All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Shell and your Subway Tuna
      #156628 - 03/03/05 03:59 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

You have been making me soooo hungry for a tuna fish sandwich on a Subway bun since you've been posting that that is what you eat everyday for lunch. You post that it is around 250 calories. Well, I went to their website and they list the 6" tuna sub on white bun at 530 calories!!! I called four local Subway stores to see if they made it with light mayo but they don't. Is that what your Subway uses? I made my own today at home but it just wasn't that good with fat free mayo on a pita.
Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

A tip about mayo new
      #156632 - 03/03/05 04:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think fat-free mayo is the nastiest thing ever. I use Just2Good, which is Hellmann's, I think, and it tastes SO much better - more like real mayo. It's not fat-free, but it's 2g fat per serving, which is still really low.

Just my unsolicited 2 cents.

Re: Shell and your Subway Tuna new
      #156639 - 03/03/05 04:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

HOLY BUCKETS!! Well, they HAVE changed something... I just went online and looked too.... it USED to be WAY WAY WAY less.... I'll have to see if I can find an older handout with all the nutritional info on it...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing this out.... they did change something!! I wonder how long ago it changed... my numbers have been off.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#156646 - 03/03/05 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I just called my Subway that I go to everyday.... it change about a month ago....(that would explain the weird feeling in my tummy... I thought maybe it was too much lettuce or something...) They changed from Lite Mayo to Regular Mayo and changed the Tuna to Lite Tuna!.... so DANG IT... I'm not gonna be able to have that anymore..... back to turkey or maybe the new Veggie Pattie that they have.. that is 160 calories + bread and stuff....so I'll have to find out... DANG IT ANYWAYS!!

So I have been eating 465 not 297 calories... so that is 168 calories more.... I don't think that would have put me over my budget in the last week or so....but still.... I don't want regular mayo!! GRUMP!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (03/03/05 04:40 PM)

#156655 - 03/03/05 04:43 PM
CindyC

Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news, but it is YOUR fault for making that sandwich so appealing to me that I had to check it out!!!
Cindy

Re: A tip about mayo new
      #156658 - 03/03/05 04:49 PM
CindyC

I've tried Just2Good too and I don't like it any better than the Fat Free by Kraft. Blech!!!

My favorite is Hellman's Light at 5 gr. To me it tastes "almost" like the real thing and I might just try going back to it again. Got a whole jar in the fridge right now. My husband won't go near the FF stuff!!!
Cindy

funny thing... new
      #156682 - 03/03/05 06:11 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I avoid all mayo, but I NEVER liked it even as a kid..a nd the low fat and fat free ones have so many chemicals so I just skip it!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I have Hellmann's Light too! new
      #156766 - 03/04/05 01:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

But I'm not all that sensitive to fat levels. If you are, try Hellmann's Extra Light. It's not the real stuff but it's a heck of alot better than FF.

Is that dairy?? - nt new
      #156768 - 03/04/05 01:56 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Don't think so new
      #156801 - 03/04/05 03:51 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

But check...I'm not that sensitive to tiny bits of dairy either. I think I would have checked that tho.

It's got eggs in, but I've never understood why they're counted as dairy anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review