All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can't lose weight
      #158943 - 03/09/05 07:34 PM
karen1972

Reged: 03/09/05

I have been on Heather's diet for quite a while now and have been exercising for the last few months. I am fairly overweight but just can't seem to shift any of it.
Any hints, tips or ideas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can't lose weight new
      #159023 - 03/10/05 02:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You need to count calories really as so many things are suprisingly calorific!

Have a look at the other posts on here and you'll get an idea of what people do/eat. Shell Marr is our super loser - her goal has now changed to 90 pounds I believe!

#159044 - 03/10/05 04:23 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It takes time. And as Linz said, you need to count your calories. It took me 3 weeks to lose weight on Weight Watchers. Try going for healthy snacks - that's where I lose ground. Try unsweetened applesauce cups, apples (peeled), fat free turkey sandwiches with mustard, ff mayo and lettuce. I live on them. (Use calorie-reduced bread). Keep up your exercise!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: LOL Linz! new
      #159078 - 03/10/05 06:05 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

I think this is the only board I've been on where if you're a super loser, it's a good thing!
I wanna be a super loser, too!! That made me laugh, thanks I needed that this AM.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#159351 - 03/10/05 03:58 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi,

Are you writing down what you are eating?

I know that it is a pain, but when you have to be accountable for every bite, you will become very aware of what it is and how much you are eating. My leader said, "if you bite it, write it down". I know that for me, that portion control is a big issue. I contantly have to guard myself about just piling something on my plate. I also have to be careful of letting myself go too long without eating. I try to eat something every three to four hours. Even if it is something small like a rice cake. If I do not I feel shakey, sick, and ravanous! Measure everything you eat, write it down, and look it up.

I need to follow my own advice, I have gotten lazy and find that I am in another plateau!

Take care!

#159358 - 03/10/05 04:08 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i agree, you need to write down everything you eat. that give you a little prospective on what you have been taking in. areyou on any meds that may cause weight gain? i know alot of my clients were on certain hormones that cause weight gain. if you don't mind me asking...how old are you? are you in menepausal age? i know no woman likes to say they are.....but the shift in your body may cause weight gain. how long do you exercise? how long have you been?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3124

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review