All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/16/05
      #160911 - 03/15/05 09:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/16 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/16/05 new
      #160948 - 03/16/05 05:49 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm cutting calories! The plan for the next month is have more than 500 less than I burn each day. Right?! Seriously I am cutting little things and upping the length of workouts. I have today and Friday left of rehab and then I won't be wasting over an hour driving there and I can use that time to exercise. I am also trying to get my body in shape to possibly ride again but I am not sure my hip can handle it.
So far today:
had to have 1 bite brownie in the night with some advil (still had leg cramps) along with light soy milk
B: cream of wheat and toast but no raisins (upped SFS 1/4t or so) Cals (including brown sugar) 450.
Exercise so far: crunches, ball work, arm curls

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#160959 - 03/16/05 06:07 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I'm finally back. Its been a bit of a wierd week and the depression and anxiety has come back in force, not helped by the fact that I have no money and no work.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Mushroom soup and homemade carrot and fennel bread
Dinner - Pasta and rocket pesto
Snacks - Chocolate and lots of it!(it's that time of the month)

Exercise - 45 mins fast walk with dog, mowed the lawn and 45 mins aqua aerobics.

Not too bad so far, but I'd be surprised if a few more snacks didn't creep in there.

#160989 - 03/16/05 07:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Breakfast: Crunchy Nut (the last of my last box as I go into sugar cut-down) with soy milk and Acacia. Glass of fresh OJ. 2 glasses water.

Lunch: Slice of toast with Tuna Mayo and Cucumber. Slice of toast with veggie yeast pate. Cup of Rooibos with soy milk (does this count towards my water intake? ).

Snacks: Cup of Rooibos with soy milk. ADB - made a bath for a SG meeting on Monday and have leftovers . 2 glasses of water. Ripe Pear (I'm ok with the skin on pears for some reason).

So fruit and veg wise, I'm doing good. Water total so far is 1.5 litres (51 fl. oz) without the Rooibos.

#161174 - 03/16/05 01:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

1 serving oatmeal- instant
1 can of hearty tomato soup from progresso (nothing unsafe!)
several mini pitas that were stale broken up in it
1 muffin with acacia in it

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy!

I need to call the docs and the pharmacy!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#161181 - 03/16/05 01:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Here's my report:

Breakfast: small bowl of rice krispies with chocolate soy milk

Lunch: turkey bacon sandwich (toasted) with mayo, cucumber and tomato

Dinner Sausage & Rice Skillet
I modified a little and added mushroom and used chicken stock cube instead of chicken broth, it turned out sooo yummy, we both had HUGE helpings
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- Smores luna bar

Water: 80 oz
Total Calories: 1497 (BMR: 2320) so well within budget

Activities: I did two loads of laundry and hung one out. No afternoon nap either today.

Health wise I feel way way better today, tomorrow we have off work because of St Patrick's Day but I am going to go in on Friday.

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (03/16/05 04:13 PM)

updated report new
      #161264 - 03/16/05 04:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy!

Amie

added 1 aleeve to my zomig per the doc- with a luna bar.. and it helped a ton... also have eaten 2 pieces of chocolate choco chip banana bread and some hummus and pita since I posted earlier. Will have a baked apple with my fiber later.. still under on calories for the day but since I didn't eat ANYTHING until noon, not bad.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#161295 - 03/16/05 07:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: spinach omelet & herbed baked potatoes
Snacks: applesauce bread, honeycomb, banana, toast w/ jelly, lemon cake
Dinner: stirfry over rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz

Food & drinks total: 1808
Fruits & veggies: 8 or so

Activity:
walking, laundry -280

#161318 - 03/16/05 08:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

So I pretty much ate the same thing yesterday and today since I pretty much eat the same things every day except for dinner... but we went out for dinner with my parents last night(the Keg, the only safe option I know in town right now and sooo good!) and I brought home half my salmon (I resisted eating the whole thing!), which I had tonight. So it was...

Breakfast
English muffin, oatmeal with applesauce & almonds, scrambled egg whites

Lunch
Soup with bread, apple

Snack
Melba toast with hummus

Dinner
Salmon and baked potato (plus some bread before dinner at the restaurant yesterday) - oh the salmon at the Keg is sooooo good, it's baked on a cedar plank...mmmmmmm!

Snack
Bagel & cup of soymilk

Totals (pretty much the same yesterday and today so I'll just write the averages)

Calories: 2050 (too high )
About 10:70:20 for fat:carbs:protein (good)
Water: not enough about 1.5 L probably both days (uh, about 50 oz I think)
Fruits & Veggies (copying you Casey, it's a good goal! ): 5

Exercise: lots of running around campus today, but nothing beyond that... l I was supposed to do yoga and cardio today but my sister was staying with us last night so getting up early to go to that wasn't a good option, and, more importantly, I have a huge thesis paper due tomorrow that is taking up all my time today - which I should be working on right now...

New goals are to cut down on calories a little, to about 1700-1800 as an upper limit. (Today and yesterday were kind of high; I usally average around 1900) and to NOT SKIP WORKOUTS! The real goal behind all that is to drop my body fat percentage a little and gain some lean muscle mass maybe it its place. I don't really want or need to lose weight, but I would like to cut a little for summer. My body fat percentage right now is 21%, so I'd only like to drop it 1 or 2 points.

Ok that's it for me! Back to writing, it's going to be an all-nighter for sure... sigh... :P

#161323 - 03/16/05 08:24 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick Sorry for you Amie!
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head This reminds me of Ferris Bueller! waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water...

since then:

Amie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

help me figure things out new
      #161326 - 03/16/05 08:38 PM
Little Minnie

So I am really on the ball now. I am quite motivated.
Snacks: 2 bananas,(200) luna bar (180)
Lunch: 1/2 piece deli turkey (20?), carrots (80), orange (70) pistachios (75).
Dinner: 1 fajita (300?) 2 ADB (cals??? maybe 200?) cool whip (10)
water and tea: good
Exercise: 40 minutes weights and 40 minutes treadmill (it said 250 cals but this might not be accurate) total cals 493 burned.
Rest of day: not extremely active, was sitting some and walking some too.
WOOHOO. Got calculator out and it came to....1485 cals eaten and 493 burned with workout and all around an excellent day!!!

--------------------

#161331 - 03/16/05 09:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Alright, here we go with the not giving up and rather Reporting in like normal.

Exercise: None. I ran around from one thing to another today and barely got a chance to eat in between errands, but most of 'em were in my car for fair periods of time so I can't even count my 'running around' as actual running around.
Food Budget: 1209

Breakfast: Key Lime Pie Luna Bar and Applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Subway 6" turkey sandwich on white bread with easy light mayo and sweet onion sauce, some lettuce and tomatoes = 331 calories

Dinner: Baked potato with 1tsp ICBINB with half a tin of tuna 1/2 tbsp of ultra light mayo = 337 calories

Snack: Handful of jellybeans and 4 arrowroot cookies = 240 calories

For a total of... 1181 - within my calorie budget!
Mind you, I am totally hungry now so I might try and find a snack that is low cal later... I am out of applesauce, maybe a ricecake or something.
Thanks for the support all!!
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#161336 - 03/16/05 10:04 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 1303 calories 12 minutes on Elliptical ,then 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2442 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

I posted about training in my 3/15/05 report, here it is......

Quote:

*Trainer (Heather) checked my bodyfat percentage... since May 28, 2004 I have gone down 7.4% .... I'm still considered "unhealthy" but not for long baby...not for long!! I'm also going to be talking with her about doing so HARD CORE one on one kicking my @$$ sessions with her....she is NOT cheap...she gets paid LOTS more then the other trainers there. For example.... with any other trainer there at the gym I could today walk in and get 5 sessions for $75....but with Heather... 10 sessions is gonna cost me $500-600 ($50-60 PER session)....But I think it will really be worth it. I will let ya all know what happens with that

Both Shane & I are going to start with her in a few weeks.... I'm very exited about this!!

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 352 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna in water w/RF Mayo and Pickle, 1 Mini ADB Bite & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 774 calories 10 Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, 1 Mini ADB Bite, 5 UFO's, 4 rolls Smarties, Banana & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 521 calories BIG Bowl of Smoky Turkey Noodle & Veggie Soup & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1836.25 calories

Total Water intake SO FAR = 88 oz

I WILL have UFO w/water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 2086.25 .....still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#161366 - 03/17/05 05:51 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Three cheers for Shell for her bodyfat report!!!

Stephie - (I am Stef too BTW ) glad to hear you are back on track - you can do it!!! as they would say in "Waterboy."

Here's Wednesday:

Breakfast 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk topped w/dried cherries, OJ w/fiber, mint tea
Snack apple, coffee w/works
Lunch Same veggie/hummus wrap as yesterday, dried cherries, mint tea
Snack Nature valley chewy trail mix bar
Dinner Same chicken fajita w/the fixins as yesterday
Dessert MORE dried cherries - definitly exceeded my limit on those today

Excercise just some excercises on the ball and some crunches. Foot is more sore today.

Water ~70oz

Also weighed myself yesterday - holding steady at 138.75 lbs. Maybe it was the bridal show that set me back, or maybe this is another reason to try harder to give up the coffee!

Also, I have decided to buy a house/condo! I have been planning to move out of my apt at the end of this month, but until yesterday I didn't know if I'd move to a different apt or save to buy. I'll have to stay w/my parents for a few months to save but in the end I think it'll be worth it

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#161415 - 03/17/05 09:00 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm cutting calories! The plan for the next month is have more than 500 less than I burn each day. Right?! yep... Seriously I am cutting little things and upping the length of workouts. I have today and Friday left of rehab and then I won't be wasting over an hour driving there and I can use that time to exercise. that will help... I am also trying to get my body in shape to possibly ride again but I am not sure my hip can handle it. baby steps..
So far today:
had to have 1 bite brownie in the night with some advil (still had leg cramps) eat a banana w/water....sounds like your dehydrated along with light soy milk
B: cream of wheat and toast but no raisins (upped SFS 1/4t or so) Cals (including brown sugar) 450.
Exercise so far: crunches, ball work, arm curls YEAH!!

--------------------

#161418 - 03/17/05 09:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm finally back. Its been a bit of a wierd week and the depression and anxiety has come back in force, not helped by the fact that I have no money and no work. I'm sorry your having such a hard time...

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Mushroom soup and homemade carrot and fennel bread Oh, that sounds interesting..can you share the recipe?
Dinner - Pasta and rocket pesto
Snacks - Chocolate and lots of it!(it's that time of the month) LOL I hear ya...that will be me in a few days...I think I just need to ask the people at the gym to lock me in there...so I will just workout instead of pig out!! LOL

Exercise - 45 mins fast walk with dog, mowed the lawn that can be some hard work!! and 45 mins aqua aerobics.

Not too bad so far, but I'd be surprised if a few more snacks didn't creep in there. lol

--------------------

#161419 - 03/17/05 09:06 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: Crunchy Nut (the last of my last box as I go into sugar cut-down) with soy milk and Acacia. Glass of fresh OJ. 2 glasses water. great way to start the day!

Lunch: Slice of toast with Tuna Mayo and Cucumber. Slice of toast with veggie yeast pate. Cup of Rooibos with soy milk (does this count towards my water intake? ). No,not the soy milk just clear liquids like tea & broth...so I guess the Rooibos itself would count. If it is coffee (reg or decaf) it would not count.

Snacks: Cup of Rooibos with soy milk. ADB - made a batch for a SG meeting on Monday and have leftovers . 2 glasses of water. Ripe Pear (I'm ok with the skin on pears for some reason).

So fruit and veg wise, I'm doing good. Water total so far is 1.5 litres (51 fl. oz) without the Rooibos.

--------------------

#161420 - 03/17/05 09:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water... Oh, you poor thing....

since then:

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy! I'm glas your a little better...take care of you!!

Amie

--------------------

#161422 - 03/17/05 09:11 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here's my report:

Breakfast: small bowl of rice krispies with chocolate soy milk Oh, I did not think about using choc soy on breakfast cereal... yum!!

Lunch: turkey bacon sandwich (toasted) with mayo, cucumber and tomato

Dinner Sausage & Rice Skillet
I modified a little and added mushroom and used chicken stock cube instead of chicken broth, it turned out sooo yummy, we both had HUGE helpings Yummers.... Bevr's recipe rocks!!
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- Smores luna bar

Water: 80 oz
Total Calories: 1497 (BMR: 2320) so well within budget

Activities: I did two loads of laundry and hung one out. No afternoon nap either today.

Health wise I feel way way better today, tomorrow we have off work because of St Patrick's Day but I am going to go in on Friday. Oh, yes...that WOULD be a off holiday where you live!!

--------------------

#161424 - 03/17/05 09:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: the usual lol
Lunch: spinach omelet & herbed baked potatoes uummmm
Snacks: applesauce bread, honeycomb, banana, toast w/ jelly, lemon cake
Dinner: stirfry over rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz good

Food & drinks total: 1808
Fruits & veggies: 8 or so

Activity:
walking, laundry -280

looks like you had a good day...yes?

--------------------

#161426 - 03/17/05 09:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So I pretty much ate the same thing yesterday and today since I pretty much eat the same things every day except for dinner... but we went out for dinner with my parents last night(the Keg, the only safe option I know in town right now and sooo good!) and I brought home half my salmon (I resisted eating the whole thing!) UUmm...I LOVE the Outback salmon!! , which I had tonight. So it was...

Breakfast
English muffin, oatmeal with applesauce & almonds, scrambled egg whites

Lunch
Soup with bread, apple

Snack
Melba toast with hummus

Dinner
Salmon and baked potato (plus some bread before dinner at the restaurant yesterday) - oh the salmon at the Keg is sooooo good, it's baked on a cedar plank...mmmmmmm! it just melts in your mouth....

Snack
Bagel & cup of soymilk

Totals (pretty much the same yesterday and today so I'll just write the averages)

Calories: 2050 (too high )
About 10:70:20 for fat:carbs:protein (good)
Water: not enough about 1.5 L probably both days (uh, about 50 oz I think)
Fruits & Veggies (copying you Casey, it's a good goal! ): 5

Exercise: lots of running around campus today, but nothing beyond that... l I was supposed to do yoga and cardio today but my sister was staying with us last night so getting up early to go to that wasn't a good option, and, more importantly, I have a huge thesis paper due tomorrow that is taking up all my time today - which I should be working on right now... lol get to it girl!!

New goals are to cut down on calories a little, to about 1700-1800 as an upper limit. (Today and yesterday were kind of high; I usally average around 1900) and to NOT SKIP WORKOUTS! The real goal behind all that is to drop my body fat percentage a little and gain some lean muscle mass maybe in its place. I don't really want or need to lose weight, but I would like to cut a little for summer. My body fat percentage right now is 21%, so I'd only like to drop it 1 or 2 points. Great plan!! BTW..I'd kill to be your percentage!! LOL (someday I tell ya!!)

Ok that's it for me! Back to writing, it's going to be an all-nighter for sure... sigh... :P good luck

--------------------

Re: help me figure things out new
      #161427 - 03/17/05 09:18 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So I am really on the ball now. I am quite motivated.
Snacks: 2 bananas,(200) luna bar (180)
Lunch: 1/2 piece deli turkey (20?), carrots (80), orange (70) pistachios (75).
Dinner: 1 fajita (300?) 2 ADB (cals??? maybe 200?) cool whip (10)
water and tea: good
Exercise: 40 minutes weights and 40 minutes treadmill (it said 250 cals but this might not be accurate) total cals 493 burned.
Rest of day: not extremely active, was sitting some and walking some too.
WOOHOO. Got calculator out and it came to....1485 cals eaten and 493 burned with workout and all around an excellent day!!!

WWWWWOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO..... that is a great day!!

--------------------

#161429 - 03/17/05 09:21 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Alright, here we go with the not giving up and rather Reporting in like normal. I'm SO proud of you for not giving up!!

Exercise: None. I ran around from one thing to another today and barely got a chance to eat in between errands, but most of 'em were in my car for fair periods of time so I can't even count my 'running around' as actual running around. well that sucks..but I'm sure you burned something..
Food Budget: 1209

Breakfast: Key Lime Pie Luna Bar and Applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Subway 6" turkey sandwich on white bread with easy light mayo and sweet onion sauce, some lettuce and tomatoes = 331 calories

Dinner: Baked potato with 1tsp ICBINB with half a tin of tuna 1/2 tbsp of ultra light mayo = 337 calories Great dinner Steph!

Snack: Handful of jellybeans and 4 arrowroot cookies = 240 calories

For a total of... 1181 - within my calorie budget! YAH!!
Mind you, I am totally hungry now so I might try and find a snack that is low cal later... I am out of applesauce, maybe a ricecake or something. yes, don't starve yourself.... you body will store the fat..
Thanks for the support all!! You bet... keep it up.... {{hugs}}
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

#161431 - 03/17/05 09:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Three cheers for Shell for her bodyfat report!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on me!

Stephie - (I am Stef too BTW ) glad to hear you are back on track - you can do it!!! as they would say in "Waterboy."

Here's Wednesday:

Breakfast 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk topped w/dried cherries, OJ w/fiber, mint tea
Snack apple, coffee w/works
Lunch Same veggie/hummus wrap as yesterday, dried cherries, mint tea
Snack Nature valley chewy trail mix bar
Dinner Same chicken fajita w/the fixins as yesterday
Dessert MORE dried cherries - definitly exceeded my limit on those today

Excercise just some excercises on the ball and some crunches. Foot is more sore today. that little bugger needs to heel!!

Water ~70oz

Also weighed myself yesterday - holding steady at 138.75 lbs. Maybe it was the bridal show that set me back, or maybe this is another reason to try harder to give up the coffee! Yes, that works for me...hehehe

Also, I have decided to buy a house/condo! I have been planning to move out of my apt at the end of this month, but until yesterday I didn't know if I'd move to a different apt or save to buy. I'll have to stay w/my parents for a few months to save but in the end I think it'll be worth it Oh, that is SO exciting.... I'm so happy for you!!

--------------------

Bad with numbers...any help for me? new
      #161491 - 03/17/05 11:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm sure they have this on fitday I've just not seen it!

How do you find out your body fat percdentage? If there are lots of numbers involved...is anyone willing to help me figure it out? Thanks *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Shell! new
      #161498 - 03/17/05 11:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You are the best! I was just thinking that you are the PERFECT moderator for this board...you're so helpful and knowledgeable!

So if I count my Rooibos as half a mug of liquids, that'll be erring on the "safe" side. Cool.

Re: Bad with numbers...any help for me? new
      #161502 - 03/17/05 11:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm sure they have this on fitday I've just not seen it!

How do you find out your body fat percdentage? If there are lots of numbers involved...is anyone willing to help me figure it out? Thanks *hugs*

I've only had mine done at the gym with a pair of calipers... I think you can also do it with a mesuring tape too...but I'm not sure how the numbers are figured out.... hopefully someone else can help out here... I just don't know.

--------------------

Re: Thanks Shell! new
      #161508 - 03/17/05 11:43 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You are the best! I was just thinking that you are the PERFECT moderator for this board...you're so helpful and knowledgeable! Thanks!! You just made my day!!

So if I count my Rooibos as half a mug of liquids, that'll be erring on the "safe" side. Cool. way cool!

--------------------

#161509 - 03/17/05 11:44 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yeah, I guess it was a good day... I know I ate enough, but I didn't feel like I did. I'm having a really rough time right now. Today's been a horrible day, I'm sure I'll complain about that later. LOL

#161519 - 03/17/05 11:55 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yeah, I guess it was a good day... I know I ate enough, but I didn't feel like I did. I'm having a really rough time right now. Today's been a horrible day, I'm sure I'll complain about that later. LOL and we will be here to listen and help where we can.

--------------------

#161559 - 03/17/05 01:47 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: small bowl of rice krispies with chocolate soy milk Oh, I did not think about using choc soy on breakfast cereal... yum!! I highly recommend it, its soo yummy

--------------------
S.

#161561 - 03/17/05 01:47 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Sorry this is late:
Breakfast, lunch and snacks were the same as Tuesday. The only difference was dinner. Applebee's Grilled Shrimp Skewer Salad (210 Cal = 4 points). I had this with iced tea/lemon.

Total 1110 = No exercise though

#161652 - 03/17/05 05:17 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

I ended up skipping breakfast again because I didn't feel very well... just in case you're wondering.

Here's the rest of the day:

Lunch - leftover spaghetti sauce over lunguini, green salad with light vinegarette dressing

Snack - grapes and pretzels

Another Snack - UFO

Dinner - kielbasa & potatoes, steamed artichoke

I just barely got enough water in too ... 64oz

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Cool Shell! new
      #161659 - 03/17/05 05:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I've never heard of that before. Too bad I can't afford a gym membership...BUT I am splurging on fitness mags and saving for a DVD! Yippee!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Body fat percentage calculator... new
      #161688 - 03/17/05 07:14 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yup, the *best* way to do it is with those funny fat caliper thingys (your doctor could probably do this too if you don't go to a personal trainer), but failing that you can do it pretty accurately with a measuring tape - make sure you can measure up to .25" and don't do it over clothes. For a basic measurement you measure your stomach, hips and neck. There are lots of sites out there that will calculate this for you but BodyTracker is the best one I've found - plus it gives you a nice chart telling you what's a good range for you to be in (and cute little graphics - lol you'll see!)

It's a really good plan for everyone to get an idea of what their body fat percentage is like - the higher your percentage the fewer calories you should be getting (or need) each day, so if you have a high percentage you may be overestimating your calorie needs. Same goes if you have a particularly low percentage - you may be underestimating. (Note: unless you're in the "overfat" - around 35% - or "lean" - around less than 20% - categories, it's not going to make a very significant difference, but still worth checking out)

That calculator will tell you how many pounds of fat you have on you (lol) and how many pounds of lean mass. Once you get those numbers, swing back here and do this calculation to find out your ideal number of calories:

(using my #s as examples - 122 lbs / 21% body fat)

divide your lean muscle mass by 2.2 to get the figure in kg
96.38lbs / 2.2 = 43.81kg

multiply by 21.6
43.81 x 21.6 = 946.28

add 370
946.28 + 370 = 1316.28 = your BMR!

multipy by activity multiplier!
sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) - 1.2
Lightly Active (light exercise 1-3 days a week) - 1.375
Moderately Active (moderate exercise 3-5 days a week) - 1.55
Very Active - (hard exercise 6-7 days a week) - 1.725
Extra Active - (very hard exercise/training or physically demanding job) - 1.9

So for me, moderately active 946.28 x 1.55 = 2040
This is the number of calories to MAINTAIN your weight

If trying to lose, take off 15-20% of that
If trying to gain, add an additional 15-20%

So if I was trying to lose weight but in no big rush...
2040 x 0.15 = 306
So calorie budget would be everyday (despite exercise as that was included in activity multiplier above) = 1734 calories

And voila!

lol that was probably WAY more than you were asking for... oh well!

Edited by retrograde (03/17/05 07:39 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review