All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/16/05
      #160911 - 03/15/05 09:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/16 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/16/05 new
      #160948 - 03/16/05 05:49 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm cutting calories! The plan for the next month is have more than 500 less than I burn each day. Right?! Seriously I am cutting little things and upping the length of workouts. I have today and Friday left of rehab and then I won't be wasting over an hour driving there and I can use that time to exercise. I am also trying to get my body in shape to possibly ride again but I am not sure my hip can handle it.
So far today:
had to have 1 bite brownie in the night with some advil (still had leg cramps) along with light soy milk
B: cream of wheat and toast but no raisins (upped SFS 1/4t or so) Cals (including brown sugar) 450.
Exercise so far: crunches, ball work, arm curls

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#160959 - 03/16/05 06:07 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I'm finally back. Its been a bit of a wierd week and the depression and anxiety has come back in force, not helped by the fact that I have no money and no work.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Mushroom soup and homemade carrot and fennel bread
Dinner - Pasta and rocket pesto
Snacks - Chocolate and lots of it!(it's that time of the month)

Exercise - 45 mins fast walk with dog, mowed the lawn and 45 mins aqua aerobics.

Not too bad so far, but I'd be surprised if a few more snacks didn't creep in there.

#160989 - 03/16/05 07:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Breakfast: Crunchy Nut (the last of my last box as I go into sugar cut-down) with soy milk and Acacia. Glass of fresh OJ. 2 glasses water.

Lunch: Slice of toast with Tuna Mayo and Cucumber. Slice of toast with veggie yeast pate. Cup of Rooibos with soy milk (does this count towards my water intake? ).

Snacks: Cup of Rooibos with soy milk. ADB - made a bath for a SG meeting on Monday and have leftovers . 2 glasses of water. Ripe Pear (I'm ok with the skin on pears for some reason).

So fruit and veg wise, I'm doing good. Water total so far is 1.5 litres (51 fl. oz) without the Rooibos.

#161174 - 03/16/05 01:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

1 serving oatmeal- instant
1 can of hearty tomato soup from progresso (nothing unsafe!)
several mini pitas that were stale broken up in it
1 muffin with acacia in it

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy!

I need to call the docs and the pharmacy!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#161181 - 03/16/05 01:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Here's my report:

Breakfast: small bowl of rice krispies with chocolate soy milk

Lunch: turkey bacon sandwich (toasted) with mayo, cucumber and tomato

Dinner Sausage & Rice Skillet
I modified a little and added mushroom and used chicken stock cube instead of chicken broth, it turned out sooo yummy, we both had HUGE helpings
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- Smores luna bar

Water: 80 oz
Total Calories: 1497 (BMR: 2320) so well within budget

Activities: I did two loads of laundry and hung one out. No afternoon nap either today.

Health wise I feel way way better today, tomorrow we have off work because of St Patrick's Day but I am going to go in on Friday.

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (03/16/05 04:13 PM)

updated report new
      #161264 - 03/16/05 04:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy!

Amie

added 1 aleeve to my zomig per the doc- with a luna bar.. and it helped a ton... also have eaten 2 pieces of chocolate choco chip banana bread and some hummus and pita since I posted earlier. Will have a baked apple with my fiber later.. still under on calories for the day but since I didn't eat ANYTHING until noon, not bad.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#161295 - 03/16/05 07:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: spinach omelet & herbed baked potatoes
Snacks: applesauce bread, honeycomb, banana, toast w/ jelly, lemon cake
Dinner: stirfry over rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz

Food & drinks total: 1808
Fruits & veggies: 8 or so

Activity:
walking, laundry -280

#161318 - 03/16/05 08:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

So I pretty much ate the same thing yesterday and today since I pretty much eat the same things every day except for dinner... but we went out for dinner with my parents last night(the Keg, the only safe option I know in town right now and sooo good!) and I brought home half my salmon (I resisted eating the whole thing!), which I had tonight. So it was...

Breakfast
English muffin, oatmeal with applesauce & almonds, scrambled egg whites

Lunch
Soup with bread, apple

Snack
Melba toast with hummus

Dinner
Salmon and baked potato (plus some bread before dinner at the restaurant yesterday) - oh the salmon at the Keg is sooooo good, it's baked on a cedar plank...mmmmmmm!

Snack
Bagel & cup of soymilk

Totals (pretty much the same yesterday and today so I'll just write the averages)

Calories: 2050 (too high )
About 10:70:20 for fat:carbs:protein (good)
Water: not enough about 1.5 L probably both days (uh, about 50 oz I think)
Fruits & Veggies (copying you Casey, it's a good goal! ): 5

Exercise: lots of running around campus today, but nothing beyond that... l I was supposed to do yoga and cardio today but my sister was staying with us last night so getting up early to go to that wasn't a good option, and, more importantly, I have a huge thesis paper due tomorrow that is taking up all my time today - which I should be working on right now...

New goals are to cut down on calories a little, to about 1700-1800 as an upper limit. (Today and yesterday were kind of high; I usally average around 1900) and to NOT SKIP WORKOUTS! The real goal behind all that is to drop my body fat percentage a little and gain some lean muscle mass maybe it its place. I don't really want or need to lose weight, but I would like to cut a little for summer. My body fat percentage right now is 21%, so I'd only like to drop it 1 or 2 points.

Ok that's it for me! Back to writing, it's going to be an all-nighter for sure... sigh... :P

#161323 - 03/16/05 08:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick Sorry for you Amie!
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head This reminds me of Ferris Bueller! waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

Amie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review