All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/3/05
      #156104 - 03/02/05 08:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/3 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/3/05 new
      #156378 - 03/03/05 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Here is Amie's Report
Quote:

lets see..

exercised- rode the bike for 15 minutes this AM and walked all over the hospital complex this AM

breakfast- cheerios and rice milk
snack- 1/2 mini peppermint fudge cake
1 salmon patty on 2 slices of bread

--------------------

#156381 - 03/03/05 09:20 AM
Shell Marr

Here is Linz's Report

Quote:

Today WAS going good. I got at least an hour of walking outside done today as it was lovely at lunchtime and then I had to go out to the PO as well. And I overindulged on biccies this morning but then kinda compensated by just having my soup and no bread for lunch. Plus I had my portion of fruit this morning. Was feeling great, but the no-bread has come back to kick me in the gut! grr...so much SF veg and still I have problems. Me and IF do NOT get on.

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (03/03/05 09:24 AM)

#156385 - 03/03/05 09:21 AM
Shell Marr

My goal today is to drink 136oz of water!! , 16 down so far (9:21am) 120 to go!!

--------------------

#156469 - 03/03/05 11:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here is Amie's Report
Quote:

lets see..

exercised- rode the bike for 15 minutes this AM and walked all over the hospital complex this AM how are things there?

breakfast- cheerios and rice milk
snack- 1/2 mini peppermint fudge cake
1 salmon patty on 2 slices of bread yum... pep cake too!

--------------------

#156471 - 03/03/05 11:05 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here is Linz's Report

Quote:

Today WAS going good. I got at least an hour of walking outside done today as it was lovely at lunchtime and then I had to go out to the PO as well. And I overindulged on biccies this morning but then kinda compensated by just having my soup and no bread for lunch. Plus I had my portion of fruit this morning. Was feeling great, but the no-bread has come back to kick me in the gut! grr...so much SF veg and still I have problems. Me and IF do NOT get on. Oh, it did start out good!! Is that why you went home.... your tummy grumpy?

--------------------

lets see... new
      #156587 - 03/03/05 02:22 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thanks for your concern Shell- as I posted this AM- she's doing much better then I expected today...

as far as other things:

ont he food side- since then I've had 2 black bean burgers on bread slices- one at my first bread and one at lunch.. and during the course of the day have eaten abut another half a peppermint fudge mini cake (1 recipe=6 mini cakes!)

Still have dinner to go and no idea what I'll eat for that.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#156647 - 03/03/05 04:34 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Did ok today. Had cream of wheat for bf which is 100 cal less than oatmeal. Had a luna bar for snack and a leftover chicken sandwich for lunch with 2T pistachios! and a banana and some skittles. Drank and peed a lot today. Worked out. Biked 30 minutes. Hurt shoulder again with weights . Had another luna bar after workout and then potato wedges, green beans and peas for dinner with tea. Will weigh in Friday or Saturday.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 3/3/05 new
      #156669 - 03/03/05 05:19 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: slice of carrot-ginger bread
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & banana
Lunch: impossibly easy spinach-parm pie, leftover herbed potatoes
Snacks: applesauce bread, 1/2 slice banana bread, saltines, fruit babyfood
Dinner: homemade pizza, half a bagel w/ garlic margarine
Drinks: 4 cups teeccino w/ stevia & rice milk, 3 glasses water = 70oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1533... I will probably have a snack later, too
Fruits & veggies: 5

Activity:
errands = -98

I ended up not trying the yoga today after all... I barely slept last night (panic attacks, sigh) and just wasn't up to it today. Now it's the weekend so I won't give it a try until Sunday at the very earliest.

Shell - your meatloaf, crumbled up, makes a fantastic topping for pizza, btw. I had "meatball" and onion pizza tonight for the first time in years, woohoo!

#156672 - 03/03/05 05:40 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Sorry to just butt in here but I noticed that everyday Casey you list "pre-breakfast" - I TOTALLY do this too! It makes mornings so much more stable for me. My prebreakfast is usually an English muffin while I sip tea and get ready for the day, then I sit down and have my "real" breakfast. If I had that when I first got up though on an empty tummy it would be over. My boyfriend thinks I'm insane but it really works for me!

ok that was just my little comment...

Yup... new
      #156673 - 03/03/05 05:49 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yay! Someone else who does this too! I stopped for a while, thinking I'd save myself some calories, and I started having attacks 3-4 times a week! So now I'm back to my pre-breakfast, and I feel loads better. I think it's healthier!

Re: lets see... new
      #156680 - 03/03/05 06:05 PM
khyricat

Quote:

thanks for your concern Shell- as I posted this AM- she's doing much better then I expected today...

as far as other things:

ont he food side- since then I've had 2 black bean burgers on bread slices- one at my first bread and one at lunch.. and during the course of the day have eaten abut another half a peppermint fudge mini cake (1 recipe=6 mini cakes!)

DH cooked dinner.. pasta with chicken in a tomato-ish sauce.. it wasn't very tomatoey, but flavorful and yummy...

and I got asked to put another pot of pulled chicken on for shabbos, so just put that together... I wonder if I'll have any left though this time- we are having company then...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

pre-breakfast new
      #156683 - 03/03/05 06:12 PM
khyricat

if I'm doing anything other then cereal with my acacia in it I start out with some applesauce and acacia... I used to even do that for cereal, but I've learned I can handle the cereal on its own if i wait an hour or 2 to eat it...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

REPORTING IN - 3/3 - very very bad! new
      #156726 - 03/03/05 08:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
Was NOT good today...
Had 3/4 Luna bar for breakfast w/applesauce and I had sushi for dinner but everything in the middle did not go as well! I had about 600 calories UFO! And gingerale (121 calories!) and just very bad today - no exercise 'cause I was busy all day. I should do some now but I've had bad D all day and bad stomach ache and I just feel exhausted.
Bad Stephanie!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#156739 - 03/03/05 10:00 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2408 + I burned 405 calories 60 minute Weight Resistance Training - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget .

REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training
Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N' Cranberry & Water

Lunch : 465 (READ: Shell and your Subway Tuna )calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water

Snacks during the day: 120 calories 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 564 calories Mashed Potatoes, BAKED - Buffalo Chicken Fingers, 1/2 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce for dipping & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1328.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96oz SO FAR (it's only 10pm here and I still will have my UFO, so I'm sure I will hit my 136oz goal)

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1578.25. Still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#156747 - 03/03/05 11:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 405 calories 60 minute Weight Resistance Training - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget .

Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results. Sounds like a good work out. I saw a thing on TV about kick boxing and thought of you. This may be a silly question but what do you kick?

Lunch : 465 (READ: Shell and your Subway Tuna )calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water How dare them, changing a good thing. No more tuna for you?

Snacks during the day: 120 calories 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) & Water Never heard of these..yes they are GF but not Soy free..darn. That's ok, I'm on a Mochi kick right now. What? No more JB's?

Dinner: 564 calories Mashed Potatoes, BAKED - Buffalo Chicken Fingers, 1/2 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce for dipping & Water

Total Water intake = 96oz SO FAR (it's only 10pm here and I still will have my UFO, so I'm sure I will hit my 136oz goal)

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1578.25. Still in my food budget!! You're still doing great Shell, but frankly, I DON'T know how you keep up the steady pace. I'm eating like Miss Piggy one day, and a sparrow the next. I wish I had your stick-to-itness. So do a lot of others here I'm sure! I'm still one of your biggest fans..........You are amazing!!
Auntie K .

--------------------

#156781 - 03/04/05 02:54 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

foodies:
*bowl of porridge with peanut butter & black currant jam
*lemon & ginger tea
*2 crumpets
*redbush tea
*baguette with hummus & onion bhajee (fried= bad, I know)
*slice of lemon drizzle cake
*muffin & soy yoghurt
*cinnamon tea
*rice noodles with tempeh, red pepper & butternut squash curry
*about 2 litres water

exercise:
workout with running club
*1 mile warm up
*dynamic warm up
*3 x 150 metres at sprint pace
*12 x 300 metres of fast running + 12 x 100m slow jog recovery
*1 mile cool down
*static stretching

I'm not sure I push myself enough. I always end the speed sessions feeling like I could do more if I wanted to.

I should work out how many calories I need. My idea of portion control is still- giant plate of veggies (not that I ever eat until I am overly full, but I am nervous about triggering tummy problems).

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#156785 - 03/04/05 03:03 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Very bad - lots of food and no exercise. My only excuse - its freezing here and we've got no central heating!

Tomorrow will be better.

#156845 - 03/04/05 05:03 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

23 points (target 22). I caved in and had 3 points of chips last night. But I swapped them with the 3 points I earned exercising.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#156898 - 03/04/05 06:44 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Ok, slightly inspired by Ruchie's post about eating enough calories, and going to this site: web page that Shell sent me to compute my BMR....I realized I'm probably not eating enough calories per day. So I am going to start counting them, not to lose weight, but to attempt to be a little healthier. I was so dead yesterday afternoon, and then I realized I'd only eaten about 800 calories thus far that day, and that was probably why I felt cruddy! So here's yesterday:

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter 321 calories
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes , a Tasty Lowfat Vegan Blueberry Muffin , 2 No Pudge Brownies 524 calories
Dinner: pasta with Prego Garden Combination sauce and half a bagel 415 calories
Snack: mini pretzels 220 calories

Total: 1480 calories

My BMR is 1336, and I said I was moderately active, since I do have my 20 minute walk to campus and 20 minute walk home most days, not to mention random running around at work, which means I should be eating about 1737 calories, so I really need to eat more during the day. Eating all those calories last night with dinner and the pretzels helped my calories for the overall day, but I think were too much for my tummy to handle, since I was having pains most of the night. So yes, kick my butt and get me to eat more during the day! I know eating a peanut butter and jelly bagel isn't the healthiest lunch, but for today, that's what I'm eating since it's so high in calories. Any idea for more high calorie lunches and easy to transport snacks for while I'm on campus all day?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#156967 - 03/04/05 07:53 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Here's my story for yesterday:

Breakfast - omelet w/green peppers, greens, mushrooms, and feta (omelet day at the caf. here at work - may not try it again b/c they use egg yokes and a LOT of butter - didn't make me sick but just not as healthy as my normal breakfast); OJ w/ fiber, coffe w/c&s
snack - raspberries
Lunch - turkey and swiss on wheat with spinach and mustard
Snack - few red pepper "sticks", dried apricots
Dinner - same as yesterday: steak, sweet potato, and asparagus (yes, Shell - BEEF! Since I am on Miralax now stuff doesn't bother me as much, if at all )
Dessert - hot chocolate soy milk (made w/vanilla soy milk and hot cocoa mix)

Excercise - 20 minute pilates tape

Water - prob. close to 80 oz.

Well, I did fairly good today. Except after dinner I was DESPERATELY craving something sweet. I was very close to going out any buying a cookie/slice of cake/ice cream or even baking something. But luckily I was able to convince myself to settle for the hot cocoa. Not sure that was any better, tho. Any thoughts on how to un-condition myself so that I don't crave sweets so badly, especially in the evening? If I can't surpress the cravings, there can only be more cake binges in my future!!! I feel like I eat very healthy all day and then in the evening all I want is sweets.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#156999 - 03/04/05 09:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Did ok today. Had cream of wheat for bf which is 100 cal less than oatmeal. Had a luna bar for snack and a leftover chicken sandwich for lunch with 2T pistachios! and a banana and some skittles. Drank and peed a lot today. LOL, you and me both! Worked out. Biked 30 minutes. good! Hurt shoulder again with weights . Oh no... Had another luna bar after workout and then potato wedges, green beans and peas for dinner with tea. Will weigh in Friday or Saturday. good luck!

--------------------

#157000 - 03/04/05 09:44 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: slice of carrot-ginger bread
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & banana
Lunch: impossibly easy spinach-parm pie I'm love to make this...but Shane would not touch it with a 10 foot pole!! LOL , leftover herbed potatoes
Snacks: applesauce bread, 1/2 slice banana bread, saltines, fruit babyfood
Dinner: homemade pizza yum! (see below) , half a bagel w/ garlic margarine
Drinks: 4 cups teeccino w/ stevia & rice milk, 3 glasses water = 70oz so far good!

Food & drinks total: 1533... I will probably have a snack later, too
Fruits & veggies: 5

Activity:
errands = -98

I ended up not trying the yoga today after all... I barely slept last night (panic attacks, sigh) and just wasn't up to it today. Now it's the weekend so I won't give it a try until Sunday at the very earliest. OK, take it easy and let us know how it goes.

Shell - your meatloaf, crumbled up, makes a fantastic topping for pizza, btw. I had "meatball" and onion pizza tonight for the first time in years, woohoo! OMG.... what a wonderful idea!! Now I know what to do with that single peice that we always have left... I eat one, Shane eats two , and the fourth tends to end up in the trash cuz there is not enough for both of us left for another meal.... oh, i'm excited now... that would be great on pita pizzas!!

--------------------

Re: lets see... new
      #157002 - 03/04/05 09:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

thanks for your concern Shell- as I posted this AM- she's doing much better then I expected today... I just saw she is out of ICU...that is great!!

as far as other things:

ont he food side- since then I've had 2 black bean burgers on bread slices- one at my first bread and one at lunch.. and during the course of the day have eaten abut another half a peppermint fudge mini cake (1 recipe=6 mini cakes!) I was gonna ask you about that... do you use mini loaf pans or mini bunt pans? How long did you cook them for?

DH cooked dinner.. pasta with chicken in a tomato-ish sauce.. it wasn't very tomatoey, but flavorful and yummy... good hubby!!

and I got asked to put another pot of pulled chicken on for shabbos, so just put that together... I wonder if I'll have any left though this time- we are having company then... I'm making the pulled chicken on Sat!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/3 - very very bad! new
      #157005 - 03/04/05 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys,
Was NOT good today... sorry sweetie
Had 3/4 Luna bar for breakfast w/applesauce and I had sushi for dinner but everything in the middle did not go as well! I had about 600 calories UFO! oops! And gingerale (121 calories!) and just very bad today - no exercise 'cause I was busy all day. I should do some now but I've had bad D all day and bad stomach ache and I just feel exhausted. Take it easy... tomorrow is a new day! {{hugs}}
Bad Stephanie!
--Steph

--------------------

#157008 - 03/04/05 09:58 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results. Sounds like a good work out. It really is... I've gotten a GREAT workout ALL week.. I saw a thing on TV about kick boxing and thought of you. This may be a silly question but what do you kick? The girl behind me if she does not stop invading my space!! LOL No, really....just the air.... front push kicks, round house, side and back kicks... it is SO much fun!! I can't wait until Monday for the next class. I'm really concidering taking a STEP class for the first time on Sat... I've been putting it off because I did not think I was strong enough in my legs to handle all my weight...but now I'm both lighter and stronger that I think I'm gonna give it a go... then if I don't make it the whole hour...and REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training class will follow it.

Lunch : 465 (READ: Shell and your Subway Tuna )calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water How dare them, changing a good thing. I KNOW...drives me crazy!! No more tuna for you? Nope... well, even if I could efford the extra 168 or 186 I forget calories in my food budget for any given day...I still don't want the regular mayo!!.....

Snacks during the day: 120 calories 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) & Water Never heard of these..yes they are GF but not Soy free..darn. I know...I always think of you when I find something new is hopes that it will fit all the criteria of YOUR diet...but it really is hard. That's ok, I'm on a Mochi kick right now. I still have not tried this yet... tell me more about it....how do you serve it? What? No more JB's? I had some last week....a whole box of valentine conversational ones...hehehe I just finshed up the gummy hearts, so I might get some JB's next?

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1578.25. Still in my food budget!! You're still doing great Shell, but frankly, I DON'T know how you keep up the steady pace. I don't either!! LOL I'm eating like Miss Piggy one day, and a sparrow the next. I wish I had your stick-to-itness. So do a lot of others here I'm sure! I'm still one of your biggest fans..........You are amazing!! Thanks... but keep that cane handy...ya never know when I will need a good swat!! LOL
Auntie K .

--------------------

mini cakes... new
      #157019 - 03/04/05 10:48 AM
khyricat

I have mini loaf pans, but I normally use mini bundts I love them and they look so fancy when taken places.. I do that or muffins.. normally takes about 25 minutes to cook the bundts... I start checking at 20 though just in case... also- sometimes I make 3 and 6 muffins in a small muffin tin, so I have to pull those out a bit sooner...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: mini cakes... new
      #157021 - 03/04/05 10:55 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have mini loaf pans, but I normally use mini bundts I love them and they look so fancy when taken places.. I do that or muffins.. normally takes about 25 minutes to cook the bundts... I start checking at 20 though just in case... also- sometimes I make 3 and 6 muffins in a small muffin tin, so I have to pull those out a bit sooner... Thanks!! I was thinking too that the mini muffins (bite size) would be great for snacks... do they seem to be dryer then the mini loafs?

--------------------

not at all.. I have mini muffin tins too... new
      #157026 - 03/04/05 11:25 AM
khyricat

I normally make brownies in those- and freeze them.. I haven't made the cake recipe that way, but ADB's work wonderfully- start checkign at about 15 minutes! I make 48 mini muffins from 1 recipe.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

OT for Little Minnie! new
      #157061 - 03/04/05 12:56 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Tamara! I just wanted to let you know that your picture of the two cats sleeping was voted the ABSOLUTE CUTEST OF THE MONTH by the family members I shared it with! And have I said how great the picture of you is yet? It's relatively new isn't it? Please tell me it is and I'm not fibro fogged -- that would be too embarrassing!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: OT for Little Minnie! new
      #157118 - 03/04/05 05:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks LS. Yes it is about 1-2 months old.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17428

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review