All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
help me figure things out new
      #161326 - 03/16/05 08:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

So I am really on the ball now. I am quite motivated.
Snacks: 2 bananas,(200) luna bar (180)
Lunch: 1/2 piece deli turkey (20?), carrots (80), orange (70) pistachios (75).
Dinner: 1 fajita (300?) 2 ADB (cals??? maybe 200?) cool whip (10)
water and tea: good
Exercise: 40 minutes weights and 40 minutes treadmill (it said 250 cals but this might not be accurate) total cals 493 burned.
Rest of day: not extremely active, was sitting some and walking some too.
WOOHOO. Got calculator out and it came to....1485 cals eaten and 493 burned with workout and all around an excellent day!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/16/05 new
      #161331 - 03/16/05 09:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Alright, here we go with the not giving up and rather Reporting in like normal.

Exercise: None. I ran around from one thing to another today and barely got a chance to eat in between errands, but most of 'em were in my car for fair periods of time so I can't even count my 'running around' as actual running around.
Food Budget: 1209

Breakfast: Key Lime Pie Luna Bar and Applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Subway 6" turkey sandwich on white bread with easy light mayo and sweet onion sauce, some lettuce and tomatoes = 331 calories

Dinner: Baked potato with 1tsp ICBINB with half a tin of tuna 1/2 tbsp of ultra light mayo = 337 calories

Snack: Handful of jellybeans and 4 arrowroot cookies = 240 calories

For a total of... 1181 - within my calorie budget!
Mind you, I am totally hungry now so I might try and find a snack that is low cal later... I am out of applesauce, maybe a ricecake or something.
Thanks for the support all!!
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#161336 - 03/16/05 10:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 1303 calories 12 minutes on Elliptical ,then 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2442 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

I posted about training in my 3/15/05 report, here it is......

Quote:

*Trainer (Heather) checked my bodyfat percentage... since May 28, 2004 I have gone down 7.4% .... I'm still considered "unhealthy" but not for long baby...not for long!! I'm also going to be talking with her about doing so HARD CORE one on one kicking my @$$ sessions with her....she is NOT cheap...she gets paid LOTS more then the other trainers there. For example.... with any other trainer there at the gym I could today walk in and get 5 sessions for $75....but with Heather... 10 sessions is gonna cost me $500-600 ($50-60 PER session)....But I think it will really be worth it. I will let ya all know what happens with that

Both Shane & I are going to start with her in a few weeks.... I'm very exited about this!!

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 352 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna in water w/RF Mayo and Pickle, 1 Mini ADB Bite & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 774 calories 10 Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, 1 Mini ADB Bite, 5 UFO's, 4 rolls Smarties, Banana & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 521 calories BIG Bowl of Smoky Turkey Noodle & Veggie Soup & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1836.25 calories

Total Water intake SO FAR = 88 oz

I WILL have UFO w/water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 2086.25 .....still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#161366 - 03/17/05 05:51 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Three cheers for Shell for her bodyfat report!!!

Stephie - (I am Stef too BTW ) glad to hear you are back on track - you can do it!!! as they would say in "Waterboy."

Here's Wednesday:

Breakfast 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk topped w/dried cherries, OJ w/fiber, mint tea
Snack apple, coffee w/works
Lunch Same veggie/hummus wrap as yesterday, dried cherries, mint tea
Snack Nature valley chewy trail mix bar
Dinner Same chicken fajita w/the fixins as yesterday
Dessert MORE dried cherries - definitly exceeded my limit on those today

Excercise just some excercises on the ball and some crunches. Foot is more sore today.

Water ~70oz

Also weighed myself yesterday - holding steady at 138.75 lbs. Maybe it was the bridal show that set me back, or maybe this is another reason to try harder to give up the coffee!

Also, I have decided to buy a house/condo! I have been planning to move out of my apt at the end of this month, but until yesterday I didn't know if I'd move to a different apt or save to buy. I'll have to stay w/my parents for a few months to save but in the end I think it'll be worth it

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#161415 - 03/17/05 09:00 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm cutting calories! The plan for the next month is have more than 500 less than I burn each day. Right?! yep... Seriously I am cutting little things and upping the length of workouts. I have today and Friday left of rehab and then I won't be wasting over an hour driving there and I can use that time to exercise. that will help... I am also trying to get my body in shape to possibly ride again but I am not sure my hip can handle it. baby steps..
So far today:
had to have 1 bite brownie in the night with some advil (still had leg cramps) eat a banana w/water....sounds like your dehydrated along with light soy milk
B: cream of wheat and toast but no raisins (upped SFS 1/4t or so) Cals (including brown sugar) 450.
Exercise so far: crunches, ball work, arm curls YEAH!!

--------------------

#161418 - 03/17/05 09:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm finally back. Its been a bit of a wierd week and the depression and anxiety has come back in force, not helped by the fact that I have no money and no work. I'm sorry your having such a hard time...

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Mushroom soup and homemade carrot and fennel bread Oh, that sounds interesting..can you share the recipe?
Dinner - Pasta and rocket pesto
Snacks - Chocolate and lots of it!(it's that time of the month) LOL I hear ya...that will be me in a few days...I think I just need to ask the people at the gym to lock me in there...so I will just workout instead of pig out!! LOL

Exercise - 45 mins fast walk with dog, mowed the lawn that can be some hard work!! and 45 mins aqua aerobics.

Not too bad so far, but I'd be surprised if a few more snacks didn't creep in there. lol

--------------------

#161419 - 03/17/05 09:06 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: Crunchy Nut (the last of my last box as I go into sugar cut-down) with soy milk and Acacia. Glass of fresh OJ. 2 glasses water. great way to start the day!

Lunch: Slice of toast with Tuna Mayo and Cucumber. Slice of toast with veggie yeast pate. Cup of Rooibos with soy milk (does this count towards my water intake? ). No,not the soy milk just clear liquids like tea & broth...so I guess the Rooibos itself would count. If it is coffee (reg or decaf) it would not count.

Snacks: Cup of Rooibos with soy milk. ADB - made a batch for a SG meeting on Monday and have leftovers . 2 glasses of water. Ripe Pear (I'm ok with the skin on pears for some reason).

So fruit and veg wise, I'm doing good. Water total so far is 1.5 litres (51 fl. oz) without the Rooibos.

--------------------

#161420 - 03/17/05 09:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

no exercise again
called in sick
spent half the day in bed with a towel around my head waiting on the doc to call in more migraine meds.. nothing but water... Oh, you poor thing....

since then:

1 serving oatmeal- instant
1 can of hearty tomato soup from progresso (nothing unsafe!)
several mini pitas that were stale broken up in it
1 muffin with acacia in it

2 doses of zomig and I'm much better then I was.. still slightly acky, but functional achy! I'm glas your a little better...take care of you!!

I need to call the docs and the pharmacy!

Amie

--------------------

#161422 - 03/17/05 09:11 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here's my report:

Breakfast: small bowl of rice krispies with chocolate soy milk Oh, I did not think about using choc soy on breakfast cereal... yum!!

Lunch: turkey bacon sandwich (toasted) with mayo, cucumber and tomato

Dinner Sausage & Rice Skillet
I modified a little and added mushroom and used chicken stock cube instead of chicken broth, it turned out sooo yummy, we both had HUGE helpings Yummers.... Bevr's recipe rocks!!
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- Smores luna bar

Water: 80 oz
Total Calories: 1497 (BMR: 2320) so well within budget

Activities: I did two loads of laundry and hung one out. No afternoon nap either today.

Health wise I feel way way better today, tomorrow we have off work because of St Patrick's Day but I am going to go in on Friday. Oh, yes...that WOULD be a off holiday where you live!!

--------------------

#161424 - 03/17/05 09:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: the usual lol
Lunch: spinach omelet & herbed baked potatoes uummmm
Snacks: applesauce bread, honeycomb, banana, toast w/ jelly, lemon cake
Dinner: stirfry over rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz good

Food & drinks total: 1808
Fruits & veggies: 8 or so

Activity:
walking, laundry -280

looks like you had a good day...yes?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review