All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
over eating
      #160826 - 03/15/05 04:03 PM
mugsey

Reged: 03/15/05

I am new to the website and I am truly very frustrated with finding a way to eat and exercise. I find that I am overeating because everything hurts I might as well stuff myself and eat what ever I want. After I do that I get tired and I want to sleep. I am not over wieght by other people's opinion, but I feel like Living with ibs and crohn's disease has made me develope an eatiing disorder. I just can't seem to motivate myself to eat properly and workout. I think that I am so depressed and in pain the only thing I find comfort in is sleeping. Does anyone have any advise for me?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: over eating new
      #160987 - 03/16/05 07:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Get an a-d! Made a hell of a difference to me...there is no need to suffer depression without help these days!

And try to remember that over-eating is actually an IBS-trigger! SO by doing that, you'll be making yourself worse. Snacking helps me, as does drinking 1 or 2 glasses of water before a meal.

Re: over eating new
      #161067 - 03/16/05 10:06 AM
UIDancer

Reged: 03/16/05

I went through the exact same thing back in December. I never had an eating disorder before, but with the anxiety of moving to a new city, leaving friends and family, and my IBS being worse than ever before, I started to over-eat when I would get home from work. I would pig out, feel guilty about it, and sometimes purge afterward. It was a vicious cycle because of course my IBS was out of control after eating a huge meal like that. This went on for about 3 weeks before I decided to seek help. I went to a registered dietician and got advice on eating properly, what foods to eat to cope with IBS, and basically how to manage living with it. I haven't had a binge/purge episode since and have slowly been learning what foods to eat/not eat and how to eat to make living with IBS manageable.

My advice to you: see a dietician, join a gym if you haven't already (this has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!), and treat IBS as a way to try new things... new foods, new regimens, etc. Once you get off the cycle you can lose any weight you may have gained and the gym will help you too.

Good luck! If you need anymore advice, don't hesitate to e-mail me. I've been there.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1799

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review