All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 3/2/05 new
      #155933 - 03/02/05 01:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I should have been more like you yesterday! I woke up dehydrated and had leg cramps. So I downed 1 1/2 glasses calcium orange juice at breakfast and then drank about 60 oz of water when working. I had to pee a lot. Had the same food as always today and worked pretty good. I think though that I might be going into another bad swing since I am bloated and my intestines feel like they are twisting. I am having tea and upped my fiber a little too. I am exhausted and have so much to do that I need to relax and calm down. I am off work until Monday and have rehab workout tomorrow. I am sore from weights yesterday since it had been some days since my last rehab. Hip is still good!
Next job for Tamara is to add up average calories, fat and nutrition. Report later on that.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yay Linz!! Congrats! -nt- new
      #155954 - 03/02/05 02:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Re: Reporting in 3/2/05 - I've lost weight! new
      #155993 - 03/02/05 04:27 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yay Linz! Congrats on your loss!

Me today:
Coffee-1
Snack pack o' graham crackers-2
veggie soup- 1
"chicken"- 4
carrots w/little olive oil- 1
rice- 3
snack- 6

total: 18

Good news though! Eric and I are looking into joining a 24 hour gym by our house. The school gym, though cheap, is too far away (and parking is always a nightmare). We're going to check out a spinning class Saturday morning!

Edited by chinagrl (03/02/05 07:02 PM)

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/2/05 new
      #156004 - 03/02/05 04:37 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

My goal today is to drink 136oz of water!! , 48 down so far (12:30pm) 88 to go!!

88oz down so far...(4:37pm)...48 to go!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Shell- I didn't post about it until just now.. new
      #156005 - 03/02/05 04:39 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

been trying to think about it as little as possible to keep stress levels down- my best friend had her brain cut open for the second time today.. if they had screwed up it would have been a frontal lobotomy due to location. She lost some abilities last time and it was in a less sensitive part of the brain. this time its in her frontal lobe..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Reporting in 3/2/05 new
      #156006 - 03/02/05 04:41 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

Here is Amie's Report in ...

Quote:

since Shell hasn't started it yet... Liz beat me to it this time!! LOL

Breakfast- cereal with rice milk (and acacia)
snack- luna bar
work has been a zoo.. lunch was: 1 pulled chicken sandwich (last of the chicken) I'm doing this on Sat or Sun.... , banana and because I was still hungry a luna bar.

snack later will be luna bar
dinner - ? I'll be at the hospital for awhile later with Cassi and Jason and Jamie and Sherry's parents and brother and sons.. and DH if he isn't working.. not sure when I'll eat or what I'll make. did I miss something... what is going on here?

I didn't eat my snack while at work, so ate it as I parked at the hospital and Bill got me a burrito (chicken and bean) from my favorite mexi place to reheat.. I normally eat half at each sitting, but I finished it!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

calories new
      #156020 - 03/02/05 05:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I calculated my diet for an average work day. I consume (a minimum) of 1940 calories, 26 grams of fat, 27 grams of fiber and over 100% calcium. Yet I think with my job I burn a lot of calories. However the only way I will lose weight is and always has been summer coming and eating less and running around more. I just wish I wasn't such a big breakfast hog. 3 packets of oatmeal! I just remembered that I didn't add in the handful of raisins I put in my oatmeal.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Reporting in 3/2/05 new
      #156066 - 03/02/05 07:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: slice of carrot-ginger bread
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: impossibly easy spinach-parm pie, carrot-ginger bread, leftover herbed potatoes
Snacks: lots more carrot-ginger bread, canned pears, brown sugar banana bread
Dinner: leftover turkey meatloaf & a fresh batch of herbed potatoes!
Drinks: 4 cups teeccino w/ stevia & rice milk, 3 glasses water = 70oz

Food & drinks total: 1651
Fruits & veggies: peaches, potato x 5 (a serving of diced potato is 1/2 cup), spinach, pears = 8

Activity: shoveling snow = -369

See, and today I feel completely stuffed eating less! Go figure!

I *tentatively* seem to have figured out why I've been having (non-exercise-related) attacks all the time. Back when I first started to really stabilize, I started my day with a slice of bread, and then waited an hour to eat breakfast, rather than just jumping in and eating first thing. I stopped that habit when I started counting calories, because I didn't want the extra 100-120 calories first thing in the morning.

Well, the past few days I've gone back to eating my bread in the morning, and guess what? No attacks! I also realized that I most often have attacks when I eat to the point of being quite full, but only in the morning... so I cut my portion of oatmeal in half (I now eat a half-serving with fruit). I'm still eating roughly the same calories, but I feel SO much better.

Sooo... tomorrow I'm going to risk an attack and try one of my workouts again, to see if the exercise is really to blame or if I just solved the problem by changing the way I eat.

Linz! new
      #156067 - 03/02/05 07:03 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Congrats on both the weight loss and being discharged from your GI doc!
Kepe up the good work!!
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Hi Casey new
      #156073 - 03/02/05 07:08 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi!
That's great that you've figured out what was giving you the attacks - and one extra piece of bread a day won't hurt with the calories! You can always cut down later in the day if it starts to be an issue, but I doubt it will! Then again, if it means you can do exercise, you can make that bread not even count!
I'm so happy for you, I hope you can get back to no attacks!
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23943

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review