All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Discouraged and fallen off the wagon....
      #155959 - 03/02/05 02:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I blew it. Today, I got so depressed thinking that I haven't lost any weight this week that I ate 4 handfuls of Mand M's, and had two slices of meat pie for supper. I feel like giving up. It feels like I'm putting so much energy into counting points and watching what I eat and I'm getting NOTHING in return. It's so frustrating. I know my leader said that I'm building muscle and that it's going to take time, but still. I see all these people at meetings around me losing weight and I'm not budging. It's so discouraging. I know I have no right to complain, but this is SO HARD! I feel trapped. I feel trapped because every time I try to go out to the gym it requires a babysitter. I've tried going after John gets home and I put Quinlan to bed, but he's been working so late lately that I can't get there in time before the gym closes. I can go Sat and Sun, but that's just not enough. I'm doing weightlifting at home, but I know I need more cardio and I just can't get to it enough. This sucky snowy weather isn't making it any easier. I can't push the stroller through the slush/snow so walking is out. I feel so trapped. Maybe I'm not allowed to lose weight. Maybe I'll be stuck like this until the kids get in school. Feeling fat and horrible. Sorry this is so negative. If you made it to the end, thanks for listening to my little tirade.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Discouraged and fallen off the wagon.... new
      #156059 - 03/02/05 06:44 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Alicia - I feel so bad for you! Don't be discouraged. Can you find a gym that has daycare. I go to an aquatic center with a gym inside. It has daycare for $10 for 10 sessions. Quite reasonable. Then you could during the day. I don't have to use a sitter cuz DH is home on time...but I would if I had to.

You can do it hon!! I know you can...don't be negative. If you only had some M&M's don't worry.....normally you would have eaten those all week, so you had them today...so be it...tomorrow is a new day!

You can do it...you can email me for support...I'm around most all days....feel free to take advantage of me!

Good luck hon! You can do it, I believe in you!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#156069 - 03/02/05 07:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I second that... so you fell off... it's only food, and it's only one day, a drop in the bucket in the broad scale of things. Definitely don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow's another day. I KNOW you can do this!

Slow progress is the best kind, because you're building lifestyle habits - that's the kind of weight loss and fitness that stays with you, and you're less likely to gain back. Hang in there! The changes WILL come.

#156126 - 03/02/05 10:59 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

and i agree with both the above encouraging girls, lots of gyms now have baby sitting facilities to help lots of people in your position. It is a lifestyle thing, just be aware that there needs to be a deficit between energy input and energy output to lose weight, and you will get there !!!
good luck and have fun doing it, cos exercise really is loads of fun!
R

#156159 - 03/03/05 01:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It takes time!! Really! I wasn't losing any weight while I was countiong calories, then I was on a eat-for-Fibro thing with more calories and all of a sudden I've lost weight! I think our bods can take a while to catch on.

How about an exercise DVD at home? That way you could do cardio at home on the days you can't make it to the gym. Finding something you can do whatever is really helpful. My Mum's got my brother's old exercise bike at home and she does 10 minutes on that every morning before breakfast (and before anyone else is up). It's the only way she can fit exercise in, but it works for her.

#156216 - 03/03/05 05:58 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

I totally feel for you, but don't let this one day get you off track! I felt the same when I broke down after dinner Monday night and ate almost HALF A 9" CAKE!!! (luckily it was only a single layer and no frosting ) But like the others have said, it is only one day and really not a big impact overall, as long as you get back to your goals the next day. We all have our minor setbacks, and I personally think we all need a treat every so often! So best of luck to you - you can do it!

PS - I think getting a few different videos to do at home is a great idea! I like Winsor Pilates, but I don't have any "cardio" type tapes to recommend.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

if you have a bike and can't see the expense of a stationary new
      #156258 - 03/03/05 07:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but like to ride- check ebay for used trainers... a bike trainer holds your bike in it and you use it indoors like a stationary bike! I love mine! was on it for 15 minutes pre-shower today, would have done more but slept later then I planned and needed to get out in time for DH to get in!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#156413 - 03/03/05 09:38 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I blew it. Today, I got so depressed thinking that I haven't lost any weight this week that I ate 4 handfuls of Mand M's, and had two slices of meat pie for supper. I feel like giving up. NO...you CAN'T we will not let you!!! That is not what you REALLY want...is it? It feels like I'm putting so much energy into counting points and watching what I eat and I'm getting NOTHING in return. Yes, you are doing great keeping track and you are learning as you go...it WILL pay off...just give it time. It's so frustrating. I know my leader said that I'm building muscle and that it's going to take time, but still. Yes, I know you have heard this before....."you did not put the weight on over night, it's not gonna come off over night either" I see all these people at meetings around me losing weight and I'm not budging. It's so discouraging. I know I have no right to complain, Yes, you do.... you are having feelings and it is healthy to vent them. but this is SO HARD! I feel trapped. I feel trapped because every time I try to go out to the gym it requires a babysitter. I've tried going after John gets home and I put Quinlan to bed, but he's been working so late lately that I can't get there in time before the gym closes. That would be frustrating! I can go Sat and Sun, but that's just not enough. I'm doing weightlifting at home, but I know I need more cardio and I just can't get to it enough.Would you happen to have the funds and/or room for a stationary bike or treadmill for home? This sucky snowy weather isn't making it any easier. I can't push the stroller through the slush/snow so walking is out. I feel so trapped. Maybe I'm not allowed to lose weight. Maybe I'll be stuck like this until the kids get in school. NO.... Feeling fat and horrible. I understand how you feel... Sorry this is so negative. If you made it to the end, thanks for listening to my little tirade. Any time... Hope your having a better day.... really think about the bike or treadmill ....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Back on the wagon and thinkin positive.... new
      #156561 - 03/03/05 01:45 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I don't know what I woudl do without you all. I went to the gym today, did 20 minutes of eliptical and full body weight training. I also took some of your advice and invested in 3 cheap workout videos. They should be arriving in a couple of days.
Till then, thanks a bunch for all your support and advice! We're in this TOGETHER!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Good one Alicia! new
      #156563 - 03/03/05 01:46 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's the spirit. Let me know how those exercise vids go...I'm thinking of investing in one myself.

Re: Back on the wagon and thinkin positive.... new
      #156992 - 03/04/05 09:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I don't know what I woudl do without you all. I went to the gym today, did 20 minutes of eliptical and full body weight training. Oh, I'm sooo proud of you!! I also took some of your advice and invested in 3 cheap workout videos. WONDERFUL!! They should be arriving in a couple of days.
Till then, thanks a bunch for all your support and advice! We're in this TOGETHER! That's right... DON'T FORGET THAT when your frustrated! {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review