All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: How many of you have actually lost weight since we started this Board? new
      #157697 - 03/07/05 07:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Mary...soemtimes the exercise plateau thing is solved by changing the exercise type you do. So maybe try the rowing machine or some sort of cardio class instead of some of your running/elliptical. You don't always need more, just variety.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Changing exercises new
      #157760 - 03/07/05 08:20 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

I mix up my exercise all the time. Especially the cardio stuff between ellip, treadmill, rowing. Don't do the bike because I find it really boring. I just bought some Lotte Berk Method exercise tapes and am going to do them to see if it changes anything. It isn't cardio, but more using your own body weight for exercises and then lots of stretching the muscles out. I walked an hour through the woods with the dogs this morning - up and down hills, in the mud, over streams......I'm going to be very concise and accurate about counting everything I eat this week and see what happens.

I just need to get through the between meal munchies and like Linz said, I'll make more WW soup and fill up on that. You can even add the acacia right to your bowl. Or with two slices of WW bread, that's only a 1 pt. snack. Beats trying to only eat a couple of graham crackers for 3 pts.!!
Cindy

WW new
      #157793 - 03/07/05 08:59 AM
Linz

Yeah I found that finding lower point alternatives was easier than trying to resist the temptation to eat more than one or two or something!

Soy desserts are great tho...low-cal, filling and yummy. And some snack bars are very filling without being too high cal.

Re: Thanks ralph new
      #157938 - 03/07/05 04:12 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

home made baguettes...mmmmm...can you send me some too?

I have been thinking the exact same thing! new
      #157946 - 03/07/05 04:32 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

A friend of mine just had a baby and was doing WW before her pregnancy. She claims she was about 20lbs over her goal before she got pregnant, and now that she's breastfeeding, she's allowed 32 pts a day, plus 35 flex points for the week. When she stops breastfeeding, she'll be allowed 20 pts a day, plus 35 flex points for the week. I think that is CRAZILY low calorie.

If I don't eat at least 1600 a day, I would gnaw my arm off. I typically aim for 2300 and have been so hungry lately that some days have reached 2400 or 2500. The weekends are "off days" for me because I sleep later and therefore don't eat as much, but I make up for it during the week.

So, yes, I was thinking the same thing about WW being too low calorie when my friend was explaining it to me. Not only is life too short to starve yourself, but I've actually gotten within 4lbs of my lowest weight when I was struggling with an ED, by eating 2000 calories more per day than I was back then.

Please, ladies, fuel your bodies!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: I have been thinking the exact same thing! new
      #158045 - 03/07/05 09:18 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Heh your numbers sound almost exactly like mine... (Weekends are like that for me too, not enough waking hours to get in al those calories! lol)

I seem to remember you mentioning somewhere that you fitday and do lots of exercise. What kind of exercise program are you doing lately?

Re: I have been thinking the exact same thing! new
      #158082 - 03/08/05 01:38 AM
Linz

The thing with WW is that you're expected to use your flex points (if you're ont hat system) AND you get extra points if you're more active. But I bet your friend would need extra with a new baby! No sleep means you need more fuel to keep going!

Re: Thanks ralph new
      #158196 - 03/08/05 08:33 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry- I don't think they'd ship well, but they are EASY to make..

flour, water, sugar and yeast (sugar to feed the yeast) thats it! let the dough rise, then shape and proof and bake.. preferably on a stone so they come out crisper and more evenly cooked.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review