All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/15/05
      #160616 - 03/14/05 10:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/15 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ok... beat me if I don't report in.. new
      #160641 - 03/15/05 04:33 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been comfort-eating (tons of food, and not necessarily safe/good stuff either) like crazy because of all the stress we've been under... and I actually gained 3lbs in less than a week. I'm absolutely horrified. So I'm back to being a good girl and I'll be reporting in again starting tonight.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 so much for no coffee... new
      #160654 - 03/15/05 06:34 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, I broke down already and it is not even 10AM. I was feeling the effects of going cold turkey so I got myself a (smaller) cup. Maybe I will do this gradually . . .

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 new
      #160661 - 03/15/05 06:54 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

I've not been around because my Granny died, so I had to come up to my parents' place last week.....as you can imagine things are a bit hectic, and my routine is a bit disrupted. I haven't been doing my normal exercise, but I have been doing NYCB exercises daily, and a lot of walking and housework/heavy lifting.

I am experimenting with not being vegan/vegetarian- I think my stomach problems are actually caused by too much fibre/veggies, which is a real shame as I love veggies above all other foods. Over the past few days I've eaten some cheese and butter in things, and my stomach has actually been totally fine, with no cramps, noise or bloatiness. I only plan to eat cheese in small portions, but a small portion of cheese is equivalent to a bigger portion of veggies...so I get the same nutrition without the problems.

Today:
Foodies:
*2 slices white French country loaf with marmalade, honey & sugar-free black cherry jam (not all at once; I split them up into bits, heh)
*2 homemade oat cakes
*garlic & coriander pitta with hummus & olive tapenade in one half and goats cheese and green salad in the other
*apple
*crumpet
*gnocchi with tomato, spinach, olive and mascarpone sauce
*strawberries

Exercise:
*walked 4 miles
*45 minutes NYCB workout
I want to go running, but not sure it's feasible to fit in with my parents.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

total PMS new
      #160795 - 03/15/05 02:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok my friend said she never had PMS until 31, which is what I am. So I am scared! Ugh. It doesn't seem as bad as last month but certainly more than normal.
Work day today so I ate the same as always.
oatmeal and raisins
luna bar
3 bananas
1 serv pretzels
2 serv licorice
PB&J

Now I need ADB's! and am going to make some. I wish I still had cocoa pebbles left but hub ate them all.
Dinner tonight: chicken fajitas
Water: 60 oz so far. Had leg cramps this morning. yesterday was 1 glass short.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

my report new
      #160820 - 03/15/05 03:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Jane C- sorry to hear about your Gran
Tamara- Hope the PMS is abating.

Here's my report:

Breakfast: porridge made on water with honey and cinnamon

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn, mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce

Water: 90 oz

Total Calories: 1229 (BMR: 2320)

Activities Not a lot, I cleaned the kitchen and spent quite a bit of time typing on the computer but stayed in bed til 11 and went back for a nap from 3.30-6.30 (I'm sick OK?) Does watching Desperate Housewives count??

I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off.

--------------------
S.

#160828 - 03/15/05 04:07 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Well. bear in mind am not trying to lose weight,
B'fast: 4 slices toast with Promite
morn tea: cup of tea
Lunch: two toasted (dry)tuna and cheese (low fat) sandwiches
apres' gym: low fat milk smoothie with banana, frozen mixed berries, teaspoon rice protein powder, and half teaspoon fibre
Tea: Chicken and mushroom risotto
...oh and plenty water throughout the day....

Went to the gym, it was chest shoulders night, but woe is me have struck a bit of a plateau with the bench pressing. I weigh 73kg (160 pounds for you northern types) and am stuck at 90kg (198 pds) on the bench press. Am going to have to throw some different exercises into the workout to shock the system out of malaise me thinks! Am determined to crack 100kg this year!
This is a fun forum!
Ralph

I'm with ya Casey.... new
      #160839 - 03/15/05 04:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I got a cold...so I din't exrcise. Now we plan to move across country again so I am an emotional wreck (plus we're trying to find a place so we can keep our dog). Hubby has to find a new job...you know the drill.

STILL NO SUGAR (lost track of days)...but eating way too much food. Time to start reporting in!

Afternoon snack: Leftver roasted veggies...less than .5 cup.

I'll check in with more latrer.

I'd better here from you later Miss Casey! (And you'd better here from me too!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

my report.. I promise to be more faithful to reporting.. new
      #160866 - 03/15/05 05:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

walked a ton at work.. and have a major headache- had it for 3 days... I know what caused it.. dang sister in law insisting I eat what she was making and it was safe even though I brought safe food.. 4 bites and I had a migriane and a tummy ache! and her kids made it worse!

Anyway- no exercise really again today- I'm going to go to bed early again too as soon as I'm done reporting and lay there with the heating pad...

food:

cheerios and rice milk w/ acacia
leftover banana bread
leftover chicken and some leftover bean thread noodles
luna bar
last of chicken and noodles
leftover fries for dinner
(I had chiropractor and DH asked what I wanted, when I didn't answer he made something I can't eat and figured I'd eat leftovers not realizing I had already eaten the rest.. it was that or a turkey sandwich I didn't feel like)
2 adb muffins with acacia baked in

now off to bed. see you all tomorrow.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: my report new
      #160868 - 03/15/05 05:49 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

It is. Thanks!

Here's my report:

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn, mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce DH and I were laughing about your snack. Sorry.

Water: 90 oz

Activities Not a lot, I cleaned the kitchen and spent quite a bit of time typing on the computer but stayed in bed til 11 and went back for a nap from 3.30-6.30 (I'm sick OK?) Does watching Desperate Housewives count??
feel better soon.
I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 3/15 new
      #160873 - 03/15/05 06:39 PM
atomic rose

Pre-breakfast: 2 slices toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches, and a banana
Lunch: luna bar & another banana
Snacks: a few gumdrops, a piece of cake, a slice of applesauce bread, junior mints
Dinner: vietnamese grilled honey chicken, jasmine rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 1 glass water = 70oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1762
Fruits & veggies: peaches, 2 bananas = 3

Activity:
No real exercise, but we did some grocery shopping & general errand-running... I'm too lazy to count the calories burned, but it wasn't very many anyway.

Goal for tomorrow: less junk food! This should be pretty easy... I tend to eat more trash when we're out and about, and I have no plans to leave the house.

I started with WW points and then did it again on FitDay new
      #160877 - 03/15/05 06:53 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Ok - I finished the leftovers yesterday so I can be "good" the rest of the week!

B - UFO food item
UFO beveredge item
Soluble fiber serving (along with all of my meds and vitamins) - It takes
two glasses of water to get it all down
total = 246 cal

S - Vanilla Nut Goodee (Another ebay acquisition - my local grocery store does not have Luna bars. I will have to go out and "hunt" for some).
Total = 150 Calories

L - Chicken sandwhich made with three slices of thin sliced chicken breast (Wal Mart Deli oven roasted), two slices of Wal Mart "Toasting Bread" and a slice of swiss ***** (ufo dairy item)
one cup of tortilla chips
Soluble fiber supplement (with my meds again) - I rattle when I walk!
Total = 495 calories

D - Greek UFO (vegetable dish)
Lean Cuisine "Pork with Cherry Sauce"
UFO beverege
Total = 531 Calories

Total food eaten 1422 Calories
Activity = walk 3 miles on treadmill = 131
BMR = 2037

I keep forgeting about adding my water. I drink water all day. Some of my medications make my mouth dry.

Tomorrow I will need to skip my walking. I will make it up on Saturday. I have a job interview (as does my husband except he is in another state for his).

I have not shared with this board about my job/financial woes. I have not been able to find a job since we moved here. My husband got laid off on February 11. He does not qualify for unemployment until his severence runs out. Our insurance (Cobra) is 860.00. My rabbit needs surgery...and I need to decide whether to put him to sleep because the surgery will cost more than a months worth of grocerys (the last time he needed surgery it was 600.00 - this is something he will need about every six months for the rest of his life - he is almost four years old). We both need jobs and prayers.

It is wonder that I do not eat myself back up to where I was before I started on the "eating healthy" lifestyle.

Take care,

Karen

Casey you are like me new
      #160891 - 03/15/05 07:18 PM
Little Minnie

You eat the same thing everyday. (and you like candy too)

--------------------

Haha... new
      #160915 - 03/16/05 02:27 AM
atomic rose

Yah, pretty much... I eat different dinners, but I tend to eat the same breakfast and snacks every day. I suppose it makes for a boring reporting-in, haha.

And candy... don't even get me started... I can't wait till easter is over (the last of the "candy holidays" until Halloween!).

#160935 - 03/16/05 05:03 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

22 points. Right on target. No exercise though. Napped instead of exercise video.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#160938 - 03/16/05 05:15 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Quote:

Well, I broke down already and it is not even 10AM. I was feeling the effects of going cold turkey so I got myself a (smaller) cup. Maybe I will do this gradually . . .

So now my coffee plan is to just have smaller cups in the morning, none in the evening and maybe by next week I can go every other day!

Karen - sorry to hear about your job difficulties - good luck on the interview.

Casey - welcome back and thanks again for the tip about eating 1/2 serving of oatmeal - I feel sooo much better than when I was eating the whole serving!!

Tuesday:

Breakfast - Vanilla soy milk w/fiber powder, 1/2 red grapefruit
snack - coffee w/the works (only ~10 oz today), apple
Lunch - hummus wrap w/red pepper, avacado, mushrooms, sprouts, spinach, and a little soy cheddar. YUM but I made it too big.
Snack - handful dried cherries
Dinner - 1 c. soy milk, Chicken fajita w/condiments - I really tried to look at the serving size and only have one serving. But who only eats 2T of salsa at once??? Me I guess
Dessert - none! YAY me!!!

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class. Didn't feel like I got as much out of it as usual.

Water - about 70 oz.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

good work Alicia! new
      #160939 - 03/16/05 05:35 AM
cailin

Great to see you're back on track, we all need break out days every now and then!

--------------------
S.

#160941 - 03/16/05 05:39 AM
cailin

Quote:

Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce DH and I were laughing about your snack. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, I wanted something creamy and chocolatey and it worked! A soon as I let myself back into the biscuit tin I am doomed, In retrospect I still have loadsa luna bars though...

--------------------
S.

Karen new
      #160942 - 03/16/05 05:41 AM
cailin

sorry to hear about your job/financial difficulties, I'lll be thinking of you..

--------------------
S.

REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 (Shell's Body Fat % Check Day) new
      #161086 - 03/16/05 10:22 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 691 calories 60 minutes Power Sculpt Class) (No cardio because the whole class waited after class to have body fat % checked) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1830 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

*Trainer (Heather) checked my bodyfat percentage... since May 28, 2004 I have gone down 7.4% .... I'm still considered "unhealthy" but not for long baby...not for long!! I'm also going to be talking with her about doing so HARD CORE one on one kicking my @$$ sessions with her....she is NOT cheap...she gets paid LOTS more then the other trainers there. For example.... with any other trainer there at the gym I could today walk in and get 5 sessions for $75....but with Heather... 10 sessions is gonna cost me $500-600 ($50-60 PER session)....But I think it will really be worth it. I will let ya all know what happens with that

Breakfast: 225 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 12oz Peppermint Tea w/3 Teaspoons Sugar (the sugar is what kills me there) & Water

Lunch : 352 calories brought my own sandwich (Tuna w/RF Mayo and Pickles), 1 Mini AD Brownie, & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 384 calories 10 Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), 6 JellyBelly's, 2 UFO's, Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

While Working Out: 11 calories 3 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 426 calories Asian Baked Chicken (Turkey Breast Tenderloin) in Vinegar Sauce & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1596.25 calories

Total Water intake = 88 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 1846.25 . Oh, I went over my food budget by 16.25 I guess that is what I get for skipping cardio today!!

--------------------

Whoops!! new
      #161103 - 03/16/05 10:47 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Got very busy, forgot to report in, ate about 3 million calories worth of UFO... I don't know what's wrong with me!! It's like every time I am doing well, I just stop for a few days, gain the weight back and end up where I started. A vicous cycle!
I had a big realization moment yesterday when I went for my job interview - all the 'fat clothes' I bought in England for work after I had gained a bunch of weight were TOO TIGHT! I looked like a tube of toothpaste, it was really uncomfortable and embarassing!
But then, for some reason, I ate a bunch of cr@p anyway!
Another mid-week weighing of myself (can't help it!) had some VERY bad news (gained back the weight I lost PLUS gained 1.5 lbs) so I am feeling really blah now.
I really just feel like giving up, need some encouragement please!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

yay shell! n/t new
      #161117 - 03/16/05 11:17 AM
cailin

--------------------
S.

From Whoops!! to Whoopie! new
      #161135 - 03/16/05 12:08 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hey Stephie,

It is not "Whoops". It is "Whoopie". You had a "moment of clarity", meaning that you need to take some action.

First things first! Put your right hand around your left shoulder, and your left hand around your right shoulder. That is a big {{{{{hug}}}}} from me. The reason why I started posting again is because I needed the accountability. You took a very big step and admitting that you cannot do this on your own. That is why we are here: To support you! You need to forgive your self. Yes, it is hard to forgive yourself. But you know what, you want to get healthier right? You need to get right back up on the horse. We all have fallen off. If you never get back on, we go for the rest of our lives admitting defeat. Do not do that, please. Get right back up on the horse and show it who is boss.

Put down the fork and go for a brisk walk around the block.

Then come back inside and write down everything that you ate...you have to do that to get out of the denial.

Then go to your pantry and your refrigerator and your freezer and throw out the cr@p!

Go to the store and get some IBS-safe healthy things to eat.

Then you dust your self off and start over.

All of us have been there. We are here for you! Do not give up and do not give in!

Take care,

Karen

Re: Ok... beat me if I don't report in.. new
      #161136 - 03/16/05 12:11 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I've been comfort-eating (tons of food, and not necessarily safe/good stuff either) like crazy because of all the stress we've been under... and I actually gained 3lbs in less than a week. I'm absolutely horrified. So I'm back to being a good girl and I'll be reporting in again starting tonight.

OK...you have a beating comin your way if we don't see ya tonight then, right? It's ok Casey...you realize there is a problem and you are going to do something about it...that is the first step. We are here for ya....

--------------------

#161137 - 03/16/05 12:13 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

oh no.... yah, cold turkey (not the poultry) does not work for everyone.... take it slow....

--------------------

#161139 - 03/16/05 12:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I've not been around because my Granny died, so I had to come up to my parents' place last week.....as you can imagine things are a bit hectic, and my routine is a bit disrupted. I haven't been doing my normal exercise, but I have been doing NYCB exercises daily, and a lot of walking and housework/heavy lifting. I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny

I am experimenting with not being vegan/vegetarian- I think my stomach problems are actually caused by too much fibre/veggies, could be which is a real shame as I love veggies above all other foods. Over the past few days I've eaten some cheese and butter in things, and my stomach has actually been totally fine, with no cramps, noise or bloatiness. I only plan to eat cheese in small portions, but a small portion of cheese is equivalent to a bigger portion of veggies...so I get the same nutrition without the problems. just be careful of the fat...

Today:
Foodies:
*2 slices white French country loaf with marmalade, honey & sugar-free black cherry jam (not all at once; I split them up into bits, heh) sugar free with artifical sweetener? or just no sugar added?
*2 homemade oat cakes
*garlic & coriander pitta with hummus & olive tapenade in one half and goats cheese and green salad in the other
*apple
*crumpet
*gnocchi with tomato, spinach, olive and mascarpone sauce
*strawberries

Exercise:
*walked 4 miles
*45 minutes NYCB workout
I want to go running, but not sure it's feasible to fit in with my parents. great workout as is

--------------------

Re: total PMS new
      #161141 - 03/16/05 12:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok my friend said she never had PMS until 31, which is what I am. So I am scared! Ugh. It doesn't seem as bad as last month but certainly more than normal.
Work day today so I ate the same as always.
oatmeal and raisins
luna bar
3 bananas
1 serv pretzels
2 serv licorice
PB&J

Now I need ADB's! and am going to make some. those mini ones are great...I don't eat too many!! I wish I still had cocoa pebbles left but hub ate them all.
Dinner tonight: chicken fajitas
Water: 60 oz so far. Had leg cramps this morning. yesterday was 1 glass short.

--------------------

#161143 - 03/16/05 12:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here's my report:

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn what is that? do you put it IN the sandwich or eat it on the side? , mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg What time is dinner tonight? I think I'm coming over if ya don't mind!!
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce UUUUmmmmmm......

Water: 90 oz great!

I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off. Feel better soon....

--------------------

#161146 - 03/16/05 12:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well. bear in mind am not trying to lose weight, Any reason to have you here Ralph works for me!! hehehe
B'fast: 4 slices toast with Promite (what is that....US folks here!)
morn tea: cup of tea
Lunch: two toasted (dry)tuna and cheese (low fat) sandwiches
apres' gym: low fat milk smoothie with banana, frozen mixed berries, teaspoon rice protein powder, and half teaspoon fibre
Tea: Chicken and mushroom risotto I've GOT to try risotto... I afraid I will mess it up! Ralph did you make this from a recipe here on this site?
...oh and plenty water throughout the day....

Went to the gym, it was chest shoulders night, but woe is me have struck a bit of a plateau with the bench pressing. I weigh 73kg (160 pounds for you northern types) and am stuck at 90kg (198 pds) on the bench press. Am going to have to throw some different exercises into the workout to shock the system out of malaise me thinks! Am determined to crack 100kg this year! We want pics when you do!!
This is a fun forum! We try!!
Ralph

--------------------

Re: I'm with ya Casey.... new
      #161148 - 03/16/05 12:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I got a cold...so I din't exrcise. Now we plan to move across country again so I am an emotional wreck (plus we're trying to find a place so we can keep our dog). Hubby has to find a new job...you know the drill.

STILL NO SUGAR YEAH!! (lost track of days)...but eating way too much food. Time to start reporting in!

Afternoon snack: Leftver roasted veggies...less than .5 cup.

I'll check in with more latrer.

I'd better here from you later Miss Casey! (And you'd better here from me too!) We all better hear from both of ya all!! LOL

--------------------

Re: my report.. I promise to be more faithful to reporting.. new
      #161149 - 03/16/05 12:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

walked a ton at work.. and have a major headache- had it for 3 days... I know what caused it.. dang sister in law insisting I eat what she was making and it was safe even though I brought safe food.. 4 bites and I had a migriane and a tummy ache! and her kids made it worse! Oh, that does not sound good.... hope you feel better soon...

Anyway- no exercise really again today- I'm going to go to bed early again too as soon as I'm done reporting and lay there with the heating pad...

food:

cheerios and rice milk w/ acacia
leftover banana bread
leftover chicken and some leftover bean thread noodles
luna bar
last of chicken and noodles
leftover fries for dinner
(I had chiropractor and DH asked what I wanted, when I didn't answer he made something I can't eat and figured I'd eat leftovers not realizing I had already eaten the rest.. it was that or a turkey sandwich I didn't feel like)
2 adb muffins with acacia baked in

now off to bed. see you all tomorrow.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15 new
      #161154 - 03/16/05 12:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: 2 slices toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches, and a banana
Lunch: luna bar & another banana
Snacks: a few gumdrops, a piece of cake, a slice of applesauce bread, junior mints UUmm...
Dinner: vietnamese grilled honey chicken is this one from "Eating for IBS'"? , jasmine rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 1 glass water = 70oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1762
Fruits & veggies: peaches, 2 bananas = 3

Activity:
No real exercise, but we did some grocery shopping & general errand-running... I'm too lazy to count the calories burned, but it wasn't very many anyway.

Goal for tomorrow: less junk food! This should be pretty easy... I tend to eat more trash when we're out and about, and I have no plans to leave the house.

--------------------

Re: I started with WW points and then did it again on FitDay new
      #161158 - 03/16/05 12:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok - I finished the leftovers yesterday so I can be "good" the rest of the week!

B - UFO food item
UFO beveredge item
Soluble fiber serving (along with all of my meds and vitamins) - It takes
two glasses of water to get it all down
total = 246 cal

S - Vanilla Nut Goodee (Another ebay acquisition - my local grocery store does not have Luna bars. I will have to go out and "hunt" for some). Go to this site and enter in your zipcode, it will tell you the closest stores near you that sell them web page
Total = 150 Calories

L - Chicken sandwhich made with three slices of thin sliced chicken breast (Wal Mart Deli oven roasted), two slices of Wal Mart "Toasting Bread" and a slice of swiss ***** (ufo dairy item)
one cup of tortilla chips
Soluble fiber supplement (with my meds again) - I rattle when I walk!
Total = 495 calories

D - Greek UFO (vegetable dish)
Lean Cuisine "Pork with Cherry Sauce"
UFO beverege
Total = 531 Calories

Total food eaten 1422 Calories
Activity = walk 3 miles on treadmill = 131
BMR = 2037

I keep forgeting about adding my water. I drink water all day. Some of my medications make my mouth dry.

Tomorrow I will need to skip my walking. I will make it up on Saturday. I have a job interview (as does my husband except he is in another state for his). oh my goodness!

I have not shared with this board about my job/financial woes. I have not been able to find a job since we moved here. My husband got laid off on February 11. He does not qualify for unemployment until his severence runs out. Our insurance (Cobra) is 860.00. My rabbit needs surgery...and I need to decide whether to put him to sleep because the surgery will cost more than a months worth of grocerys (the last time he needed surgery it was 600.00 - this is something he will need about every six months for the rest of his life - he is almost four years old). We both need jobs and prayers. Oh Karen.... my thoughts and prayers are with your whole family...rabbit too.

It is wonder that I do not eat myself back up to where I was before I started on the "eating healthy" lifestyle.

Take care,

Karen

--------------------

#161160 - 03/16/05 12:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

22 points. Right on target. YAH!! No exercise though. Napped instead of exercise video. That was that fun weekend wore ya out!!

--------------------

#161161 - 03/16/05 12:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

So now my coffee plan is to just have smaller cups in the morning, none in the evening and maybe by next week I can go every other day! great for starters....

Karen - sorry to hear about your job difficulties - good luck on the interview.

Casey - welcome back and thanks again for the tip about eating 1/2 serving of oatmeal - I feel sooo much better than when I was eating the whole serving!!

Tuesday:

Breakfast - Vanilla soy milk w/fiber powder, 1/2 red grapefruit
snack - coffee w/the works (only ~10 oz today), apple
Lunch - hummus wrap w/red pepper, avacado, mushrooms, sprouts, spinach, and a little soy cheddar. YUM but I made it too big.
Snack - handful dried cherries
Dinner - 1 c. soy milk, Chicken fajita w/condiments - I really tried to look at the serving size and only have one serving. But who only eats 2T of salsa at once??? Me I guess
Dessert - none! YAY me!!!

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class. Didn't feel like I got as much out of it as usual. but ya still did it!

Water - about 70 oz.

--------------------

Re: Whoops!! new
      #161251 - 03/16/05 04:21 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hi Stephie, have you ever heard of the so called "poor mentality" where people who have some kind of financial windfall then proceed to blow it all, in all kinds of amazingingly bad decisions and investments? The experts say these people have a sub-conscious "poor complex" whereby they don't believe they deserve to have money, so when they get it, they get rid of it without even knowing what or why they are doing it.
Maybe this could apply to weight loss, and as you make progress, something in your sub-conscious that doesn't feel that you deserve it might step in and do a little sabotaging via the fridge.
Just an idea, though you might think it's a load of @#$P.
From my own personal experience i know how powerful the sub-conscious mind can be in affecting all sorts of things in our lives.
Serious medical issues aside, we all deserve to be and can be whatever weight we wanna be, just got to do what needs to be done.
Cheers
Ralph
PS. Shell, Promite is a vegetable exract spread of similar consistency and colour to Marmite and good old aussie Vegemite (yeast extract), is that any help? And it tastes great! Oh and pardon my ignorance but what is UFO food?

#161257 - 03/16/05 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all! Hi sweetie!!
Got very busy, forgot to report in, ate about 3 million calories worth of UFO... I don't know what's wrong with me!! There is NOTHING wrong with you Steph, you just dealing with a lot of crap right now...and stress is NOT helping ya!! It's like every time I am doing well, I just stop for a few days, gain the weight back and end up where I started. A vicous cycle! guess you can't stop then.... you somehow someway need to work it in every day...as a lifestyle change....trust me I know it is hard...but you health is so important.
I had a big realization moment yesterday when I went for my job interview - all the 'fat clothes' I bought in England for work after I had gained a bunch of weight were TOO TIGHT! I looked like a tube of toothpaste, it was really uncomfortable and embarassing! I'm so sorrys sweetie..... could "that time" be contributing?
But then, for some reason, I ate a bunch of cr@p anyway!
Another mid-week weighing of myself (can't help it!) had some VERY bad news (gained back the weight I lost PLUS gained 1.5 lbs) so I am feeling really blah now.
I really just feel like giving up, need some encouragement please! NO... you can't give up!! You can do this.... you just need for things to settle down a little....take some deep breaths and make your changes to better yourself where you CAN. Stress is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. Everything will work out....it always does. This too shall pass.... Be strong... and vent when needed... don't hold it all in...your gonna burst that way!! {{hugs}}
--Steph

--------------------

#161258 - 03/16/05 04:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi Stephie, have you ever heard of the so called "poor mentality" where people who have some kind of financial windfall then proceed to blow it all, in all kinds of amazingingly bad decisions and investments? The experts say these people have a sub-conscious "poor complex" whereby they don't believe they deserve to have money, so when they get it, they get rid of it without even knowing what or why they are doing it.
Maybe this could apply to weight loss, and as you make progress, something in your sub-conscious that doesn't feel that you deserve it might step in and do a little sabotaging via the fridge.
Just an idea, though you might think it's a load of @#$P.
From my own personal experience i know how powerful the sub-conscious mind can be in affecting all sorts of things in our lives.
Serious medical issues aside, we all deserve to be and can be whatever weight we wanna be, just got to do what needs to be done.
Yes, you have great words too Ralph!! Cheers
Ralph
PS. Shell, Promite is a vegetable exract spread of similar consistency and colour to Marmite and good old aussie Vegemite (yeast extract), is that any help? And it tastes great! Oh and pardon my ignorance but what is UFO food? UFO's = Unidentifed Food Object (safe for me but maybe not for others)

--------------------

Re: yay shell! (thanks Sinéad) n/t new
      #161260 - 03/16/05 04:37 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: From Whoops!! to Whoopie! new
      #161261 - 03/16/05 04:39 PM
Shell Marr

WELL SAID KAREN!!

Quote:

Hey Stephie,

It is not "Whoops". It is "Whoopie". You had a "moment of clarity", meaning that you need to take some action.

First things first! Put your right hand around your left shoulder, and your left hand around your right shoulder. That is a big {{{{{hug}}}}} from me. The reason why I started posting again is because I needed the accountability. You took a very big step and admitting that you cannot do this on your own. That is why we are here: To support you! You need to forgive your self. Yes, it is hard to forgive yourself. But you know what, you want to get healthier right? You need to get right back up on the horse. We all have fallen off. If you never get back on, we go for the rest of our lives admitting defeat. Do not do that, please. Get right back up on the horse and show it who is boss.

Put down the fork and go for a brisk walk around the block.

Then come back inside and write down everything that you ate...you have to do that to get out of the denial.

Then go to your pantry and your refrigerator and your freezer and throw out the cr@p!

Go to the store and get some IBS-safe healthy things to eat.

Then you dust your self off and start over.

All of us have been there. We are here for you! Do not give up and do not give in!

Take care,

Karen

--------------------

congrats shell new
      #161263 - 03/16/05 04:44 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

just saw this.. thats great news

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: congrats shell new
      #161280 - 03/16/05 05:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

congrats shell just saw this.. thats great news

Thanks Amie!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review