All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Yup... new
      #156673 - 03/03/05 05:49 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yay! Someone else who does this too! I stopped for a while, thinking I'd save myself some calories, and I started having attacks 3-4 times a week! So now I'm back to my pre-breakfast, and I feel loads better. I think it's healthier!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lets see... new
      #156680 - 03/03/05 06:05 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

thanks for your concern Shell- as I posted this AM- she's doing much better then I expected today...

as far as other things:

ont he food side- since then I've had 2 black bean burgers on bread slices- one at my first bread and one at lunch.. and during the course of the day have eaten abut another half a peppermint fudge mini cake (1 recipe=6 mini cakes!)

Still have dinner to go and no idea what I'll eat for that.

DH cooked dinner.. pasta with chicken in a tomato-ish sauce.. it wasn't very tomatoey, but flavorful and yummy...

and I got asked to put another pot of pulled chicken on for shabbos, so just put that together... I wonder if I'll have any left though this time- we are having company then...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

pre-breakfast new
      #156683 - 03/03/05 06:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if I'm doing anything other then cereal with my acacia in it I start out with some applesauce and acacia... I used to even do that for cereal, but I've learned I can handle the cereal on its own if i wait an hour or 2 to eat it...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

REPORTING IN - 3/3 - very very bad! new
      #156726 - 03/03/05 08:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
Was NOT good today...
Had 3/4 Luna bar for breakfast w/applesauce and I had sushi for dinner but everything in the middle did not go as well! I had about 600 calories UFO! And gingerale (121 calories!) and just very bad today - no exercise 'cause I was busy all day. I should do some now but I've had bad D all day and bad stomach ache and I just feel exhausted.
Bad Stephanie!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/3/05 new
      #156739 - 03/03/05 10:00 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2408 + I burned 405 calories 60 minute Weight Resistance Training - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget .

REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training
Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N' Cranberry & Water

Lunch : 465 (READ: Shell and your Subway Tuna )calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water

Snacks during the day: 120 calories 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 564 calories Mashed Potatoes, BAKED - Buffalo Chicken Fingers, 1/2 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce for dipping & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1328.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96oz SO FAR (it's only 10pm here and I still will have my UFO, so I'm sure I will hit my 136oz goal)

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1578.25. Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#156747 - 03/03/05 11:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2408 + I burned 405 calories 60 minute Weight Resistance Training - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget .

REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training
Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results. Sounds like a good work out. I saw a thing on TV about kick boxing and thought of you. This may be a silly question but what do you kick?

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N' Cranberry & Water

Lunch : 465 (READ: Shell and your Subway Tuna )calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water How dare them, changing a good thing. No more tuna for you?

Snacks during the day: 120 calories 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) & Water Never heard of these..yes they are GF but not Soy free..darn. That's ok, I'm on a Mochi kick right now. What? No more JB's?

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 564 calories Mashed Potatoes, BAKED - Buffalo Chicken Fingers, 1/2 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce for dipping & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1328.25 calories

Total Water intake = 96oz SO FAR (it's only 10pm here and I still will have my UFO, so I'm sure I will hit my 136oz goal)

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1578.25. Still in my food budget!! You're still doing great Shell, but frankly, I DON'T know how you keep up the steady pace. I'm eating like Miss Piggy one day, and a sparrow the next. I wish I had your stick-to-itness. So do a lot of others here I'm sure! I'm still one of your biggest fans..........You are amazing!!
Auntie K .

--------------------

#156781 - 03/04/05 02:54 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

foodies:
*bowl of porridge with peanut butter & black currant jam
*lemon & ginger tea
*2 crumpets
*redbush tea
*baguette with hummus & onion bhajee (fried= bad, I know)
*slice of lemon drizzle cake
*muffin & soy yoghurt
*cinnamon tea
*rice noodles with tempeh, red pepper & butternut squash curry
*about 2 litres water

exercise:
workout with running club
*1 mile warm up
*dynamic warm up
*3 x 150 metres at sprint pace
*12 x 300 metres of fast running + 12 x 100m slow jog recovery
*1 mile cool down
*static stretching

I'm not sure I push myself enough. I always end the speed sessions feeling like I could do more if I wanted to.

I should work out how many calories I need. My idea of portion control is still- giant plate of veggies (not that I ever eat until I am overly full, but I am nervous about triggering tummy problems).

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/3/05
      #156785 - 03/04/05 03:03 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Very bad - lots of food and no exercise. My only excuse - its freezing here and we've got no central heating!

Tomorrow will be better.

#156845 - 03/04/05 05:03 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

23 points (target 22). I caved in and had 3 points of chips last night. But I swapped them with the 3 points I earned exercising.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#156898 - 03/04/05 06:44 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Ok, slightly inspired by Ruchie's post about eating enough calories, and going to this site: web page that Shell sent me to compute my BMR....I realized I'm probably not eating enough calories per day. So I am going to start counting them, not to lose weight, but to attempt to be a little healthier. I was so dead yesterday afternoon, and then I realized I'd only eaten about 800 calories thus far that day, and that was probably why I felt cruddy! So here's yesterday:

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter 321 calories
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes , a Tasty Lowfat Vegan Blueberry Muffin , 2 No Pudge Brownies 524 calories
Dinner: pasta with Prego Garden Combination sauce and half a bagel 415 calories
Snack: mini pretzels 220 calories

Total: 1480 calories

My BMR is 1336, and I said I was moderately active, since I do have my 20 minute walk to campus and 20 minute walk home most days, not to mention random running around at work, which means I should be eating about 1737 calories, so I really need to eat more during the day. Eating all those calories last night with dinner and the pretzels helped my calories for the overall day, but I think were too much for my tummy to handle, since I was having pains most of the night. So yes, kick my butt and get me to eat more during the day! I know eating a peanut butter and jelly bagel isn't the healthiest lunch, but for today, that's what I'm eating since it's so high in calories. Any idea for more high calorie lunches and easy to transport snacks for while I'm on campus all day?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review