn't do anything festive today, used it as a recovery day with P. We went for a lovely long walk by the beach as it was a gloriously mild and sunny day and we had good chats about the weddding etc..anyway...

My unfestive report:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy chocolate milk again yum!!

Lunch: Wrap with Tuna, RF mayo, sweetcorn are those the little tiny ones in a can usually sold in the Asian section of the store near the bamboo shoots? , tomato

Dinner: Prawn Stirfy with corn, spinach, peppers, beansprouts, bamboo shoots and mushroom onion brown rice a very big helping

Dessert: Some Babyfood fruit compote

Snacks Some freshly squeezed orange juice after our long walk
Luna Bar
Water: 95 oz so far (my goal is 70) WWooohhooooooo

Activites: LOTS today- we walked about 3 miles by the beach, I ironed for an hour and hoovered LOL...I got a kick out of this... you mean what I call vaccuming? for 15 minutes.
Calories burned through activities: 318

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED: 1808

BMR 2320 plus 318 activities= 2638. I consumed 1808 calories so have a surplus of 830

Health update: I am going back to work tomorrow! I have 5 more antibs to take but I am soo much better! Oh, good!!

Finally, I am so proud of myself today as my eating choices have given me my best results ever on the nutritional info report on fitday..the only one I haven't made my RDA on today is Calcium and I still got 92% RDA(I KNOW this is important so I am going to get a supplement)
Yay! very cool...I'm proud of ya!!

Next week will be a LOT different as I go back to work properly though...be strong Sinéad....be strong... Yes, be strong!!

--------------------

Re: My beer-free but still pretty crappy report new
      #161984 - 03/18/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: spinach-mushroom omelet & 2 slices toast w/ lite margarine
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, lemon cake, junior mints
Dinner: lemongrass-ginger ramen w/ vegetables
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz

Great job!!

Food & drinks total: 1953
Fruits & veggies: peaches, spinach, banana, carrots, green beans = 5

Activity: nothin'

Not spectacular... but I actually did a lot better than I thought I was going to do. I'm already depressed about how my life is going right now, and then I'm PMS'ing on top of that, and then Adam and I fought all day on top of THAT. At one point I completely flipped out... went to the kitchen, ate 2 servings of honeycomb, 2 slices of lemon cake, and a box of Junior Mints, one after the other. Not surprisingly, I felt like hell after that, and all I could do was sleep it off. Oh sweetie....I wish I could help you out more... it makes me so sad to see you like this....

I'm still upset, but so far, I'm restraining myself from any more stupid emotional binge-eating.

--------------------

Re: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #161985 - 03/18/05 04:15 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had a cold. It went away. Awful cold sores. Still have em Then came the UTI AND sinus probs.

But I GOT BACK on track. I'm eating right again (had a bit of a lapse) AND I exsercised for 40 mins SO FAR today (havn't done anything in at least 2 weeks!) wwwooohhhhooo...this is GREAT!!

16 mins biking, 5 or more marching in place, 5 or more dancing/aerobic style, the rest I HOLA HOOPED and used it as a jump rope intermittenly! COOL!!

I need variety WITHIN my 40 mins! LOL I just got bored on the bike and decided...there are no rules. Why not mix things up abit. I had a BLAST! great attitude... make it fun!!

Oh...on the bike I read. I treated myself to Prvention Mag, Women's World, AND a new book *eyes light up* (I LOVE reading and rarely get new books!) I bought "French Women Never Get Fat" Anyone read it? So far I just started it...but I like it already.

Food so far today :

1 half golden delicious apple
4 small dried apricot pieces
Almost 400 calories worth veggie meal
2.5 oz. salmon
1 cup tomato soup (90 calories or so)
1 corn think (24 calories)
Stuffed peppers (300 calories...loads ofoil tho!)

I feel GOOD!

Ooh..and bought myself a hooded shirt at WalMart....and I bought myself some Smart Water I need to get me some of this... does it really make you smarter? hehehe just playing!! (splurge!)

AND I only spent $150 total on groceries INCLUDING the mags and the new book!

I'm REACHING my goals! *yeah!* I'm so proud of you.... keep it up!!

Happy day!

--------------------

Re: Checking in new
      #161986 - 03/18/05 04:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Breakfast and lunch were the same as the last two days. Dinner went downhill from there. I put my rabbit to sleep today. My vet would not work with me on spacing out the payments. With my husband and myself both being out if work, surgery for the rabbit was not possible. I loved him, he was only four years old. I'm so sorry.... take care of YOU! {{HUGS}}

--------------------

Re: second half of day post new
      #161987 - 03/18/05 04:18 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Tidied basement and spasmed my back/hip really bad. I exercised anyway as I don't work again for a week and so would have time to recover. Did 50 minutes bike. wOW....you did get a nice workout in there...
Dinner: turkey, blue ****** wraps with pears, walnuts, craisins and greens. Had fiber tea during dinner. 600 cals (that seems high! but got totals at Calorie king.)
Dessert: sorbet 100 cals

Total cals: 1865 not as good as yesterday
fruit & veg: 7
water/tea 70+ oz good

I have a therma care wrap on my back right now and I know this spasming thing goes away pretty easily. Tomorrow is last rehab session.
Ack! I had one ADB today too. that's ok... at least you did not eat the whole pan!!

--------------------

#161989 - 03/18/05 04:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - Oatmeal w/ maple syrup and rice milk, jar of baby food pears hahaha... your gonna have to share that soon!! lol
Lunch - leftover spaghetti sauce over linguini
Snack - grapes and chips
Snack - pretzels
Dinner - grilled chicken breast and fries (I went out to eat and everything I ordered came back wrong... I ended up eating waffle fries and I wish I didn't ) oh, that sucks!
Water - at least 80oz good girl!
Evening Snack - 1/2 grapefruit

--------------------

#161990 - 03/18/05 04:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
Here is my Report for today:
Exercise: 30 minute elliptical and 10 minutes weight lifting = 181 calories burned. good!!

Food Budget = 1390 calories.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna bar and half a can of peaches (in juice, but drained) = 230 calories

Lunch: Turkey sandwich from subway = 331 calories

Dinner: Shell's Turkey Meatloaf (OH MY GOD, it was SOO good!!! I thought it would be good, but didn't think it would be THAT good! I was SO impressed, I am so happy I tried it - I will DEFINITELY make it again, it came out totally perfect!!) Oh, I'm soooo glad you liked it!! 2 servings! with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus = ??? I need some help here 'cause I dunno how many are in either the potatoes OR the meatloaf!! I replied to your other thread about this....

Total of... 561 calories + Dinner??
Dunno!
Water: Met my 80 oz goal! COOL!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

#161992 - 03/18/05 04:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Oh god I'm not even going to tell you what I ate today... today was a really rough day. I was up all last night madly trying to get my thesis paper done, which didn't happen, so I was in the library all day madly trying to get it done, which eventually did happen :P Thank goodness... Drank loads of water because that's all they'll let you bring in there. I was massively hungry all day but just kept snacking on rice cakes and bagels I had stashed with me (covertly so the librarians wouldn't see me, lol). LOL

When I got home late and starving, Andrew (my bf) had made me this delicious pasta dish - he's so sweet! It totally made me feel better after a very stressful day. what a sweetheart!!

Anyway, that's done with now so tomorrow will be better. Going to try to get a decent amount of sleep tonight to make up for last night and then hit the gym + yoga tomorrow morning. Good luck!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 70049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review