All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 3/5/05 new
      #157266 - 03/05/05 08:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Off to my very first STEP aerobics class.... wish me luck!! I'm gonna do some time on the Elliptical 1st... and then if I'm not dead after class I MIGHT take the REP - weight resistance training class after that!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: my report so far... new
      #157277 - 03/05/05 11:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

yipee.. I weigh under 120 now... but thats also dropping too much...

anyway- today so far...

cleaned up for showing this AM
cheerios and rice milk
1 piece of turkey jerky- BBQ flavor, large (from jerky factory locally)
small amount of pasta from yesterday.

rest of the pasta...

will have:

luna bar for snack
pulled chicken for dinner

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Step Aerobics new
      #157282 - 03/05/05 11:35 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Good luck at Step..

I took one last week and ugh it was so hard.
I couldn't walk for two days afterwards without my calve muscles killing. I think it was the fact that you probably are doing about a trillion steps without noticing. I'm gonna go back for more though.. it was great exercise.

--------------------

Re: my report so far... new
      #157286 - 03/05/05 11:42 AM
khyricat

Quote:

Quote:

yipee.. I weigh under 120 now... but thats also dropping too much... That is great you are losing again... just be careful...

anyway- today so far...

cleaned up for showing this AM
cheerios and rice milk
1 piece of turkey jerky- BBQ flavor, large (from jerky factory locally) YUM...I've seen Soy Jerky at the HFS but have been afraid to spend the money in case it was gross! lol
small amount of pasta from yesterday.

My pull chicken is in the pot in the fridg....will start cooking about noon (after the gym)

Good luck with the pulled chicken

as to the jerky- Trader joe has some turkey and teriyaki turkey w/o MSG/HFCS... and the jerky outlet makes 3 flavors...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#157290 - 03/05/05 11:48 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Weigh in today- I gained 2 pounds! I am going to weigh tomorrow too because that doesn't seem right. I have about 6 weeks until my trip when I wanted to be 130. I am trying to eat less but I am hungry all the time. I treadmilled for 30 minutes today and ate carrots and an orange for lunch. I am also not napping but cleaning the house. I hope tomorrow I can report that the weight was down (sometimes I need to poop some out- sorry TMI. )

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

good luck- I"ve pooped pounds myself before.. new
      #157300 - 03/05/05 01:24 PM
khyricat

and I forget how much exercise the housework is and I've been doing a ton this week what with house showings and an open house tomorrow and stuff.. more sweeping and mopping tonight as well as the bike ride because I need to do that at least half an hour- will do that last though, once the housework is done as a way to keep busy!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: good luck- I"ve pooped pounds myself before.. new
      #157321 - 03/05/05 03:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Good luck on the biking tonight! I do 45 minutes every Sunday working up to 1 hour by early summer when I start real biking. Then we will do 20 miles every Sunday. But last week I was sick and didn't get to bike. I read magazines as I bike and it is great since I just lose track of time. Does anyone do that?
Also I have been really good today. Drinking a lot and snacking very little.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#157323 - 03/05/05 03:53 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My Saturday, so far:

So we joined a gym today! We even shelled out the money for three personal training sessions each. The trainer seems nice, he focuses on core and balance stabilization so that your training is for something- in my case to help with my running. Before we joined we took a free spin class. Let me tell you- spinning is HARD!! I was sweating a lot and my lungs and heart were BURNING (darn GERD, wish I could exercise without the heart pains). I didn't do that great, but I kept pedalling the whole time, even if I didn't stand up when they were. How many calories does spin class burn anyway?

And this is what I have eaten:
coffee- 4
"corn beef" hash- 6?
total of 10 points...
I still need to have dinner at some point, but now I'm heading off to the theatre!

#157325 - 03/05/05 04:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Try this site for calories burned: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html Shell gave me that link and it's *great* - it calculates for you based on your height, weight, and age, rather than just giving you an arbitrary number.

Good job with the class!

#157337 - 03/05/05 04:38 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thanks! Apparently I burned 624 calories today! Go me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29078

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review