All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/14/05
      #160234 - 03/13/05 10:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/14 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/14/05 new
      #160255 - 03/14/05 02:07 AM
Shell Marr

Happy Monday everyone!! It's a new week.... GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------

#160381 - 03/14/05 10:02 AM
Shell Marr

I'm Hungry!!

--------------------

#160466 - 03/14/05 01:46 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I know I've been really bad at reporting lately because life has been so hectic. Just wanted to say WAY TO GO to everyone who have been working hard and eating right!

As for my own weight, I've been having attacks like crazy lately and think I need to go back on the safe diet for a while. I have lost 4 lbs though since last week.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#160482 - 03/14/05 02:19 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Its easy to eat low cal when you're sick! No work canteen temptations or sweeties in the office and more time spent in bed means less eating opportunities.

This is what I ate:

Breakfast: pineapple banana and mango smoothie, small roll

Lunch: chicken noodle soup, small roll with scraping of spread and tomato

Dinner: pitta bread with mushrooms, peppers, turkey bacon stir fired without oil and lettuce, reduced fat mayo
Made some oven fries from one large potat, ate about a quarter of them

Dessert: apple and peach babyfood

Snacks: Smores Lunabar

2 mugs of hot blackcurrant cordial with no added sugar

Water: 100 oz, and I will probably have another 20oz before bed.

Not counting: my antibiotics or paracetamol- not sure what calories if any they have..

Cakes, sweets, chocolate, bisuits: NONE

Activities: 30 minutes walking from bus to doctor and back, 15 of which was carrying shopping bags which were way heavy ( I bought soup and veggies)

Total calories: 1431
BMR: 2320 (although at the moment since I am sick its probably more like 2000 I am sitting up most of the day but not moving much!)

So I am well under budget and on the right track.

--------------------
S.

#160567 - 03/14/05 05:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Very bloated today- all day. Can't be PMS yet as I am still on the pill. Oatmeal and raisins for B. Luna bar, licorice (3 servings) 2 bananas, 2 servings pretzels and PB&J. Obviously it was a work day and I ate the exact same thing I eat every work day. Dinner: carrots (3 servings with smart balance 1t.) leftover rice and sausage, 2 small baguette pieces. Too bloated to have dessert I think. also adding to yesterday's menu: 1 banana in the night. Exercise: worked almost 8 hours and hopefully will do crunches and bench press before bed.
1 hour before bed I craved raisins and had 2T. Then I felt sort of crampy and freaked out and had a half bowl of HNCheerios. It all turned out ok though. I did do the crunches!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (03/15/05 02:32 PM)

#160576 - 03/14/05 06:19 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Very similar day to yesterday but just in bigger portions since it was a workout day today - great workout too!

Exercise: 10 mins hard cardio warmup then 30 mins weights (heavy, full body, including squats! ) followed by 60 minute yoga class

Calories burnt: about 400
Calorie budget for today (TDEE - for maintenance): about 2300 (BMR 1300 + 600 lifestyle + 400 exercise)

FOOD

Breakfast
(prebreakfast) english muffin
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal with 1/2 cup applesauce and 4 chopped almonds
4 scrambled egg whites with a dab of chiles

Post-workout
Bagel (ok not a very good post-workout meal but needed the glucose spike and it was all I had!)

Lunch
Lots of creamy vegetable bean soup (2.5 cups) and croutons (Shell - these are sooo not complicated, lol, just tear up some stale-ish bread and toast it under the broiler for a few minutes! Sprinkle with some garlic powder too if you want)
Applesauce for dessert (probably about 1.5 cups)

Snack
Melba toast (8) with 2 tbsp hummus

Dinner
Salmon (leftover from yesterday) with a baked potato
4 pear halves for dessert

Snack
Cup of warm soy milk, bagel with tsp honey

Totals:
2329 calories (right on target!)
24g fat (10% - I'm actually trying to safely get *more* fat in my diet because I think it's way too low...)
432g carbs (70%)
110g protein (20% )

Water: 56 oz so far, probably another 16 oz tonight

#160577 - 03/14/05 06:20 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi everyone,

I thought it was time to get "back on track". Tomorrow I will switch back to WW points...I was too lazy to look for my points counter and I had already thrown out the packaging from breakfast. I guess tomorrow will be a better day.

B - one carton yogurt (I started taking enzymes, and it makes a BIG difference with the dairy for me)
2 cups of ****** with n/d creamer
Total 250 calories
S - One small grapefruit - 76 calories

L - HA Living foods survival bar - 300 - (got it from someone on ebay)

S - 2 rice crackers - 140

D - This was my down fall because I was using up leftovers
6 oz piece of *****
med baked potato
********* for potato
green *****
feta *****
greek olives
lite dressing
total 1126 calories
Fiber - 10 calories
Grand total - 1902
Walk on treadmill for 3 miles - 345 (according to readout)
If I am doing this correctly, then my daily total is 1902 - 345 =1557

I am not sure how to calculate out how many calories that I need to get back on track. On WW I was on 20 points, I will switch back to that system tomorrow - much easier for me to figure out!

I do not know if I should use UFO's or ***** I think we should rename the board to Area 51. I know what they mean. I do not want to confuse someone with my "Non-IBS approved" food choices.

Take care,

Karen

Karen new
      #160579 - 03/14/05 06:56 PM
Little Minnie

I am not saying anything about the ****s. But I am concerned by your having yogurt followed later by a grapefruit. Do you have any solubles in there? Yogurt is neutral I think: not a soluble or insoluble and then having a grapefruit- well it could give some people D or gas. I hope it works for you or if you didn't know that this helps.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Karen new
      #160596 - 03/14/05 08:21 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Yes, I have solubles in there. One serving before breakfast and one serving before lunch. I just started taking them...I prefer the tablets/capsules to the drink. I held pretty closely to the IBS diet while I was getting my crohns flare under control. Now that my 6-mp is at the proper dose, I am trying to reincorporate some of the foods that I was able to eat before the flare (like yogurt and grapefruit). This is why I have not posted anything on the diet side, just my exercise goals. I do not want to confuse or stumble any newbies. Maybe I should just list things as UFO's...greetings from Roswell (and area 51)

My first post as a soon-to-be mommy! new
      #160600 - 03/14/05 08:40 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Ok... this morning I had my first doctors visit... as I needed to be able to give them a good urine sample, I chose not to drink anything before leaving since my appointment was first thing. With this being said, I couldn't take my Mirilax until after I got home and I usually take that before eating, so I skipped breakfast. I did however want to be able to make it through my appt without passing out from hunger, so I nibbled on some graham crackers.

ok... now that I've babbled, here's the rest of the day...

Lunch - turkey, light mayo and lettuce on wheat bread, oven fries and seedless grapes.

Snack - 1/2 grapefruit and some in-the-shell peanuts

Dinner - spaghetti sauce over linguini/fettucini noodles, salad with light vinegarette dressing

Water - I think I've gotten close to 80oz today... give or take a few (this includes some peppermint tea this evening)

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

CONGRATULATIONS Rachel! nt new
      #160605 - 03/14/05 08:52 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

#160644 - 03/15/05 04:52 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

38 points! 16 flex points used. (Day out with the girls and lunch at East Side Marios - lots of ufo's consumed). Back to being a good girl today. The day out was fun. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#160647 - 03/15/05 05:33 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Here's my Monday:

Breakfast - soy milk w/fiber powder, 1 piece homemade coffeecake (gone now )
Snack - apple
Lunch - turkey wrap w/ mustard and lettuce, about 3/4 of a super pretzel (I shouldn't have eaten it at all, it appeared to be covered in oil it made me a little crampy)
Dinner - 5 scrambled egg whites, hashbrowns (made w/canola oil) unsweetened applesauce.
Dessert - few dried cherries, 1 large mug decaf w/the works.

I was doing soooo good not having any coffee until after dinner at least I had less than I normally do. I'm going to try again today - so far so good.

Excercise - 18 min on elliptical w/5 min walking warmup and cooldown, a few crunches.

Water - no clue - maybe 70-80 oz?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

been offline for a few days, but here is yesterdays report new
      #160665 - 03/15/05 06:58 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

yesterday-

cheerios and rice milk
2 luna bars
1 turkey sandwich
some bean thread noodles and sauce
then for dinner:

Shell's honey chicken cut into small pieces- YUMMY! with panko
homebaked fries- some garlic, some chipotle garlic (mine) and some cayenne garlic
burgers and fixings for those who wanted (I didn't eat any)
banana bread - plain and chocolate

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#160671 - 03/15/05 07:04 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I have been doing pretty good. Did have a good week last week. I worked out everyday. Did strength training two days and cardio the rest. My eating has even gotten better. I am feeling better as well. This week I can only do cardio as I hurt my wrist so that means no weight training Oh well but I at least I can still do something. It just feels so great to be back to working out.

--------------------
Michelle

#160733 - 03/15/05 10:47 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 1125 calories 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2264 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Bad news...I think either I've over worked my right knee or I've really hurt it I can't tell yet...once I ate this morning I was going to take an anti inflammatory but then it did not hurt as badly. I had put on some Ben Gay before I left the house for work...so maybe it was just a tight muscle? Right now there is still a little soreness next to my knee cap toward the inside of the leg.....so I guess I better go ahead and take a pill. I will tell Heather my Instructor tonight about it and see if she thinks I should take the night off or not.... maybe I can just really work my upper body? We will see...but I MUST go to the gym because after the class tonight Heather is doing Everyone's body fat % She is going to be doing it every other week for us for free!!

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 305 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna Sandwich w/RF Mayo and Pickle, 1 Mini AD Brownie Bite & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 802 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, 1 Mini AD Brownie Bite, 3 Rolls Smarties, 1 Serving Pumpkin Bread Pudding , 3oz UFO's & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) I think this is REALLY helping me to have this before working out!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

After Working Out: 150 calories Poweraide & Water

Dinner: 458 calories Simple Cream Of Chicken Noodle Soup & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 2145.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96 oz

I DID NOT have UFO w/water. That DID NOT added 250 calories for a total of 2147.25 .....still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#160734 - 03/15/05 10:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I know I've been really bad at reporting lately because life has been so hectic. Just wanted to say WAY TO GO to everyone who have been working hard and eating right!

As for my own weight, I've been having attacks like crazy lately and think I need to go back on the safe diet for a while. I have lost 4 lbs though since last week. wow...do you HAVE 4 pounds to lose?

--------------------

#160738 - 03/15/05 10:57 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Its easy to eat low cal when you're sick! No work canteen temptations or sweeties in the office and more time spent in bed means less eating opportunities.

Hope your feeling better......

This is what I ate:

Breakfast: pineapple banana and mango smoothie, small roll

Lunch: chicken noodle soup, small roll with scraping of spread and tomato

Dinner: pitta bread with mushrooms, peppers, turkey bacon stir fired without oil and lettuce, reduced fat mayo
Made some oven fries from one large potat, ate about a quarter of them This all sounds so good!!

Dessert: apple and peach babyfood

Snacks: Smores Lunabar

2 mugs of hot blackcurrant cordial with no added sugar

Water: 100 oz, and I will probably have another 20oz before bed. right on girly!!

Not counting: my antibiotics or paracetamol- not sure what calories if any they have..

Cakes, sweets, chocolate, bisuits: NONE WOW!!

Activities: 30 minutes walking from bus to doctor and back, 15 of which was carrying shopping bags which were way heavy ( I bought soup and veggies)

Total calories: 1431
BMR: 2320 (although at the moment since I am sick its probably more like 2000 I am sitting up most of the day but not moving much!)

So I am well under budget and on the right track. great! hope you feel better

--------------------

#160739 - 03/15/05 10:59 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Very bloated today- all day. Can't be PMS yet as I am still on the pill. Do ya just need to let out a big fart? Oatmeal and raisins for B. Luna bar, licorice (3 servings) 2 bananas, 2 servings pretzels and PB&J. Obviously it was a work day and I ate the exact same thing I eat every work day. Dinner: carrots (3 servings with smart balance 1t.) leftover rice and sausage, yum... 2 small baguette pieces. Too bloated to have dessert I think. also adding to yesterday's menu: 1 banana in the night. Exercise: worked almost 8 hours and hopefully will do crunches and bench press before bed.

--------------------

#160741 - 03/15/05 11:02 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Very similar day to yesterday but just in bigger portions since it was a workout day today - great workout too!

Exercise: 10 mins hard cardio warmup then 30 mins weights (heavy, full body, including squats! ) followed by 60 minute yoga class GREAT!

Calories burnt: about 400
Calorie budget for today (TDEE - for maintenance): about 2300 (BMR 1300 + 600 lifestyle + 400 exercise)

FOOD

Breakfast
(prebreakfast) english muffin
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal with 1/2 cup applesauce and 4 chopped almonds
4 scrambled egg whites with a dab of chiles

Post-workout
Bagel (ok not a very good post-workout meal but needed the glucose spike and it was all I had!)

Lunch
Lots of creamy vegetable bean soup (2.5 cups) and croutons (Shell - these are sooo not complicated, lol, just tear up some stale-ish bread and toast it under the broiler for a few minutes! Sprinkle with some garlic powder too if you want) OH, duh!! lol Sounds good to me!!
Applesauce for dessert (probably about 1.5 cups)

Snack
Melba toast (8) with 2 tbsp hummus I've NEVER thought of putting hummus on Melba toast before!! Great idea....

Dinner
Salmon (leftover from yesterday) with a baked potato
4 pear halves for dessert yum..I love salmon!

Snack
Cup of warm soy milk, bagel with tsp honey

Totals:
2329 calories (right on target!) YAH!!
24g fat (10% - I'm actually trying to safely get *more* fat in my diet because I think it's way too low...)
432g carbs (70%)
110g protein (20% )

Water: 56 oz so far, probably another 16 oz tonight

--------------------

#160742 - 03/15/05 11:05 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi everyone,

I thought it was time to get "back on track". Tomorrow I will switch back to WW points...I was too lazy to look for my points counter and I had already thrown out the packaging from breakfast. I guess tomorrow will be a better day. Yes, it's a new day!

B - one carton yogurt (I started taking enzymes, and it makes a BIG difference with the dairy for me)
2 cups of ****** lol, I know what that is...hehehe) with n/d creamer
Total 250 calories
S - One small grapefruit - 76 calories

L - HA Living foods survival bar - 300 - (got it from someone on ebay)

S - 2 rice crackers - 140

D - This was my down fall because I was using up leftovers
6 oz piece of *****
med baked potato
********* for potato
green *****
feta *****
greek olives
lite dressing
total 1126 calories
Fiber - 10 calories
Grand total - 1902
Walk on treadmill for 3 miles - 345 (according to readout)
If I am doing this correctly, then my daily total is 1902 - 345 =1557

I am not sure how to calculate out how many calories that I need to get back on track. On WW I was on 20 points, I will switch back to that system tomorrow - much easier for me to figure out!

I do not know if I should use UFO's or ***** I think we should rename the board to Area 51. I know what they mean. I do not want to confuse someone with my "Non-IBS approved" food choices. LOL we totally understand the UFO or ****** do whatever you like.

Take care,

Karen

--------------------

Re: My first post as a soon-to-be mommy! new
      #160743 - 03/15/05 11:07 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok... this morning I had my first doctors visit... as I needed to be able to give them a good urine sample, I chose not to drink anything before leaving since my appointment was first thing. With this being said, I couldn't take my Mirilax until after I got home and I usually take that before eating, so I skipped breakfast. I did however want to be able to make it through my appt without passing out from hunger, so I nibbled on some graham crackers.

CONGRATS SWEETIE!!

ok... now that I've babbled, here's the rest of the day...

Lunch - turkey, light mayo and lettuce on wheat bread, oven fries and seedless grapes.

Snack - 1/2 grapefruit and some in-the-shell peanuts

Dinner - spaghetti sauce over linguini/fettucini noodles, salad with light vinegarette dressing nice!! Did you serve it hot or cold?

Water - I think I've gotten close to 80oz today... give or take a few (this includes some peppermint tea this evening) YAH!!

--------------------

#160744 - 03/15/05 11:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

38 points! 16 flex points used. (Day out with the girls and lunch at East Side Marios - lots of ufo's consumed). Back to being a good girl today. The day out was fun. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Well, I'm glad you had a great time.... as long as you had the flex points don't worry about it!!

--------------------

#160745 - 03/15/05 11:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here's my Monday:

Breakfast - soy milk w/fiber powder, 1 piece homemade coffeecake (gone now )
Snack - apple
Lunch - turkey wrap w/ mustard and lettuce, about 3/4 of a super pretzel (I shouldn't have eaten it at all, it appeared to be covered in oil it made me a little crampy) Now why do they have to ruin a good thing? hope you feel better now...
Dinner - 5 scrambled egg whites, hashbrowns (made w/canola oil) unsweetened applesauce.
Dessert - few dried cherries, 1 large mug decaf w/the works.

I was doing soooo good not having any coffee until after dinner at least I had less than I normally do. I'm going to try again today - so far so good. Oh good...I know it is hard to stop

Excercise - 18 min on elliptical w/5 min walking warmup and cooldown, a few crunches. good

Water - no clue - maybe 70-80 oz? that's a good clue!

--------------------

Re: been offline for a few days, but here is yesterdays report new
      #160748 - 03/15/05 11:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

yesterday-

cheerios and rice milk
2 luna bars
1 turkey sandwich
some bean thread noodles and sauce
then for dinner:

Shell's honey chicken cut into small pieces- YUMMY! Oh, I'm glad you liked!! with panko
homebaked fries- some garlic, some chipotle garlic (mine) and some cayenne garlic
burgers and fixings for those who wanted (I didn't eat any)
banana bread - plain and chocolate Is this what you baked? Or is baking Tues?

Amie

--------------------

#160749 - 03/15/05 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have been doing pretty good. Did have a good week last week. I worked out everyday. Did strength training two days and cardio the rest. My eating has even gotten better. I am feeling better as well. This week I can only do cardio as I hurt my wrist so that means no weight training Oh well but I at least I can still do something. It just feels so great to be back to working out.

WOW.... you really are doing good! Keep it up!! Hope your wrist gets better fast too!

--------------------

oh good -nt new
      #160796 - 03/15/05 02:33 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Re: been offline for a few days, but here is yesterdays report new
      #160864 - 03/15/05 05:41 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I made the banana bread and did another loaf tonight- none left... and also adb muffins with acacia for my evening acacia doses this week.. frose those though... was short on baking time but Monday tends to be my baking day most weeks..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review