Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Whoops!! new
      #161103 - 03/16/05 10:47 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Got very busy, forgot to report in, ate about 3 million calories worth of UFO... I don't know what's wrong with me!! It's like every time I am doing well, I just stop for a few days, gain the weight back and end up where I started. A vicous cycle!
I had a big realization moment yesterday when I went for my job interview - all the 'fat clothes' I bought in England for work after I had gained a bunch of weight were TOO TIGHT! I looked like a tube of toothpaste, it was really uncomfortable and embarassing!
But then, for some reason, I ate a bunch of cr@p anyway!
Another mid-week weighing of myself (can't help it!) had some VERY bad news (gained back the weight I lost PLUS gained 1.5 lbs) so I am feeling really blah now.
I really just feel like giving up, need some encouragement please!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yay shell! n/t new
      #161117 - 03/16/05 11:17 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

From Whoops!! to Whoopie! new
      #161135 - 03/16/05 12:08 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hey Stephie,

It is not "Whoops". It is "Whoopie". You had a "moment of clarity", meaning that you need to take some action.

First things first! Put your right hand around your left shoulder, and your left hand around your right shoulder. That is a big {{{{{hug}}}}} from me. The reason why I started posting again is because I needed the accountability. You took a very big step and admitting that you cannot do this on your own. That is why we are here: To support you! You need to forgive your self. Yes, it is hard to forgive yourself. But you know what, you want to get healthier right? You need to get right back up on the horse. We all have fallen off. If you never get back on, we go for the rest of our lives admitting defeat. Do not do that, please. Get right back up on the horse and show it who is boss.

Put down the fork and go for a brisk walk around the block.

Then come back inside and write down everything that you ate...you have to do that to get out of the denial.

Then go to your pantry and your refrigerator and your freezer and throw out the cr@p!

Go to the store and get some IBS-safe healthy things to eat.

Then you dust your self off and start over.

All of us have been there. We are here for you! Do not give up and do not give in!

Take care,

Karen

Re: Ok... beat me if I don't report in.. new
      #161136 - 03/16/05 12:11 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I've been comfort-eating (tons of food, and not necessarily safe/good stuff either) like crazy because of all the stress we've been under... and I actually gained 3lbs in less than a week. I'm absolutely horrified. So I'm back to being a good girl and I'll be reporting in again starting tonight.

OK...you have a beating comin your way if we don't see ya tonight then, right? It's ok Casey...you realize there is a problem and you are going to do something about it...that is the first step. We are here for ya....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 so much for no coffee... new
      #161137 - 03/16/05 12:13 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well, I broke down already and it is not even 10AM. I was feeling the effects of going cold turkey so I got myself a (smaller) cup. Maybe I will do this gradually . . .

oh no.... yah, cold turkey (not the poultry) does not work for everyone.... take it slow....

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 new
      #161139 - 03/16/05 12:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I've not been around because my Granny died, so I had to come up to my parents' place last week.....as you can imagine things are a bit hectic, and my routine is a bit disrupted. I haven't been doing my normal exercise, but I have been doing NYCB exercises daily, and a lot of walking and housework/heavy lifting. I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny

I am experimenting with not being vegan/vegetarian- I think my stomach problems are actually caused by too much fibre/veggies, could be which is a real shame as I love veggies above all other foods. Over the past few days I've eaten some cheese and butter in things, and my stomach has actually been totally fine, with no cramps, noise or bloatiness. I only plan to eat cheese in small portions, but a small portion of cheese is equivalent to a bigger portion of veggies...so I get the same nutrition without the problems. just be careful of the fat...

Today:
Foodies:
*2 slices white French country loaf with marmalade, honey & sugar-free black cherry jam (not all at once; I split them up into bits, heh) sugar free with artifical sweetener? or just no sugar added?
*2 homemade oat cakes
*garlic & coriander pitta with hummus & olive tapenade in one half and goats cheese and green salad in the other
*apple
*crumpet
*gnocchi with tomato, spinach, olive and mascarpone sauce
*strawberries

Exercise:
*walked 4 miles
*45 minutes NYCB workout
I want to go running, but not sure it's feasible to fit in with my parents. great workout as is

--------------------

Re: total PMS new
      #161141 - 03/16/05 12:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok my friend said she never had PMS until 31, which is what I am. So I am scared! Ugh. It doesn't seem as bad as last month but certainly more than normal.
Work day today so I ate the same as always.
oatmeal and raisins
luna bar
3 bananas
1 serv pretzels
2 serv licorice
PB&J

Now I need ADB's! and am going to make some. those mini ones are great...I don't eat too many!! I wish I still had cocoa pebbles left but hub ate them all.
Dinner tonight: chicken fajitas
Water: 60 oz so far. Had leg cramps this morning. yesterday was 1 glass short.

--------------------

Re: my report new
      #161143 - 03/16/05 12:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Jane C- sorry to hear about your Gran
Tamara- Hope the PMS is abating.

Here's my report:

Breakfast: porridge made on water with honey and cinnamon

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn what is that? do you put it IN the sandwich or eat it on the side? , mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg What time is dinner tonight? I think I'm coming over if ya don't mind!!
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce UUUUmmmmmm......

Water: 90 oz great!

Total Calories: 1229 (BMR: 2320)

Activities Not a lot, I cleaned the kitchen and spent quite a bit of time typing on the computer but stayed in bed til 11 and went back for a nap from 3.30-6.30 (I'm sick OK?) Does watching Desperate Housewives count??

I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off. Feel better soon....

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 new
      #161146 - 03/16/05 12:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well. bear in mind am not trying to lose weight, Any reason to have you here Ralph works for me!! hehehe
B'fast: 4 slices toast with Promite (what is that....US folks here!)
morn tea: cup of tea
Lunch: two toasted (dry)tuna and cheese (low fat) sandwiches
apres' gym: low fat milk smoothie with banana, frozen mixed berries, teaspoon rice protein powder, and half teaspoon fibre
Tea: Chicken and mushroom risotto I've GOT to try risotto... I afraid I will mess it up! Ralph did you make this from a recipe here on this site?
...oh and plenty water throughout the day....

Went to the gym, it was chest shoulders night, but woe is me have struck a bit of a plateau with the bench pressing. I weigh 73kg (160 pounds for you northern types) and am stuck at 90kg (198 pds) on the bench press. Am going to have to throw some different exercises into the workout to shock the system out of malaise me thinks! Am determined to crack 100kg this year! We want pics when you do!!
This is a fun forum! We try!!
Ralph

--------------------

Re: I'm with ya Casey.... new
      #161148 - 03/16/05 12:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I got a cold...so I din't exrcise. Now we plan to move across country again so I am an emotional wreck (plus we're trying to find a place so we can keep our dog). Hubby has to find a new job...you know the drill.

STILL NO SUGAR YEAH!! (lost track of days)...but eating way too much food. Time to start reporting in!

Afternoon snack: Leftver roasted veggies...less than .5 cup.

I'll check in with more latrer.

I'd better here from you later Miss Casey! (And you'd better here from me too!) We all better hear from both of ya all!! LOL

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23994

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review