All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN 3/8/05 - Can I start?
      #158126 - 03/08/05 05:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

This different time zone thing is throwing me!

Anyway, today is going ok...and I'm feeling pleased with myself cos I've drunk 1.5 litres of water (2.25 litre target) already...having a bottle on my desk is making it ALOT easier.

I'm STARVING atm and trying not to limit myself so I'm hungry because I feel that I'm in a danger zone for a Fibro flare. But I bought Japanese Rice Crackers (100% FF) instead of biccies this morning and hopefully they'll see me out this afternoon - it's only 360 calories for the whole packet thankfully! AND I've had some fruit and veg already!

Breakfast: Bowl of Crunchy Nut cereal with soy milk and Acacia.

Snacks:
- Japanese Rice Crackers.
- Vanilla soy dessert.
- Tescos Blueberry Free-from breakfast bar.
- 1 ADB .

Lunch:
- Tuna mayo sandwich made with light mayo and cucumber.
- Canned peach slices.

Edited by Linz (03/08/05 07:20 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

my report for the day so far.. new
      #158202 - 03/08/05 08:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

lets see... cheerios with soy milk and sfs
1 scone at my desk, 2 mini muffin sized ADB's, and a luna bar...

Shell- I need to use more altoids, but I forget I ahve them with me half the time.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: REPORTING IN 3/8/05 - Can I start? new
      #158235 - 03/08/05 10:05 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05

Wow, Linz, you seem to be doing so well

foodies:
*bowl of porridge and muesli (not a good idea ) with mini banana & soy milk
*crumpet
*honeybush tea
*baguette with hummus & basil tofu
*chocolate thing (again, not a good idea )
*crumpet
*peppermint tea
*banana
*veggie Jalfrezi curry (Patak's sauce from a jar) with basmati rice & Tesco H/E mini naan this sauce contains coconut, but is very low fat, so I thought I would give it a go)

exercise:
*cycled to work & back (10 miles)
*running session
*cool down stretches

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#158277 - 03/08/05 10:58 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

This different time zone thing is throwing me! hehehe thanks for fixing the date!

Anyway, today is going ok...and I'm feeling pleased with myself cos I've drunk 1.5 litres of water (2.25 litre target) already...having a bottle on my desk is making it ALOT easier. How many times have you had to pee? LOL

I'm STARVING atm and trying not to limit myself so I'm hungry because I feel that I'm in a danger zone for a Fibro flare. OH NO!! But I bought Japanese Rice Crackers (100% FF) instead of biccies this morning and hopefully they'll see me out this afternoon oh good! - it's only 360 calories for the whole packet thankfully! AND I've had some fruit and veg already!

Breakfast: Bowl of Crunchy Nut cereal with soy milk and Acacia.

Snacks:
- Japanese Rice Crackers.
- Vanilla soy dessert.
- Tescos Blueberry Free-from breakfast bar.
- 1 ADB .

Lunch:
- Tuna mayo sandwich made with light mayo and cucumber. Yum... I miss my tuna...I'm gonna have to start bringing one to work for lunch a couple time a week... I just love Subways roll...oh,and I don't have to make it!! LOL
- Canned peach slices.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: my report for the day so far.. new
      #158278 - 03/08/05 10:59 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell- I need to use more altoids, but I forget I ahve them with me half the time. I keep mine in visual range in my car and I always have them in my gym bag..

--------------------

#158282 - 03/08/05 11:01 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow, Linz, you seem to be doing so well

foodies:
*bowl of porridge and muesli (not a good idea ) why? with mini banana & soy milk
*crumpet
*honeybush tea
*baguette with hummus & basil tofu that sounds interesting...I've got to start playing with tofu...
*chocolate thing (again, not a good idea ) lol
*crumpet
*peppermint tea
*banana
*veggie Jalfrezi curry (Patak's sauce from a jar) with basmati rice & Tesco H/E mini naan this sauce contains coconut, but is very low fat, so I thought I would give it a go) how did your tummy do?

exercise:
*cycled to work & back (10 miles) WOW.... you are a cycling fool I tell ya!!
*running session
*cool down stretches

--------------------

#158399 - 03/08/05 02:12 PM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

An OK day.

Crumpet for breakfast, tortilla wrap with carrot and coriander soup for lunch and a tuna and veg stir fry with rice for dinner. Again too many snacks including the obligatory pack of monster munch (BBQ beef)and some very naughty ice cream (which I am sure I will pay for later).

Went to yoga and it was a fairly intense hour and half session, so should have burned some calories and toned up a bit.

Tomorrow is a bit of a pig of a day. Go to hospital at 1.30 for tests (including blood tests which I hate), then have to hang around till 3.10 for my counselling session, which always leaves me exhausted and in a mess.

Did I mention I have annoying panic attacks in hospitals because of the horrible experiences I had in them as a child (ie someone dying in the bed behind me and some one having a breast biopsy in the opposite bed - god bless the NHS).

Oh well, I think I'll be in for a night of action packed dreams ... that is if I sleep.

#158401 - 03/08/05 02:20 PM
khyricat

Quote:

1.5 pita with chipotle hummus - yummy!
1 scone
2 more adb mini muffins
1 piece turkey jerkey

DH brought me a chicken and bean burrito from my favorite mexican place (its down the road from his office) but we're going grocery shopping first- thus the turkey jerky while I wait on his arrival!)

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Padron me, but what is a crumpet? n-t new
      #158404 - 03/08/05 02:31 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Padron me, but what is a crumpet? new
      #158406 - 03/08/05 02:37 PM
Shell Marr

A yeast and flour based breakfast food, featuring lots of holes

--------------------

#158419 - 03/08/05 03:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

(cat sleeping on lap typing not so good). cream of wheat and toast for b. banana, luna bar for snack. went to friends had 2 breadsticks and this gross chili with celery in it? what is with that? jelly bellies before and after rehab. weights and 28 minutes biking. another banana and handful pistachios. dinner will be "velvet" chicken, rice and veg medley. drank lots of water. feel like pampering myself tonight for some reason. also pulled thigh muscle working on ice yesterday. should be ok.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN 3/8/05 new
      #158512 - 03/08/05 08:53 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: oat bread
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: luna bar & a banana
Snacks: more oat bread, honeycomb
Dinner: butternut-potato curry, jasmine rice
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 1 glass water = 70oz so far

Food & drinks total: 2000 or so (I wasn't good about logging today, but I came up with 1803, which means I'm probably forgetting something... I feel like I did nothing but eat today, heh)
Fruits & veggies: 4

Activity:
shoveling snow, extreme hardcore thrifting = -357

REPORTING IN - 3/8/05 new
      #158523 - 03/08/05 10:24 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2397 + I burned 878 calories 7 minutes on Elliptical ,60 minutes Power Sculpt Class, 9 sets of 20 Ball Crunches at home) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2029 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.
*Starting next week...this Trainer (Heather) will be taking my bodyfat percentage every other week. The guy that was doing it has moved away.

Breakfast: 180 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar (the new kind, I did not notice any change AT ALL in that one) & Water

Lunch : 309 calories Subway Sandwich (6" on White w/Oven Roasted Chicken Breast - cold, Easy Lettuce, Pickle, & Ground Mustard)& Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 447 calories I increased my snacks today because the last two days I have felt REALLY hungry and in reading many posts on this board, I realized that maybe I was NOT eating ENOUGH... I feel MUCH better today. 4oz Canned Peachs juice drained, 1/3 cup Dried Mango, 10 Pumpernickle Onion Pretzel Sticks , 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), 1 rolls of Smarties, 1 Dark Choc Hershey's Kiss & Water

Before Working Out: 260 calories Sky X-Treme Chocolate Power Dream Soy Energy Drink I really felt great in class today...I think this really helped!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 475 calories Bevr's Lentil Soup (so so very yummy) , 2 Sourdough Roll w/CBINBS & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1680.25 calories

Total Water intake SO FAR = 128 oz

I WILL have UFO w/water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1930.25 . HIGH but....still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#158575 - 03/09/05 02:24 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05

Hey, Shell-

my tummy was fine with the coconut milk sauce- it was advertised as low fat so the coconut was more of a flavouring than anything else. I've started eating a mini-naan before I touch the curry, so I get the SF in first- seems to help. I think there was only about 5% fat in the sauce- it didn't have oil as an ingredient, but I added some to cook my veggies, so it's definitely one I'll have again.

Cycling is great, although I didn't get to go running, which is possibly a good thing. I could sit on the bike all day (and sometimes do).

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Re: REPORTING IN 3/8/05 new
      #158596 - 03/09/05 04:12 AM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

What's teccino with stevia? (I'm imagining it must be fabulous if you have four mugs of it, so I'm instantly interested in trying ...)

#158611 - 03/09/05 05:07 AM
khyricat

I ate more then 2/3 the burrito- normally its more like half, and then later had blueberry buckle with acacia in it and a chocolate scone- yummy.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

debra s new
      #158613 - 03/09/05 05:16 AM
atomic rose

Hehe... it is pretty good. Teeccino is an all-natural caffeine free coffee substitute. It doesn't taste quite like coffee, but it IS really good. You can find out more about it on their web page.

Stevia is a natural calorie-free sweetener - it's a plant extract, and the ONLY calorie-free sweetener that's safe for IBS'ers. If you decide to try it, make sure you get a pure kind without any additives. A word of warning, though: it has a HEAVY herbal taste that takes a lot of getting-used-to. I'd really prefer to use sugar, but I use too much of it in a day for my calorie-watching goals, so I switched to stevia.

I used to be a pot-a-day coffee drinker... now I'm a pot-a-day teeccino drinker. It's not quite the same thing, but close enough for me!

#158619 - 03/09/05 05:52 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Here's the Tuesday report:

Breakfast - multigrain cereal made w/soymilk, raisins, cinnamin. OJ w/fiber powder. 16 oz coffee w/cream&sugar
snack - banana (and more coffee but only ~8 oz this time, still w/c&s)
Lunch - PB&J on sourdough
Dinner - TJ's shrimp & veggie frozen stirfry, 2 slices of baguette

I'm pretty sure there were also a few dried apricots in the day somewhere . . .

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class

Water - Maybe about 65 oz???

I am very proud of myself for resisting the rest of the store-bought rice crispy treat that was burning a hole in my "candy drawer." I am saving it for the next time I do cardio - probably tonight!

I am thinking of reducing the amount of breakfast I eat b/c it frequently makes me too full and I eat it all anyway. I make the single serving of 1-min oatmeal, so maybe I will decrease that by 1/4 and see if that makes a difference.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: debra s new
      #158624 - 03/09/05 06:11 AM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

Thanks so much for the info.

That's what I had to do... new
      #158641 - 03/09/05 06:30 AM
atomic rose

I never eat JUST oatmeal for breakfast anyway - it's my prime opportunity for getting some insoluble fruit - so I ended up cutting down to a 1/2 serving of the oatmeal, and I find I feel so much better. Too much at a meal just doesn't work for IBS'ers.

#158825 - 03/09/05 02:06 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Ok, yesterday sucked in terms of calorie consumption:

Total: 1258

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter 323 calories
At work: unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread, vegan blueberry muffin, 2 Buttermilk pancakes with pumpkin butter 625 calories
Dinner (at work): pasta with Prego garden combination sauce and rice cheese 310 calories

Part of the problem is that I have class on Tuesday nights, so all the food I have for the day I essentially bring with me (minus breakfast), but my last class was last night, so hopefully things will be better now!

exercise: other than incidental walking around work, none really since I was trying to be easy on my right leg that had been bothering me since Sunday, and I got rides into and home from work....which I'm glad I did, because now it's all better!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#159248 - 03/10/05 12:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

An OK day.

Crumpet for breakfast, tortilla wrap with carrot and coriander soup for lunch and a tuna and veg stir fry with rice for dinner. all sounds great Again too many snacks including the obligatory pack of monster munch (BBQ beef) yikes and some very naughty ice cream (which I am sure I will pay for later). yeah, I bet ya will..

Went to yoga and it was a fairly intense hour and half session, so should have burned some calories and toned up a bit.
Isn't that just a wonderful thing?!!?
Tomorrow is a bit of a pig of a day. Does not have to be.....see my post last week about this... Go to hospital at 1.30 for tests (including blood tests which I hate), then have to hang around till 3.10 for my counselling session, which always leaves me exhausted and in a mess.

Did I mention I have annoying panic attacks in hospitals because of the horrible experiences I had in them as a child (ie someone dying in the bed behind me and some one having a breast biopsy in the opposite bed - god bless the NHS). That is really sad....

Oh well, I think I'll be in for a night of action packed dreams ... that is if I sleep. take care sweetie..

--------------------

#159252 - 03/10/05 12:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1 scone at my desk, 2 mini muffin sized ADB's, and a luna bar... so far so good...

1.5 pita with chipotle hummus - yummy! uuuummm....
1 scone
2 more adb mini muffins
1 piece turkey jerkey I gots to get me some of that.... how many caloires and what is the serving size? Trader Joes right?

DH brought me a chicken and bean burrito from my favorite mexican place (its down the road from his office) Awww... he is a keeper... but we're going grocery shopping first- thus the turkey jerky while I wait on his arrival!)

I ate more then 2/3 the burrito- normally its more like half, and then later had blueberry buckle with acacia in it and a chocolate scone- yummy. oh my goodness.... sounds so good...can you tell I'm hungry right now? LOL

--------------------

#159254 - 03/10/05 12:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

(cat sleeping on lap typing not so good). cream of wheat and toast for b. banana, luna bar for snack. went to friends had 2 breadsticks and this gross chili with celery in it? what is with that? LOL jelly bellies before and after rehab. UUmmm....what is YOUR favorite flavor?? weights and 28 minutes biking. another banana and handful pistachios. dinner will be "velvet" chicken I saw you posted that... I'm gonna have to go check it out. , rice and veg medley. drank lots of water. feel like pampering myself tonight for some reason. also pulled thigh muscle working on ice yesterday. Oh NO!! Feel better soon..... should be ok.

--------------------

#159255 - 03/10/05 12:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: oat bread
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: luna bar & a banana
Snacks: more oat bread, honeycomb
Dinner: butternut-potato curry, jasmine rice Oh, that sounds yummy yummy yum!!
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 1 glass water = 70oz so far Yeah !!

Food & drinks total: 2000 or so (I wasn't good about logging today, but I came up with 1803, which means I'm probably forgetting something... I feel like I did nothing but eat today, heh) that is how I felt on 3/9!!
Fruits & veggies: 4

Activity:
shoveling snow, extreme hardcore thrifting LOL I love it!! = -357

--------------------

#159259 - 03/10/05 12:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey, Shell-

my tummy was fine with the coconut milk sauce- it was advertised as low fat so the coconut was more of a flavouring than anything else. I've started eating a mini-naan before I touch the curry, so I get the SF in first- seems to help. I think there was only about 5% fat in the sauce- it didn't have oil as an ingredient, but I added some to cook my veggies, so it's definitely one I'll have again. Oh good...I'm glad you did ok with it.

Cycling is great, although I didn't get to go running, which is possibly a good thing. I could sit on the bike all day (and sometimes do). That is great....I would love to ride again.... it has been 20 years for me except for the ONE 45 min cycling class at the gym I took LOL My butt gets sore....due to my weight...but the more I lose I bet the easier it will be....

--------------------

#159262 - 03/10/05 12:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here's the Tuesday report:

Breakfast - multigrain cereal made w/soymilk, raisins, cinnamin. OJ w/fiber powder. 16 oz coffee w/cream&sugar
snack - banana (and more coffee but only ~8 oz this time, still w/c&s)
Lunch - PB&J on sourdough
Dinner - TJ's shrimp & veggie frozen stirfry, 2 slices of baguette

I'm pretty sure there were also a few dried apricots in the day somewhere . . . lol

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class GREAT!!

Water - Maybe about 65 oz??? that is good...

I am very proud of myself for resisting the rest of the store-bought rice crispy treat that was burning a hole in my "candy drawer." I am saving it for the next time I do cardio - probably tonight! Wonderful....I'm proud of you too.... it take will power when you KNOW it's there!!

I am thinking of reducing the amount of breakfast I eat b/c it frequently makes me too full and I eat it all anyway. I make the single serving of 1-min oatmeal, so maybe I will decrease that by 1/4 and see if that makes a difference. you could do that.... or make 1/2 and then have the other 1/2 with your banana?? As long as your getting enough caloires....

--------------------

#159267 - 03/10/05 12:44 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok, yesterday sucked in terms of calorie consumption:

Total: 1258 Yeah, that was not much at all...

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter 323 calories
At work: unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread, vegan blueberry muffin, 2 Buttermilk pancakes with pumpkin butter 625 calories
Dinner (at work): pasta with Prego garden combination sauce and rice cheese 310 calories

Part of the problem is that I have class on Tuesday nights, so all the food I have for the day I essentially bring with me (minus breakfast), but my last class was last night, so hopefully things will be better now!

exercise: other than incidental walking around work, none really since I was trying to be easy on my right leg that had been bothering me since Sunday, take it easy on that leg.... and I got rides into and home from work....which I'm glad I did, because now it's all better! oh good!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review