All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Good morning everyone, I am a newbie and work at a health food store !!
      #156283 - 03/03/05 07:42 AM
thumper41

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Good Morning to all of my fellow sufferer's. I just wanted to do a better job of introducing myself to all of you. I am Thumper and work at a natural health food store and would like to be used by any of you with questions I might be able to help you all with. If I don't know the answer I surely will look into it and post it when I do find something that might help. I have suffered with chronic-severe IBS-D for over 4 years and I understand how individual it is for everyone but I would like to help if I can even in a small way. If nothing else I am a good listener. My e-mail address if it can be of use to any one is louise_bilodeau2000@yahoo.com Good luck to everyone and have a make the most of your day ! Thumper

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good morning everyone, I am a newbie and work at a health food store !! new
      #156416 - 03/03/05 09:40 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks and welcome Thumper... you know we will take advantage of you working at the HFStore !!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Good morning everyone, I am a newbie and work at a health food store !! new
      #156461 - 03/03/05 10:53 AM
thumper41

I will be happy to help to anyone in anyway I can.
Thumper

Maybe you can help me.... new
      #156463 - 03/03/05 10:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

i'm itching to work at a HFS. I havng ove fibromyalgia and should probably not be on my feet all day esp. at first. Any suggestions? Are there customer service jobs where you're on the phone? I'm great with that sort of thing! are those jobs hard to come by? What kind of discounts do you get? I would LOVE to be able to affrd to eat all my food organic.

Do you enjoy your job?
anks for posting. You will help lotsa folk here I'm sure *hugs*
Th

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I have a question for ya already... new
      #156488 - 03/03/05 11:28 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...if you know the answer to this one... I posted it in the "splenda" thread on the diet board, but maybe you'll see it quicker here.

Does the powdered form of stevia have the same heavy herbal taste as the liquid? I'm using a liquid stevia right now, and it's a dark, syrupy concoction with a heavy herbal taste. In stronger beverages, like chai, I can't taste it at all, but it does leave a funny taste in my Teeccino. Would the powdered stuff be better?

(I went with the liquid, btw, because it's the only one my HFS had that was just plain stevia, without added fiber, which I don't want.)

Thanks!

I've had the powdered Stevia... new
      #156497 - 03/03/05 11:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

and I felt it left the aftertaste to.

But I'm a fbromite so maybe I'm just overly sensativ to the taste?

i bet Thuper will be of more assistance Casey.

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: for Ruchie new
      #156520 - 03/03/05 12:45 PM
thumper41

Hello, There are alot of HFS that are nasty to their employees and alot that aren't. What I did to find my job was to frequent HFS in my area and got to know the staff that worked at them. After a while I started to ask the staff the questions you where asking me. Once I found one I was happy with I persued it until there was an opening and I already had alot of knowledge in natural health from being a customer for years, which helped. All they could offer was part-time so I took it with hopes to turn it into full time at some point. Some companies that make natural products like Enzymatic Therapy does offer sit down customer service where you are on the phone. I am sure that there are some other companies that do the same. You might want to check out the products at a HFS and write down their web sights and then check on line for jobs. I know that Enzymatic Therapy posts their jobs, their web sight is www.enzy.com . At the job I work I get 20% off listed prices unless the sale price is better. We also will ship. If you are ever interested. I hope this helps some. Good Luck and remember never give up on your dreams !! I didn't and it paid off. I am so thrilled to work where I do. Thumper

Re: for atomic rose new
      #156525 - 03/03/05 12:52 PM
thumper41

can you tell me what brand of stevia you are using ? I will check at work to see what brands we carry and get back to you with what I find out. I have tried the powder form and never had a bad after taste so I just wonder if it is in the quality of the product? It may take me a day or two to get back to you on this but don't worry I will get back to you as soon as I get the answer for you. Hang in there, Thumper

Re: I've had the powdered Stevia... new
      #156622 - 03/03/05 03:52 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

I have a box of powdered Stevia here that I'm now using. No added fiber. It's OK, but I have to admit that I much prefer the taste of Splenda.
Cindy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review